Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3571205 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (2832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by encryptjay(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

I suggest you watch No Country for Old Men, that's on another entire level. Crazy movie...

You will enjoy the remaining seasons.
Aiit, I will check it out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
Androidking:

The Mentalist really??

Arrow is quiet an old series

Good old Patrick Jane. That guy is better than bbc sherlock ah swear. The guy can tell a lot about a person just by glancing at him. he's not psychic, just very observant is all. He has a bullshit meter in the sense that he can tell when a person is lying to him. he's a high functioning sociopath. he has contempt for authority and the rich. I could go on and on.

Red john took a fancy to him because of it's spectacular intelligence. yes, he triggered Red john by using him for cheap publicity in his past life as a con man, and he paid dearly for it as red john wiped out his entire family in the process, but red john kept him alive so as to clash/match wit with him as he's the only person in the series even remotely close to his (red john) intelligence.

I thoroughly enjoyed The mentalist. who would forget the pocket sized by the books agent lisbon. The blumbering agent risby. The smoking hot agent van pelt (risby's crush) and the deadpan agent Cho.

I agree that arrow is an old series and it used to be good but alas it's a shadow of it's former glory presently. that's what happens when networks don't know when to call it quits and cut their losses. nope. they'd rather continue milking that cow until it's nothing but an empty husk. the same things happened to Supernatural and grey's anatomy. once decent shows ruined by greedy executives and showrunners. Shonda rhimes, yes I mean you bit.ch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

I suggest you watch No Country for Old Men, that's on another entire level. Crazy movie...

You will enjoy the remaining seasons.
you mean that psycho that goes around killing people with an oxygen tank thingy?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bratking:

you mean that psycho that goes around killing people with an oxygen tank thingy?

My nigga!!! grin

That place he broke his arm and the bone stuck out. Dude just calmly forced the back in and wrapped it with a cloth letting out only a grunt.... That place left my mouth ajar.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shittaakeem(m): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
The Purnisher
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

My nigga!!! grin

That place he broke his arm and the bone stuck out. Dude just calmly forced the back in and wrapped it with a cloth letting out only a grunt.... That place left my mouth ajar.

lolol. that movie left quite an impression on me. even all the years I can still remember his nonchalant bored expression as he did away with his victims one after the other.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bratking:

lolol. that movie left quite an impression on me. even all the years I can still remember his nonchalant bored expression as he did away with his victims one after the other.

@emboldened grin grin

Movie of life man! Peeps like that I intend to meet for real and just have a discourse about their own perspective to life and humanity...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

@emboldened grin grin

Movie of life man! Peeps like that I intend to meet for real and just have a discourse about their own perspective to life and humanity...

mehn I'd rather not, unless he's in chains or an iron barrel separating us from each other. You can never be too careful. I 'd rather not end up as one of their victims if I can help it lol.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bratking:

mehn I'd rather not, unless he's in chains or a iron barrel separating us from each other. You can never be too careful. I 'd rather not end up as one of their victims if I can help it lol.

I will be perfectly normal around such peeps, so far we didn't cross path because am on his hit list. Most serial killers don't kill arbitrarily tho.

Except if you become too keen like that dude in the movie Mr Brooks...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
still on last ship.. S04 . it's breathtaking.

to watch list:

• Fargo
•The Brave
• Peaky Blinders

the problem is I don't know which one to start with.
suggestions please.

and I checked out peaky blinders.. I saw just 6 episodes for season1 .. is it incomplete?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
shugacoated:
still on last ship.. S04 . it's breathtaking.

to watch list:

• Fargo
•The Brave
• Peaky Blinders

the problem is I don't know which one to start with.
suggestions please.

and I checked out peaky blinders.. I saw just 6 episodes for season1 .. is it incomplete?

It is complete but start with Fargo first..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

thanks bro..
any idea on Shannara Chronicles?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
shugacoated:

thanks bro..

any idea on Shannara Chronicles?

Nope..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

I will be perfectly normal around such peeps, so far we didn't cross path because am on his hit list. Most serial killers don't kill arbitrarily tho.

Except if you become too keen like that dude in the movie Mr Brooks...

Yes some of the most successful serial killers are very organized. they stalk their prey, sometimes even groom them before killing them. then there are others that kill based on opportunity. completely random. you might look at them wrong, not laugh at their lewd jokes, walking home alone in a deserted path, giving them a lift in your car.... that's as arbitrary as it gets my friend.

And one more thing. this kind of people have a way of drawing you in, manipulate you. put thoughts in your head and within a short time, you might actually start empathizing with their actions. there are 2 ways of killing someone: either psychologically/mentally or physically. They may not harm you physically but unless you're strong mentally, you're not safe talking with such people.

watch silence of the lambs to get a better perspective of what I'm on about.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bratking:

Yes some of the most successful serial killers are very organized. they stalk their prey, sometimes even groom them before killing them. then there are others that kill based on opportunity. completely random. you might look at them wrong, not laugh at their lewd jokes, walking home alone in a deserted path, giving them a lift in your car.... that's as arbitrary as it gets my friend.

And one more thing. this kind of people have a way of drawing you in, manipulate you. put thoughts in your head and within a short time, you might actually start empathizing with their actions. there are 2 ways of killing someone: either psychologically/mentally or physically. They may not harm you physically but unless you're strong mentally, you're not safe talking with such people.

watch silence of the lambs to get a better perspective of what I'm on about.

I really need to watch this movie tho, gone on for too long. May have not know it is the same movie sef.

Yeah solid point you made there except that clause "except you are mentally strong"... Guess one will just have to find out.

Btw, watched Mindhunter?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

I really need to watch this movie tho, gone on for too long. May have not know it is the same movie sef.

