Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 (88184 Views)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021 / Wolves Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) on August 29 2021 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea : UCL (4 - 1) On August 8 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Inteltower: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2021
Jazzman01:
[s][/s]

I can see you are an idiot with the way you are throwing insults all around. It simply shows your brain is empty and cannot argue intellectually.

Why argue intellectually with an idiot like u with the rubbish you wrote there.

No I should accept that trash that Chelsea plays defensive under all the coaches that coached there. That's what an idiot says

Olodo
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Jazzman01: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
[s]
Inteltower:

Why argue intellectually with an idiot like u with the rubbish you wrote there.

No I should accept that trash that Chelsea plays defensive under all the coaches that coached there. That's what an idiot says

Olodo
[/s]

You are a slowpoke. So it took you 2days before your empty brain can process this silly and incoherent response Fóólish boy.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Let me educate you.

Any body can deep and throw several players in the box 18 to protect the goal. It is a very easy but tiring way to defend. Chelsea play with a back 3, with 2 wing backs and 2 holding midfielders. That's 7 players defending. A very typical way to defend.

70% of the time, Chelsea's defenders were in the box 18. Liverpool couldn't score not because Chelsea were super good, but because there was no space. A low block is used to close space.

Now do you know what is actually very difficult defending?

Defending with a very high defensive line.

80% of the time, van dijk and matip were outside the box 18. Infact, they spent most of the first half close to the midfield area. Arnold spent most of the time in the opposition half.

Liverpool played with a back 2, who pushed up high, with support from only fabinho and concerned just one goal

Chelsea defended with 7 players and conceded a goal and scored a fluke goal.

Sitting deep to block the goalpost is simple. Defending counter attacks is very difficult.

Tell me again, who defended well?

You are saying this because one of Chelsea's issues is the decision in the final third. Chelsea had three good chances to go 3-4 nil up, but they squandered them. If Liverpool had defended well, then how did Chelsea create those chances?

Liverpool would have been hammered heavily if Manchester City were in Chelsea's position. Chelsea don't score too many goals, not because they don't create chances, but because they don't take those chances. So it wasn't about Liverpool defending well. They were more possessive of the ball, and everyone expected that, but they didn't have any clear cut chance as opposed to Chelsea's 4 before the penalty incident.

It seems you misunderstand the role of a wing back. Their basic role is to provide width in the midfield, thus assisting the attack. They also have to track back when they are being attacked. So Chelsea plays with 3 full backs and 2 holding midfielders which include Jorginho and Kante in most cases, with the latter going forward more often. Which means there's a lot of space in the midfield when we attack, leaving the back vulnerable. So it's not so easy to attack massively and then rush back to defend when being attacked.

Chelsea didn't concede a goal from open play, and it didn't come when the team was complete. So Liverpool's goal wasn't a direct result of bad defending, it was from a spot kick. You call Havertz's goal a fluke goal? Now that's interesting. How was that a fluke?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by MrColdsweat: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

You are saying this because one of Chelsea's issues is the decision in the final third. Chelsea had three good chances to go 3-4 nil up, but they squandered them. If Liverpool had defended well, then how did Chelsea create those chances?

Liverpool would have been hammered heavily if Manchester City were in Chelsea's position. Chelsea don't score too many goals, not because they don't create chances, but because they don't take those chances. So it wasn't about Liverpool defending well. They were more possessive of the ball, and everyone expected that, but they didn't have any clear cut chance as opposed to Chelsea's 4 before the penalty incident.

It seems you misunderstand the role of a wing back. Their basic role is to provide width in the midfield, thus assisting the attack. They also have to track back when they are being attacked. So Chelsea plays with 3 full backs and 2 holding midfielders which include Jorginho and Kante in most cases, with the latter going forward more often. Which means there's a lot of space in the midfield when we attack, leaving the back vulnerable. So it's not so easy to attack massively and then rush back to defend when being attacked.

