Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:25 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3570737 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (2832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mkmyers45(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2017
Afam4eva:

I have it but haven't started watching it. What drew me was the fact that it was produced by Netflix. How are you enjoying it so far?

Watch it now while its hot.....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mkmyers45(m): 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2017
Freciprocal:

She made us believe she was special (Was she?). Every subsequent episode became better than the last.... Not until the last episode.

The movement ish made sense cos that was the only way they could leave their cell (She knew this when she attempted to escape). Both had to code the moves o their back so as not to forget it. The 5th move was the ultimate, u could transport urself to any dimension.

Inspiration comes from when homer keeps trying to remember what he learnt from the other side and yet fails for years.

Episode 8 is very symbolic (just like the last episode of Westworld) It answers so many questions and leaves u with many questions.

I partially agree with the bolded.....If you remember she told the FBI guy that her re-occuring dream was in a place with high glass and the sound of cutlery....Also they was a bit about a mass shooter on the loose

My issue with it is that the execution was just darn stupid....My reaction at the last scene was initially a sarcastic clap followed by a WTF
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mkmyers45(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
CassieV:

That show is confusing..

It was written to be so......
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mkmyers45(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
cao:
The OA.

mkmyers45, finally watching it.

Do you think the whole story is BS?

How many POV do you think is telling the story?

What do you think of her last words and her dazed state at the very end?

I think the ending of episode 5 is one of the best scenes of 2016.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
mkmyers45:

Do you think the whole story is BS?

How many POV do you think is telling the story?

What do you think of her last words and her dazed state at the very end?

I think the ending of episode 5 is one of the best scenes of 2016.
POV storywise is clearly from OA, when she's telling the story, but it makes you wonder how she knows certain POVs (eg Hap & his colleague's story), which of course makes you wonder if she's making it up, which does help in making the viewer doubt themselves. There are times it felt like proper BS - the writers trying to tell us a story, but using style/weirdness over substance. Some of the boys could have been more developed (eg the stoner). But, those final 10 minutes of episode 8 can make you feel like you just wasted your time.

Before anyone starts, I'm a fan of slow paced shows and even a bigger fan of weird sci-fi, in fact the only slow paced show of recent that I've hated was London Spy - I was bored off my tits and my body refused to pay attention. Anywho, like I've said a few times, episode 8 doesn't have a true payoff. I was actually quite annoyed when it was obvious I'd have to wait for season 2 for the payoff, now I understand why the ratings are less than 2.5 on Netflix. All in all, The OA is well acted, well produced, but it could have told a better story.

Sidebar: I've been calling Steve - Delinquent Douche, in fact I've been referring to him as that exclusively.
Sidebar 2: For anyone who's been on the fence with Travelers. I've enjoyed it so far, the only reason I haven't finished it - I've been reading ebooks and been distracted by my endless rewatch of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. B99 is my go to sleep material, which doesn't always lead to actual sleep. Seriously, every time I finish, I immediately start it again. Without fail.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sweettease(f): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
KealDrogo:

It must be penny terrible then, since you're not going back to watch it. Can you recommend any other interesting series¿ thanks for the review.
My personal favorite is How to Get Away With Murder
My favorite for comedy series is Blackish closely followed by Fresh off the boat
If you like Marvel/DC comics, you'll like The Flash
If you like spooky/horror, you'll like Salem
If you like FBI/CIA things, Blindspot or The Blacklist
For Epic Drama, Vikings is there
For Sci fi, I heard the 100 is cool but I've not seen it personally, it's on my list, I haven't completed Westworld so I can't give a full review but it seems cool
Those are the ones I can recall now

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xynerise: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:

My favorite for comedy series is Blackish closely followed by Fresh off the boat
For Sci fi, I heard the 100 is cool but I've not seen it personally, it's on my list, I haven't completed Westworld so I can't give a full review but it seems cool

Have you seen The Exorcist?

Give me any demon possess movies and I will make you my best friend grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KealDrogo: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:

Thanks so much, check them out one after the other.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by coolestchris(m): 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Since u love blackish ,i love u
sweettease:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hyzicbond(m): 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
bykebyke:
R.I.P to main man Johnnie Cochran. grin

Turned Marcia Clarke to a walking L for Life. grin

His strategy was spot on, he played the race card to the fullest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sweettease(f): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
xynerise:

Have you seen The Exorcist?

