Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3527161 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 9:22am On Nov 18, 2023
OhBritannia:
Netflix has struck again.
Best in cancelling top shows.

Shadow and bones has been cancelled after two seasons.

The people at the helms of affairs in Netflix are on colos.

Na thunder go fire them.

Season 2 was rather drab to me. I knew this was coming. The books were better.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Early scores

Let me see this one today.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:33am On Nov 18, 2023
zoroby:

Two truths can exist. Same way you find my statement weird is how I find us weird because I don't get the obsession. Personally, there are animes I place ahead of AOT
no problem I respect your opinion...

Personally the only animated show I see on the same level as AOT is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

In my opinion, no other animated show whether japanese, Chinese or Western comes close...

Then maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion and Monster.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2023
Man, I miss Chainsawman

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
no problem I respect your opinion...

Personally the only animated show I see on the same level as AOT is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

In my opinion, no other animated show whether japanese, Chinese or Western comes close...

Then maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion and Monster.

I liked the way you used the phrase 'in my opinion...'
It shows growth lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2023
zoroby:

I liked the way you used the phrase 'in my opinion...'
It shows growth lol
this guy grin

You get problem
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
armadeo:

Season 2 was rather drab to me. I knew this was coming. The books were better.

I even expected the cancellation sef.
Even season one was a struggle, despite interesting. The trailer I saw for season 2 was a total fvvking turn off. I wondered how Netflix didn't cancelled it sooner with the string of cancellations they've been on for some months.

Also the huge gap between both seasons is an issue but quality is the main underlying issue, cos we remember Amazon Prime who released Carnival Row 2 seasons in between 4yrs and it still turned out great.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Baddestguyp:
this guy grin

You get problem

I swear, I know lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
7 / 10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
Them dey blast Merlin and Legend of the Seeker for Twitter...

They said it has 0 rewatch value...that it's better to hold on to your childhood memories grin grin

So many comments saying they made the mistake trying to rewatch it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2023
Is this a crazy year for animation?

Movies:
Across the Spiderverse
TMNT: mutant mayhem
Nimona
Super Mario Brothers movie
The Boy and the Heron
Suzume

Series:
Scott Pilgrim Takes Off
Blue Eye Samurai
Onimusha
Pluto
Ooku: The Hidden Chambers
Scavengers Reign
Invincible
Pantheon
Attack on Titan
Vinland Saga
Bleach TYBW
Freiren
Jujutsu Kaisen
Hell's Paradise
Demon Slayer
Trigun Stampede
One Piece
Etc

Is it safe to say:

Animation >>>> Live Action in 2023?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 1:08am On Nov 19, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Them dey blast Merlin and Legend of the Seeker for Twitter...

They said it has 0 rewatch value...that it's better to hold on to your childhood memories grin grin

So many comments saying they made the mistake trying to rewatch it

° Brodaman, That legend is not there for name sake, Meh wetin?? °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 6:20am On Nov 19, 2023
OhBritannia:
Netflix has struck again.
Best in cancelling top shows.

Shadow and bones has been cancelled after two seasons.

The people at the helms of affairs in Netflix are on colos.

Na thunder go fire them.

No serious story to tell again. Season 2 struggled. If they make the girl the new dark Lord, what next?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2023
Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters S01 (2023) = 5.6/10

You can tell it'll be 🚮 wack from just 2 episodes.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2023
🎥 The Creator (2023) = 6/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2023
🎥 Triple 9 (2016) = 6.4/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:43am On Nov 19, 2023
🎥 Arrival (2016) = 6/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 11:21am On Nov 19, 2023
Monarch: Legacy of monsters.
Good shit!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Lana1:
Monarch: Legacy of monsters.
Good shit!!

Another person say na rubbish grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kushercain: 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
The Extraordinary Attorney Woo

I give it to South Korea. This is an awesome series

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
8 / 10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
kushercain:
The Extraordinary Attorney Woo

I give it to South Korea. This is an awesome series

This was okay.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kennedy97:

Another person say na rubbish grin
Na that person's business be that o. Good thing we dont care about their opinion
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashawoman82: 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
CrystalTiger:
POWER -Book IV Force - 8/10

Proper development of characters and storyline very evident unlike the Waste Of Time (W.O.T)..
hope it's not the wheel of time u are tagging , WOT I'd literally among the top 5 shows for this year so rest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ashawoman82: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chibudollar:
I have seen this poster a million times and I am just realizing that the red part is Tommy grin
😁..same
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
3 hours podcast discussing the Attack on Titan finale, it's themes, messages, takeaways, author's mindset, fans mindset etc...

One thing they mentioned is how it seems like a lot of people who hated the ending have this immature way of thinking...
About how these people self-insert themselves into characters...and how they failed to understand the author's story, intention and messages

It's the only reason why they got angry because the war and conflict did not end...

Just like how the people who idiolize Floch and call him "King Floch" do not even understand the essence of his character.

Instead of understanding the characters or the author's messages, they create their own wrong view or interpretation of it and get angry when their headcanon is not confirmed...

You can clearly see this in the so-called fan ending where these "fans" create their own "Alpha male edgy" version of characters, while completely ignoring everything the characters stood for throughout the series...

Why I hate Titanfolk and will continue to see them as a bunch of immature kids who did not understand the themes or story they claimed they were once fans of...

https://www.youtube.com/live/c5skjdzevgY?si=gOTI7Dg2VFcV3E8w
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

So far, so good, it hasn't light up the place with the first two episodes but it is building quite nicely.

The only issue or should I say plot hole I have observed and it doesn't seat right with me is how they found Cate Randa first? The 'IT personnel ' who got the alert said that the location was the general Tokyo area. If they got May first, I'd understand but Cate? Like why? E nor follow.

7/10.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2023
Achilles100:
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

So far, so good, it hasn't light up the place with the first two episodes but it is building quite nicely.

The only issue or should I say plot hole I have observed and it doesn't seat right with me is how they found Cate Randa first? The 'IT personnel ' who got the alert said that the location was the general Tokyo area. If they got May first, I'd understand but Cate? Like why? E nor follow.

7/10.

Secondly, a lieutenant in the 1940s still look dangerous and ready for battle in present time. Abeg how do we explain it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2023
zoroby:

Secondly, a lieutenant in the 1940s still look dangerous and ready for battle in present time. Abeg how do we explain it

grin grin grin

You underestimate what the good ol' American vet can do.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2023
zoroby:

So I went searching for this on reddit, they said it will be explained later in the show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
Scavenger's Reign

Very very beautiful animation, the graphics were so wonderful and amazing, but the characters suffered untold horrors, worse of all, Sam(nigga saw hell). The animation had shades of black mirror and will seat very well as an episode of Love, Death and Robots.

The last stand between Levi and that creature was a thing of beauty.

I love it.

8/10.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2023
Achilles100:

So I went searching for this on reddit, they said it will be explained later in the show.

The in-house critics failed to see that. Damage control I guess

(1) (2) (3) ... (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.