Chelsea didn't concede a goal from open play, and it didn't come when the team was complete. So Liverpool's goal wasn't a direct result of bad defending, it was from a spot kick. You call Havertz's goal a fluke goal? Now that's interesting. How was that a fluke?

Let me say it again.

It is far more difficult to defend with a very high line than defending deep.

When defending with a very high line, you have much space behind you to cover and you have little protection because you are in the attacking phase most of the time.

Despite being very high on the pitch, Liverpool had just van dijk, matip and fabinho to quell your attacking threats. And they did so very well.

Tell me, which is more difficult, to sit on front of your post to defend or to constantly defend against counter attacks?

Also, havertz goal was not scored from an open play. Any team can luckily score from a deadball situation. Not something you should be proud of.

As champions of Europe, I don't expect you to sit deep against your mates. Sitting deep is for the underdogs.

Come outside and play good football.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Let me say it again.

It is far more difficult to defend with a very high line than defending deep.

When defending with a very high line, you have much space behind you to cover and you have little protection because you are in the attacking phase most of the time.

Despite being very high on the pitch, Liverpool had just van dijk, matip and fabinho to quell your attacking threats. And they did so very well.

Tell me, which is more difficult, to sit on front of your post to defend or to constantly defend against counter attacks?

Also, havertz goal was not scored from an open play. Any team can luckily score from a deadball situation. Not something you should be proud of.

As champions of Europe, I don't expect you to sit deep against your mates. Sitting deep is for the underdogs.

Come outside and play good football.
Liverpool has one of the best and swiftest attacks around Europe. If you play a high line and don't equip your defence, they will punish you.

With that in mind, you wouldn't expect Chelsea to go all out against Liverpool. Like I said, they would punish any team who does that against them. Besides, Chelsea didn't sit that deep and rely on counter attacks. There were several occasions when they recovered the ball from the midfield, which means they were pressing high up the pitch too.

The high pressing forced some mistakes from the Liverpool players, and chances were created. Now that's football, it's not all about keeping possession and passing the ball around like Chelsea did under Sarri. That is why Tuchel is a master tactician. He read the game so well that his players knew when to defend and when to press up front.

You can't tell me Chelsea didn't play good football in that game, except you're just being biased. Liverpool were the better side but not much better, and Chelsea created the best chances before the red card.

Being champions of Europe doesn't mean the coach shouldn't be tactically smart against a side with such attacking threat.

Havertz's goal wasn't from open play, but it wasn't a fluke. It was from a corner kick which required some tussling. You can't compare that with a penalty kick which was a 50:50 chance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by MrColdsweat: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

Liverpool has one of the best and swiftest attacks around Europe. If you play a high line and don't equip your defence, they will punish you.

With that in mind, you wouldn't expect Chelsea to go all out against Liverpool. Like I said, they would punish any team who does that against them. Besides, Chelsea didn't sit that deep and rely on counter attacks. There were several occasions when they recovered the ball from the midfield, which means they were pressing high up the pitch too.

The high pressing forced some mistakes from the Liverpool players, and chances were created. Now that's football, it's not all about keeping possession and passing the ball around like Chelsea did under Sarri. That is why Tuchel is a master tactician. He read the game so well that his players knew when to defend and when to press up front.

You can't tell me Chelsea didn't play good football in that game, except you're just being biased. Liverpool were the better side but not much better, and Chelsea created the best chances before the red card.

Being champions of Europe doesn't mean the coach shouldn't be tactically smart against a side with such attacking threat.

Havertz's goal wasn't from open play, but it wasn't a fluke. It was from a corner kick which required some tussling. You can't compare that with a penalty kick which was a 50:50 chance.

A fluke is an accidental act. You can't tell me havertz accurately scored that goal without looking at the goalpost.