Give me any demon possess movies and I will make you my best friend grin grin
If you like demon, spooky, witch series then watch Salem, that series is just something else... It's better experienced than said
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xynerise: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2017
sweettease:
If you like demon, spooky, witch series then watch Salem, that series is just something else... It's better experienced than said

Where can I download?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by purplekayc(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=xynerise post=52669704]

Where can I download?[/quotehttps://proxyportal.org/extratorrent
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by purplekayc(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
cao:

It did not make any sense in the cafeteria incident, yes it looked cool and interesting in the scene and it was a proper WTF moment for the guy. I never had an issue with the movements, my issue was its use in the cafeteria and how it proved useless in the situation they were in.

In the ending scene with the white walls, it's taken from the exact scene in episode two, I think, when she explains to the five why she disappeared. It's from her dream, where she can see her papa holding 21 candles. I didn't catch it the first time, but when I re-watched the series I noticed it. The walls are the same, her hair is the same, everything. I believe that she made it to the other dimension, but not the one with Homer, the one where her father was waiting for her.

And, since in order to get to that other dimension, she had to make a sacrifice. Like when she got her sight back, she had to give up her papa. She eventually got to him, but not after awhile. I'm typing this because I think she'll never make it back to the 5 (the ones in the school) because the ambulance was a portal, and she gave up the 5 in order to travel. Khatun said that once she learned sacrifice, the seed or 'bird' that she ate would show her the way. She already did sacrifice by giving up her papa, and she got her sight. Let's say she gave up the 5 and traveled through the dimension.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by xynerise: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
mkmyers45:

I partially agree with the bolded.....If you remember she told the FBI guy that her re-occuring dream was in a place with high glass and the sound of cutlery....Also they was a bit about a mass shooter on the loose

She was describing the last scene.... she's talking to the FBI guy about her dream where its a place with a lot of window and high roofs, also sometime else in the show when she says she heard something like the clinging of silverware, all that represents the cafeteria, and also the five cracks in the window show that the movements worked, and they all became one to send OA away to homer, and when Steve is looking at the ambulance and he looks up, you hear the whoosh sound hap was talking about in the beginning of the show, there is a lot to it, more than many people think

mkmyers45:
My issue with it is that the execution was just darn stupid....My reaction at the last scene was initially a sarcastic clap followed by a WTF

@ Bolded should be replaced by WOW!!!... Some believe Dr Hap took down the shooter (Watch it again cheesy)

if anything, its a sign of their spiritual connection and more coincidental magic. they all work up that day, the day that matters unbeknownst to them, and all wore the same color. thats their connection creating a "coincidence". Just like if her stories of magic werent actually true, they created Real Life Magic in the form of bringing them together in the right place for the right thing at the right time
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Freciprocal:

In the ending scene with the white walls, it's taken from the exact scene in episode two, I think, when she explains to the five why she disappeared. It's from her dream, where she can see her papa holding 21 candles. I didn't catch it the first time, but when I re-watched the series I noticed it. The walls are the same, her hair is the same, everything. I believe that she made it to the other dimension, but not the one with Homer, the one where her father was waiting for her.

And, since in order to get to that other dimension, she had to make a sacrifice. Like when she got her sight back, she had to give up her papa. She eventually got to him, but not after awhile. I'm typing this because I think she'll never make it back to the 5 (the ones in the school) because the ambulance was a portal, and she gave up the 5 in order to travel. Khatun said that once she learned sacrifice, the seed or 'bird' that she ate would show her the way. She already did sacrifice by giving up her papa, and she got her sight. Let's say she gave up the 5 and traveled through the dimension.

