Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body (30894 Views)

Coconut Oil Is Poisonous, Here's Why / The Making Of Poisonous Fufu / Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Many times I keep telling people that, eating Garri does more harm to us than good but nearly everyone that hear me say this, get furious with me.

Since child-hood I have had nothing but trouble eating this yellow stuff (Garri).
I normally eat rice from january to december, when I feel the urge to eat soup and garri, just eating it twice gives me health issues.

In 2018, I became worried and I went to see some (medic) practionals and told them about the effect of garri on me, to them I was talking nonsense because they themselves cannot do without eating garri.

I was in a place full of working men when I told them that Garri is poisonous to our body, these guys almost eat me raw. I had a fierce argument with them 1 me vs 7 men because I was trying to let them know that cassava root is very poisonous and harmful to our body.

The garri was constantly making me to have
・Migraine (headache)
・Sour mouth; lips and tongue
・Stomach pain
・Fast heartbeat
・Itchness / scatching
・Body weakness, it makes me very weak. I must constantly lay down.
・Dizzyness, I will not be able to stand for long

The heavy sugar in garri started giving me diabetic symptoms.

・Weight loss (Fatigue)
・Blurr Vision
・Peeing / Urinating every 30 mins.
・Eye Pains / burning; I will not be able to look at the sun or be inside the sun because of eye pain/burning.

The first time I eat akpu in 2002, I nearly died. Akpu is extremely worse

Is anyone experience this?

I love our soup but the garri is poisonous to my body, what can one use to replace garri?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
anything cassava = diabetes. oh.... FTC. I dedicate this to all the victims of this useless government, better days are coming.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:
Many times I keep telling people that, eating Garri does more harm to us than good but nearly everyone that hear me say this, get furious with me.

Since child-hood I have had nothing but trouble eating this yellow stuff (Garri).
I normally eat rice from january to december, when I feel the urge to eat soup and garri, just eating it twice gives me health issues.

In 2018, I became worried and I went to see some (medic) practionals and told them about the effect of garri on me, to them I was talking nonsense because they themselves cannot do without eating garri.

I was in a place full of working men when I told them that Garri is poisonous to our body, these guys almost eat me raw. I had a fierce argument with them 1 me vs 7 men because I was trying to let them know that cassava root is very poisonous and harmful to our body.

・Migraine (headache)
・Stomach pain
・Fast heartbeat
・Itchness / scatching

・Weight loss (Fatigue)
・Blurr Vision
・Eye Pains / burning; I will not be able to look at the sun or be inside the sun because of eye pain/burning.

I love our soup but the garri is poisonous to my body, what can one use to replace garri?

Lies from the pit of hell
Rice and yam is equal to white sugar and is d poison not garri
As u know, moderation is important in all things ...u can consult me for a food timetable that will help u enjoy balanced diet..if u don't have money for timetable simply eat eba once a week, rice once a week, and soups like egusi&ogbono plus Banga soup once a month
Other foods u can enjoy in excess is
Calabar soups
Ekpan kukwo
Unripe plantain and goat meat peppersoup
Oiless okra
Yoruba tomato stew
Efo riro
Oat eba
Plantain eba
Moimoi
Salads
Etc

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

・Migraine (headache)
・Stomach pain
・Fast heartbeat
・Itchness / scatching

・Weight loss (Fatigue)
・Blurr Vision

Great example of one man food is another man poison.
Maybe e kill you for your former life.
I have a friend that don't eat plantain.
Once she eat it then the next thing with be straight to hospital, since then she no they try am again.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bodmum:
anything cassava = diabetes.

You are very correct.

I love our soup but I can no longer eat garri. I don't want more problems.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2021
The last time I ate this yellow stuff, I almost passed out (died)

I was still having some large amount of garri at home, I asked myself, should I throw it away or just use it?

I thought I should just eat little from it which I did. Within an hour, I started having fast heart beat and body weakness.

That very evening, I told myself, just eat a little more which I did once more. That very evening, I went to the filing station, my heart beat sky rock and I instantly loss all strength and collapse as I was unable to stand.

The garri poison my body to the point where I collapse, people rushed to the scene, saying they should take me to the hospital. I puke (vormit) so much.

After vormitting every stuff out of me, I was able to gain some strength that enable me to stand.

When I told them I was fine and that is was the garri I ate that caused me to collapse, they didn't believe me.