You are not being honest. Chelsea is known for sitting deep. Against Liverpool last season, you scored and sat deep all through the match. Against man city, you sat deep. It has become a trademark. On Saturday, after scoring, you sat deep and invited pressure which caused the penalty. Saying you came out and caused Liverpool pressure is you being dishonest. Infact, we how pressure made rudiger give the ball away to salah in the box 18. Chelsea couldn't build the ball from the back like they usually did.

Let us stick with the argument.

Between a team who commits more players to defend, to stand and block the post and a team who keeps a very high line all through the match, runs tirelessly to block headers, counter attacks and still keeps clean sheets, which team does more difficult defending?

Defending with a high line is one of the most difficult things in football as it requires a lot of communication, attention, concentration, intelligence and several hours of training on keeping the offside trap.

Defenders who are intelligent enough to play a high line and still cover a full space are very scare and expensive.

Barcelona is an extremely good team but they always suffer because they don't have defenders who can defend with a high line.

Defending with a high line is very risky because once an attacker breaks through the line, he is left with the goalkeeper.

Liverpool play the high line every time and they barely concede goals. Infact, with a high line, we were unbeaten at anfield for more than 3years.

That's very superb defending.

Sitting deep is very easy. All you have to do is raise the fitness and stamina level of the players so as to sustain pressure from the opposition.

You typically defend with 7 players, I typically defend with 3 players, who does more difficult defending?

Chelsea's defense is no where as good as Liverpool's defense.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by MrColdsweat: 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
Humanoid01:

When Frank lampard played a high defense line with these same players, how many goals did you concede?

Una no chop goals tire?

There is nothing special about sitting deep.

I could pick 11boys and set them up to sit 90mins and we'd not concede.

What you guys brag about is like praising yourself for killing someone with a gun. The gun is actually the deadly weapon, not you.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
MrColdsweat:

A fluke is an accidental act. You can't tell me havertz accurately scored that goal without looking at the goalpost.

You are not being honest. Chelsea is known for sitting deep. Against Liverpool last season, you scored and sat deep all through the match. Against man city, you sat deep. It has become a trademark. On Saturday, after scoring, you sat deep and invited pressure which caused the penalty. Saying you came out and caused Liverpool pressure is you being dishonest. Infact, we how pressure made rudiger give the ball away to salah in the box 18. Chelsea couldn't build the ball from the back like they usually did.

Let us stick with the argument.

Between a team who commits more players to defend, to stand and block the post and a team who keeps a very high line all through the match, runs tirelessly to block headers, counter attacks and still keeps clean sheets, which team does more difficult defending?

Defending with a high line is one of the most difficult things in football as it requires a lot of communication, attention, concentration, intelligence and several hours of training on keeping the offside trap.

Defenders who are intelligent enough to play a high line and still cover a full space are very scare and expensive.

Barcelona is an extremely good team but they always suffer because they don't have defenders who can defend with a high line.

Defending with a high line is very risky because once an attacker breaks through the line, he is left with the goalkeeper.

Liverpool play the high line every time and they barely concede goals. Infact, with a high line, we were unbeaten at anfield for more than 3years.

That's very superb defending.

Sitting deep is very easy. All you have to do is raise the fitness and stamina level of the players so as to sustain pressure from the opposition.

You typically defend with 7 players, I typically defend with 3 players, who does more difficult defending?

Chelsea's defense is no where as good as Liverpool's defense.
It seems we both watched different games on Saturday. Chelsea didn't sit as deep as you describe it. We didn't possess the ball like Liverpool did, but we regained possession in the midfield area and around their defence area a few times. How did we do that if we sat deep all through?

The deep defending was only triggered by the red card, and that is the wise thing to do for a team with Liverpool's attacking strength. Last season, West brom thumped us 5-2 because we didn't adjust the shape of the defence after Silva was sent off. Imagine if we had done that against Liverpool of all people.

