Stats: 3,165,245 members, 7,860,561 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3584545 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2836) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2014
dmz: i

Lol.. Dissolving bodies in acid is no where near dark at all. But I wouldn't want to experience it so let me keep mute.

RayMcBlue what other shows would you recommend?

Since you're into shows with dark atmosphere, try these ones on for size:

-Dexter
-Hunted
-The Last Ship
-The White Queen
-The Strain
-The Bridge (US)
-Strike Back
-American Horror Story
-Black Mirror
-Penny Dreadful
-The Good Wife

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2014
What do you guys mean by dark? Horrifying?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Afam4eva: What do you guys mean by dark? Horrifying?

Yeah, something like that. A mood or general feel of a TV show plagued by tragedy, unhappiness, or unpleasantness.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Sep 02, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Yeah, something like that. A mood or general feel of a TV show plagued by tragedy, unhappiness, or unpleasantness.
Ohh ok. When i saw "Breaking Bad" and "Dark" in the same sentence, i really wanted to know what you guys meant. Now, i understand.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:35am On Sep 02, 2014
Afam4eva:
Ohh ok. When i saw "Breaking Bad" and "Dark" in the same sentence, i really wanted to know what you guys meant. Now, i understand.

Fantastic. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Sep 02, 2014
Does anyone know any tv series in the mold of "Game of Thrones" or "TWD"?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Afam4eva: Does anyone know any tv series in the mold of "Game of Thrones" or "TWD"?

You could try Vikings
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Afam4eva: Does anyone know any tv series in the mold of "Game of Thrones" or "TWD"?

GOT's closest relatives are as follows:
-Vikings
-The Highlander (New Show)
-Camelot
-The Tudors
-Rome
-Da Vinci's Demon
-Reign
-The White Queen

The Walking Dead:
-The Strain
-Revolution
-The Last ship
-Helix
-The 100
-Dominion
-Defiance
-Falling Skies
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 02, 2014
dmz: i

Lol.. Dissolving bodies in acid is no where near dark at all. But I wouldn't want to experience it so let me keep mute.

RayMcBlue what other shows would you recommend?

You missed it

Stay out of my territory and
I am the one who knocks are two of the most memorable quotes from the show. Pure hardcore Heisenberg.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Afam4eva: What do you guys mean by dark? Horrifying?

Breaking bad is about a timid choirboy type becoming a hardcore master criminal kingpin. With all the murder and mayhem such a journey would entail.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
"You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks."

Pure unadulterated Heisenberg. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
RayMcBlue's quote was a great line and an insight into what he had become, can't even recall oyb's quote. It made him out as a dangerous man, yes. One who could get u shot or make u disappear, in that sense for me is not a description of dark. RayMcBlue I'm sure you get what I'm driving at. Oh well.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
‘If that’s true, if you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course… would be to tread lightly.’

^^^This is my best quote.He was tired of facing Hank.Hank's facial expression when he said that was priceless grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Artorius(m): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
I'm a huge fan of got, can anyone recommend a series that's somewhat similar to got?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fourcade(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Artorius: I'm a huge fan of got, can anyone recommend a series that's somewhat similar to got?

RayMcBlue:
-Vikings
-Camelot
-The Tudors
-Rome
-Da Vinci's Demon
-Reign
-The White Queen

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
dmz: RayMcBlue's quote was a great line and an insight into what he had become, can't even recall oyb's quote. It made him out as a dangerous man, yes. One who could get u shot or make u disappear, in that sense for me is not a description of dark. RayMcBlue I'm sure you get what I'm driving at. Oh well.
"Many wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how" - Jane Austen.

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides.

undecided tongue
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by lepasharon(f): 2:59am On Sep 03, 2014
Who has seen American Horror Story? I was told it takes a different angle to horror, but sofar it's being a typical horror.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 5:58am On Sep 03, 2014
RayMcBlue:
"Many wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how" - Jane Austen.

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides.

undecided tongue

Lmao.. No worries bro. From that I didn't watch the show to calling me a fool just because our opinions differ. Lol. Classic.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2014
dmz:

Lmao.. No worries bro. From that I didn't watch the show to calling me a fool just because our opinions differ. Lol. Classic.

I never called you a fool. You reached that assumption all by your lonesome. Like a certain Sicilian proverb delicately puts it:

"A guilty man sees accusation everywhere"

Words to live by. #Peace
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2014
Quoters club
Like a certain NLander not so delicately puts it.. Find strength in your own words and not in others.. (if someone somewhere has said this before, pele for not quoting u).

Words to ignore.. #Udo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afam4eva(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2014
lepasharon: Who has seen American Horror Story? I was told it takes a different angle to horror, but sofar it's being a typical horror.
People just see things differently.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dmz(m): 8:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Afam4eva:
People just see things differently.

^^Words to live by.. #Respect.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 03, 2014
RayMcBlue:

-Vikings
-Camelot
-The Tudors
-Rome
-Da Vinci's Demon
-Reign
-The White Queen

The Walking Dead:
-The Strain
-Revolution
-The Last ship
-Helix
-The 100
-Dominion
-Defiance
-Falling Skies

Which one comes closest to got and the walking dead sir?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2014
I think BB is the best show on the planet as of this moment. Maybe later, another show will come and unseat it but the drama and intrigue in that show is absolutely top notch. Me likey :-)
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2014
koice:

Which one comes closest to got and the walking dead sir?

-GOT: Camelot. Has only a season, though. The rest are vaguely similar.
-TWD: Jericho. It's the closest relative to TWD. No zombies but the aura pretty same. The volatility of Human nature when all the chips are down at it's very worst.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2014
RayMcBlue:

-GOT: Camelot. Has only a season, though. The rest are vaguely similar.
-TWD: Jericho. It's the closest relative to TWD. No zombies but the aura pretty same. The volatility of Human nature when all the chips are down at it's very worst.

Thanks for the info. do you know where I can download both camelot and jericho? Thanks in advance.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2014
koice:

Thanks for the info. do you know where I can download both camelot and jericho? Thanks in advance.

Drop your email.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Drop your email.

Choice@gmail.com or Joice@hushmail.com. Thank you sir.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2014
koice:

Choice@gmail.com or Joice@hushmail.com. Thank you sir.

Check your inbox...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Check your inbox...

1 million thanks. Stay blessed sir. :-)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by RayMcBlue(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2014
koice:

1 million thanks. Stay blessed sir. :-)
Right back at ya. Take care. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2836) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: KiNg0G, ositadima1(m) and 3 guest(s)