And yet again, you've clearly missed the point I've been trying to make. The 5 did the movements against the gunman (since it looks like I can't keep being vague about it), they had no clue about OA being there, until after the fact. So, it didn't really make any sense why they did it in the first place. Now, you could say they tried to save the students, but as we saw that didn't actually happen. Instead we get a "portal" for OA. At least, it distracted the gunman. The gunman angle came from nowhere, the only time a gunman was ever mentioned was on the radio during BBA's senior chin fat moment (like I mentioned earlier). If that's the same gunman, what the heck was his motive? If it's a student from the school, we never saw that student's motive?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
Currently Watching Insecure cheesy

"Realest" series yet (Respect to Atlanta)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
cao:

And yet again, you've clearly missed the point I've been trying to make. The 5 did the movements against the gunman (since it looks like I can't keep being vague about it),

False... they did it Cos they were scared of death

cao:
they had no clue about OA being there, until after the fact. So, it didn't really make any sense why they did it in the first place

BBA Said "My Boys!.... They were in total unison... Heavily Bonded!!! cool

cao:
Now, you could say they tried to save the students, but as we saw that didn't actually happen. Instead we get a "portal" for OA. At least, it distracted the gunman.

They could easily have wanted to send the gunman to another Dimension tongue

cao:
The gunman angle came from nowhere, the only time a gunman was ever mentioned was on the radio during BBA's senior chin fat moment (like I mentioned earlier). If that's the same gunman, what the heck was his motive? If it's a student from the school, we never saw that student's motive?

I would go rewatch this and get back to u... I clearly missed this part angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mizzyapreel: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
so no one here is seeing BEYOND or have seen it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
mkmyers45:

I see I'm not the only one that remembers this, I tend to watch my shows with the subtitles enabled - it's amazing the things you can miss. I did have a similar reaction with cafeteria and the final scene, I've already mentioned my exact reaction earlier.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
cao:
The gunman angle came from nowhere, the only time a gunman was ever mentioned was on the radio during BBA's senior chin fat moment (like I mentioned earlier). If that's the same gunman, what the heck was his motive? If it's a student from the school, we never saw that student's motive?

There's a chance that the shooter was the student that Steve attacked early in the series smiley

Another possibility is that the shooter was someone who has a connection to Prairie's past — either in Russia or with Hap — and sought to hurt her friends wink

Yet another possibility is that the shooter has a connection to the FBI, as there are many theories that Prairie's FBI therapist was involved in some kind of cover-up of Hap's experiments. grin

There are no clear answers to this question, but if this mystery was intentionally left unresolved, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a theme in future seasons of The OA

(Expert reviews)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
Freciprocal:

There's a chance that the shooter was the student that Steve attacked early in the series smiley

Another possibility is that the shooter was someone who has a connection to Prairie's past — either in Russia or with Hap — and sought to hurt her friends wink

Yet another possibility is that the shooter has a connection to the FBI, as there are many theories that Prairie's FBI therapist was involved in some kind of cover-up of Hap's experiments. grin

There are no clear answers to this question, but if this mystery was intentionally left unresolved, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a theme in future seasons of The OA

(Expert reviews)

If it was the singing student he was jealous of, that's a gross overreaction. The shooter being FBI is hella silly, the other views are also silly, they could have simply taken OA & her friends out quite easily. Plus, the therapist only knew about her friends after the other shooting incident. From the story alone, it's implied that it's related to the unknown gunman story. As we all know scripts aren't supposed to supply a plot point without using it. Of course, we've seen enough films with enough plot holes and unused plot points.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Freciprocal:
Currently Watching Insecure cheesy

"Realest" series yet (Respect to Atlanta)

@Elpariso
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
cao:

If it was the singing student he was jealous of, that's a gross overreaction. The shooter being FBI is hella silly, the other views are also silly, they could have simply taken OA & her friends out quite easily. Plus, the therapist only knew about her friends after the other shooting incident. From the story alone, it's implied that it's related to the unknown gunman story. As we all know scripts aren't supposed to supply a plot point without using it. Of course, we've seen enough films with enough plot holes and unused plot points.

All are mysteries and just me trying to justify the radio thingy... I just hope season 2 would shed more light on it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Freciprocal:

All are mysteries and just me trying to justify the radio thingy... I just hope season 2 would shed more light on it
I just came across this comment which got me laughing.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Freciprocal: 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2017
cao:

I just came across this comment which got me laughing.

"Magic Mushrooms"... more like weed and crystal Meth grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 10, 2017
Scream Queens.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KINGOFJAPAN: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2017
ak33n:
dont even try it.. it's very boring.. i downloaded the 3 seasons 3 months ago.. thought it'd be interesting.. i watched only 5 episodes and i deleted it..

it's really boring..
one of the worst series actually
Penny dreadful boring? ok na.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2017
Taboo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (2832) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Lakesman445(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.