Our trademark deep defensive play has obviously been underemployed over the years. We may not be as near perfect as Man city and Liverpool in playing from the back, keeping possession for long periods and creating chances from those, but we are sure not the defence-oriented side we were years ago. You can't expect all teams to play the same way.

You talked about us sitting deep against city. I wonder how we defeated them three times last season, I wonder how we defeated Real Madrid last season.

Enough with the excuse about Liverpool keeping a high line and defending well. It doesn't matter whether you keep a high line or not, the goal is to prevent your opponent from getting a goal scoring opportunity and both teams (Chelsea and Liverpool) do that well. It looks like you're just trying to look for reasons to discredit the team's effort for keeping Liverpool from scoring despite a red card. If the result had gone a different way in Liverpool's favour, you wouldn't be saying all these.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Humanoid01(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
MrColdsweat:

When Frank lampard played a high defense line with these same players, how many goals did you concede?

Una no chop goals tire?

There is nothing special about sitting deep.

I could pick 11boys and set them up to sit 90mins and we'd not concede.

What you guys brag about is like praising yourself for killing someone with a gun. The gun is actually the deadly weapon, not you.
Chelsea doesn't sit deep oga. The reason they sat deep against Liverpool was the red card.

Everybody can own a gun, but not everybody may know how to use a gun effectively. So it also depends on the person taking the shot.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by Great100000: 6:39am On Aug 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

Chelsea doesn't sit deep oga. The reason they sat deep against Liverpool was the red card.

Everybody can own a gun, but not everybody may know how to use a gun effectively. So it also depends on the person taking the shot.
And even someone here said that Chelsea Trademark is to play defensive football all the time and I was just laughing grin grin grin grin grin and asking myself is it this same Chelsea FC of England or Berekum Chelsea e dey talk about grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people just hate Chelsea for no reason and they won't admit it that they're playing good football.

Well, so far the people wey sabi football acknowledge Chelsea playing and the pundits then am satisfied.

Out of all Coaches that managed Chelsea, only Mourihno (1st Time 2004) and Conte I can say played Defensive Game and after all these Coaches, others Coaches that came change patter of play from defensive to more attractive and ball possession football.

Which one should we talk about, Accelloti, Villa Boas, Di Matteo, Mourinho (2nd time), Hiddink, Sarri (Sarriball), Lampard & Tuchel.

Even rookie like Lampard played very beautiful and ball possession football but he no get tactics.

Liverpool wey be grandfather of counter attacking football so people will now lie to us as if they're playing something special.

I was asking how many chances Liverpool got before the red card.

But I no blame them, na Chelsea attackers I blame that is wasting chances upon chances before they scored the only Goal, if Chelsea don put like 4 Goals inside their net then they won't be saying this.

Well, pundits and football legends don say the league is between Chelsea and Man City, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin so other Clubs can drag top 4.

This Chelsea will cause some pains to some people oooooo because they no get joy at all.

Liverpool of all clubs wey sabi Counter Attack football well well. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by ScrillyGOAT: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
donbrowser:

You used abbreviation, pidgin and English in 1 comment. How else can someone define frustration?

Baba, no mind me jare. grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by TabletSenorita(f): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
fujirice:

Are you not ashamed that Chelsea was knocking Liverpool ball in their backyard before this nonsense booking.
I don’t know why they always bring this ref to our important games.

Oga how far grin

Chelsea in the muuudd
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by fujirice: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
TabletSenorita:

Oga how far grin

Chelsea in the muuudd
grin grin grin
Calm down jor! We are bound to lose at some point. My only anger is that City outplayed us today.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
OgaTheTop2:
Make I take red wine calm frayed nerves.

Chelsea for life joooor cheesy

Show your boy love boss

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by OgaTheTop2: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
FriendsAndFans:

Show your boy love boss
He go better bro smiley
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 by FriendsAndFans(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
OgaTheTop2:
He go better bro smiley
When bros.. bless your boy. I dey find money to rent room sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 -0) On 5th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.