Yeah solid point you made there except that clause "except you are mentally strong"... Guess one will just have to find out.

Btw, watched Mindhunter?

you know the funny thing? I was thinking of mindhunter as I was composing that earlier. another case in point. Holden got too close.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jmanity: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
Now watching how I met your mother season 7. I don't like Marshal's character sometimes especially how he goes with everything the wife wants like a puppet.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bratking:

you know the funny thing? I was thinking of mindhunter as I was composing that earlier. another case in point. Holden got too close.

Speaking of that dude in the movie was a contract killer not a serial killer.

Holden was dumb jor, shouldn't have gone at the hospital, he should have gone when he returns to prison that would have played down all that drama he did to get his attention.

Plus he should have returned notes for those letters even if it's two sentences with some puzzling statements to make him feel like a genius.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SerVik(m): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2017
Androidking:
Just finished two and half men . they ending is so poor . worst ending ever . nice series though i t was a long 12 seasons of laugher .

Na to search for another one .

Sharana Chronicle keeps getting better and better and better
Still in season 3. Dont think my ribs can survive 12 seasons
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
SerVik:

Still in season 3. Dont think my ribs can survive, 12 seasons

The series died when Charlie Sheen left and that was where I stopped too. It was one of the comedy series I thoroughly enjoyed.

Cc androidking
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SerVik(m): 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

The series died when Charlie Sheen left and that was where I stopped too. It was one of the comedy series I thoroughly enjoyed.

Cc androidking
I'm not too emotionally attached to characters though, but If and when it gets boring, I wouldn't break a sweat leaving.

BTW Can you suggest any other good sitcom?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
SerVik:

I'm not too emotionally attached to characters though, but If and when it gets boring, I wouldn't break a sweat leaving.

BTW Can you suggest any other good sitcom?

I don't either but I checked the ratings and I didn't bother to buy back then I still dey buy disc no data to download movies.

You may try Casual, the only one that came sort of close but more serious...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GeniusDavid(m): 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
loshybab:
what series is that if I may ask pls?
The Brave.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

Start with Fargo?
guyyyyy why naaaa
You can't compare Fargo to peaky blinders na shuoo
Fargo made me sleep anyhow
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JulietteO(f): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
Bratking:

Good old Patrick Jane. That guy is better than bbc sherlock ah swear. The guy can tell a lot about a person just by glancing at him. he's not psychic, just very observant is all. He has a bullshit meter in the sense that he can tell when a person is lying to him. he's a high functioning sociopath. he has contempt for authority and the rich. I could go on and on.

Red john took a fancy to him because of it's spectacular intelligence. yes, he triggered Red john by using him for cheap publicity in his past life as a con man, and he paid dearly for it as red john wiped out his entire family in the process, but red john kept him alive so as to clash/match wit with him as he's the only person in the series even remotely close to his (red john) intelligence.

I thoroughly enjoyed The mentalist. who would forget the pocket sized by the books agent lisbon. The blumbering agent risby. The smoking hot agent van pelt (risby's crush) and the deadpan agent Cho.

I agree that arrow is an old series and it used to be good but alas it's a shadow of it's former glory presently. that's what happens when networks don't know when to call it quits and cut their losses. nope. they'd rather continue milking that cow until it's nothing but an empty husk. the same things happened to Supernatural and grey's anatomy. once decent shows ruined by greedy executives and showrunners. Shonda rhimes, yes I mean you bit.ch.

I thought I was the only one complaining about Shonda. She just doesn't know when to call it quits! I stopped Grey's Anatomy at S08 and I couldn't continue. She keeps dragging the story. If HTGAWM exceeds five seasons, I'd stop
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by isaiah9(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2017
SAMBHOSS:

that's it oh..I no dy ff d series...but I saw it....its d finale
cry cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
introvertme:

Start with Fargo?

guyyyyy why naaaa

You can't compare Fargo to peaky blinders na shuoo

Fargo made me sleep anyhow

For me Fargo had more suspense and the dialogues were on point not just the action. It's not that fast paced or all the action, shooting everywhere.

Peaky Blinders too is nice but for all my interest in that series,my best scene is that place with Alfie Solomons and Tommy Shelby.

I hope they out do it this current season..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blackfyre:

For me Fargo had more suspense and the dialogues were on point not just the action. It's not that fast paced or all the action, shooting everywhere.

Peaky Blinders too is nice but for all my interest in that series,my best scene is that place with Alfie Solomons and Tommy Shelby.

I hope they out do it this current season..

You're a dialogue person.

I really tried watching Fargo,it just didn't work for me the show is toooo sluggish.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
introvertme:

You're a dialogue person.

I really tried watching Fargo,it just didn't work for me the show is toooo sluggish.

The dialogue is it for me, punchlines, witty jabs, all that engages me more.

But it usually gets all bloodlust towards the end tho, murder everywhere..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2017
Was not really expecting any series that has anything to do with batman to be interesting but Gotham is surely the exception.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stanleywaxy(m): 12:59am On Nov 18, 2017
cool cool cool

Still on the S1 of THE LAST SHIP and I have to confess that it's worth the watch .
Amazing series.

Was surprised to see the NIGERIAN flag on their ship in one of the episodes too .

Naija to the world . grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 18, 2017
Stanleywaxy:
cool cool cool

Still on the S1 of THE LAST SHIP and I have to confess that it's worth the watch .
Amazing series.

Was surprised to see the NIGERIAN flag on their ship in one of the episodes too .

Naija to the world . grin
wow, didn't notice.. you've got a longggg way to go.. season3 is the best for me..

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (2832) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Obedinho130 and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58