Even last year, one of my niece collapse because of eating garri

Click link below to see more untold truth about garri.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/dangers-of-cyanide-in-garri/
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

Lies from the pit of hell
Rice and yam is equal to white sugar and is d poison not garri
As u know, moderation is important in all things ...u can consult me for a food timetable that will help u enjoy balanced diet..if u don't have money for timetable simply eat eba once a week, rice once a week, and soups like egusi&ogbono plus Banga soup once a month
Other foods u can enjoy in excess is
Calabar soups
Ekpan kukwo
Unripe plantain and goat meat peppersoup
Oiless okra
Yoruba tomato stew
Efo riro
Oat eba
Plantain eba
Moimoi
Salads
Etc

Did I complain about soup? I see that, your ignorance is heavy.

I am talking about what the deadly cyanide do to my body, you are giving me list of soup. I guess you are inside my body, to tell me what is good for me or not.

22 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Healths(f): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

Did I complain aboit soup? I see that, your ignorance is heavy.

I am talkibg about what the deadly cyanide do to my body, you are giving me list of soup. I guess you are inside my body, to tell me what is good for me or not.
am sorry boss, grin grin grin grin grin I just don't want people to feel eating eba is bad cos it's not..there is fibre in it .taking it with milk and nuts is best but. Shld not be taken everyday

13 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by hybrid11(m): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
I know a guy who don't eat anything sea food
Even if u use crayfish cook for him,he will sick for days , fish is d worst ...
Your problem is from your body , avoid that food that disturbs you

GOD I Thank you for giving us the body which cannot reject our food/anything in short

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
am sorry boss, grin grin grin grin grin I just don't want people to feel eating eba is bad cos it's not..there is fibre in it .taking it with milk and nuts is best but. Shld not be taken everyday

My body cannot stand the cyanide inside the Cassava root (garri)

I love our soup but I am looking for what to used to replace garri

I don't like pounded yam.
Tuwo is impossible for me
Akpu is the evil brother of garri
Starch is impposicant

Which one is semo-lina?

Have you tried amala? how is the taste look like ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
hybrid11:
I know a guy who don't eat anything sea food
Even if u use crayfish cook for him,he will sick for days , fish is d worst ...
Your problem is from your body , avoid that food that disturbs you

GOD I Thank you for giving us the body which cannot reject our food/anything in short

My body cannot stand the garri.

Many times I admire other guys, why their body can stand the cyanide in garri.

2 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by hybrid11(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

My body cannot stand the garri.

Many times I admire other guys, why their body can stand the cyanide in garri.
as I said earlier, we are built differently

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
You should stop eating it then. I'm not sure what you could use as a replacement, though.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by mariahAngel(f): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Try replacing garri with oatmeal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Ishilove: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

Did I complain about soup? I see that, your ignorance is heavy.

I am talking about what the deadly cyanide do to my body, you are giving me list of soup. I guess you are inside my body, to tell me what is good for me or not.
Stop exaggerating. The cyanide in gari is not enough to poison a human being.

You could try wheat. It is light and tastes good

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
mariahAngel:
Try replacing garri with oatmeal.

Oh I can make it thick like garri?

I am evening thinking to be drinking the soup like that, without using garri.

2 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
You should stop eating it then. I'm not sure what you could use as a replacement, though.

Yes I have stop it for many years in the past and I will forever

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by NairaMaster1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
Garri has been of help to many since 1960. Stop this hate speech.

40 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Could it be that you're allergic to garri? If your system doesn't accept it, then stop. There are thousands of others delicacies aside garri. So, you wouldn't miss a thing! Your health first!

15 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by money121(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by arthurwillia(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
No one can’t separate me and garri sha

8 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by ridwan006(m): 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Garri is a sign of poverty. It's common in the south cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
God bless Our Darling Garri....

Saving lives since 1960....

Say no more.............

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Gbull(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Chai
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by The5DME(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
You mean the same garri I've been eating all my life? The same garri I just ate not too long ago? Oga you get kidney related disease abeg, no be garri dey cause your problem. Go do a proper check-up in a standard hospital, not a pharmacy store.

25 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Sonnobax15(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
grin
Pure rubbish..

The only thing that's poisonous to my body is when I'm deprived of garri......I can't just imagine myself not eating garri for a day lipsrsealed

How person wor tay get sense na when he no dey swallow eba?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by DoggoneDogg: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Fumigate your body.
Garri is innocent here.

10 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Holadokun(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nothing is more poisonous than Buhari Administration

6 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by MARKone(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bodmum:
anything cassava = diabetes.

Dokita grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. / Combating Halitosis / Most Common Reasons For Missed Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.