Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum (1520 Views)

How To Deal With A Workaholic Partner / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by lastbornop: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hello sis,

This Busy workaholic mum of 2 and wife needs Home advice on managing cooking.

I usually cook a lot on weekends and store in the Freezer for the week. I even tag and plan for the week but right now, it just seems too tiring and i have been lagging so much in this department.

Any idea on how to manage this aspect of my life. I come home tired every day, i manage to put 1 or 2 together but i know i should do better.

Help a sis.

Share ur experience. I and others could learn from you.

Thank you
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Goldbw122(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
ff
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by sisisioge: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
You need a maid, your oga or cook to assist you if you want to do beyond what you're currently doing. As what you're doing is what most busy wives/moms do to survive. Alternative is to start buying cooked soups and storing.You can't kill yourself.

12 Likes

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by hpk(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2021
Outsource your cooking to a food plug that delivers any food of your choice to you on specific days, while you use the time that was meant for cooking to rest or do something productive.

Cooking is not an easy chore especially when you have growing children with an appetite to keep up with and a demanding work schedule, time propagation is key to avoid burnout.

7 Likes

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by lastbornop: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2021
Thanks
hpk:
Outsource your cooking to a food plug that delivers any food of your choice to you on specific days, while you use the time that was meant for cooking to rest or do something productive.

Cooking is not an easy chore especially when you have growing children with an appetite to keep up with and a demanding work schedule, time propagation is key to avoid burnout.

Thanks @
sisisioge:
You need a maid, your oga or cook to assist you if you want to do beyond what you're currently doing. As what you're doing is what most busy wives/moms do to survive. Alternative is to start buying cooked soups and storing.You can't kill yourself.

I thought of these ideas but i was scared of hygiene and all.
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Karleb(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2021
Busy and workaholic should not be used together.
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by MufasaLion: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
You're busy and workaholic?
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Foodqueen(f): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Contact me to get u all your foodstuffs and deliver to your doorstep. If you need delicious cooked soup too wink
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by bukatyne(f): 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
lastbornop:
Hello sis,

I usually cook a lot on weekends and store in the Freezer for the week. I even tag and plan for the week but right now, it just seems too tiring and i have been lagging so much in this department.

Any idea on how to manage this aspect of my life. I come home tired every day, i manage to put 1 or 2 together but i know i should do better.

Help a sis.

Thank you

@bold:

Can you elaborate?

@OP generally:

If you have evaluated your schedule & seen you cannot cope, you need to get a help (enlist your husband to do more chores/cooking or get a help).

Burn out is real and if you continue juggling so much alone, you won't be useful to yourself, your husband, your kids, your employer and your society.

Another thing I see some families do recently is that they stop @ eateries on their way home & pick up food for the family. Some others 'rough' the week and eat warm meals @ weekend aka Sunday jollof grin

The truth is that you cannot work long hours daily and be very effective at home. You need to make peace with that especially referencing the bold (it is not easy especially when you take whatever role {housekeeping as a wife} you have seriously) . That's part of 21st century problems especially in Nigeria where we do not have part time jobs. You can engage your husband on what his expectations are so you understand where how you are falling short & explain that you are currently stretched thin and cannot go anymore without snapping or losing your mind.

Just re-evaluate your family situation and discuss with your husband to find a solution that works for you guys.

Good luck & take care of yourself smiley kiss

2 Likes

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Lamanii22(f): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Let me be your food plug! Let me deliver sumptuous home food for you and your family at an affordable price..... Let me also be your children's fashion plug....

How I wish you're living close to me ooo... I will aswell babysit your kids... Help them with their homeworks.... I won't even collect money for babysitting because I enjoy doing it...

2 Likes

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by amprat: 12:44am On Aug 23, 2021
Try to inculcate dry health foods that do not need cooking usually for breakfast.

Cereal
Bread and butter
Sandwich

You can also get fries, the ones already sliced and packed from stores so you just fry in the mornings and microwave sauce with it

If you're not comfortable with live -in house helps, get those who come in on specific days, clean and then leave. Just be careful, it is well

4 Likes

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by GboyegaD(m): 3:42am On Aug 23, 2021
Perhaps, your location might help suggest possible solutions.
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by AFONAMARO: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2021
I and wifey are engaged in a 8 - 5 kind of job, and we have 3 kids.

We cook twice in a month (1st and last Saturdays) and it lasts til the next month.

We both wake by 5am. I bath and prepare the kids for school, while wifey on the other hand, warms and packs their meals.

I do school runs and homework with the kids, while wifey takes care of laundry and dishes.

This way, no one is over laboured as we assist and compliment each other.

Your husband should fold his sleeves and get involve in running his home, you ain't a maid. Marriage is for two adults, not for a woman and a baby man waiting to be looked after

11 Likes

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by ADUKKY(f): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2021
Don't feel bad, you are doing just fine.

1 Like

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by lastbornop: 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lamanii22:
Let me be your food plug! Let me deliver sumptuous home food for you and your family at an affordable price..... Let me also be your children's fashion plug....

How I wish you're living close to me ooo... I will as well babysit your kids... Help them with their homeworks.... I won't even collect money for babysitting because I enjoy doing it...

Wawuu!!! shocked wink
You just offered me everything i want on a platter shaa.

Oya nao, are you in Lagos!
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by lastbornop: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thank you everyone that have suggested different solutions! Am so grateful!! wink smiley

So, hubby helps a lot with everything and so much more as said below by AFONAMARO except d actual cooking wink. He assists with preps though ......

@
AFONAMARO:
I and wifey are engaged in a 8 - 5 kind of job, and we have 3 kids.

We cook twice in a month (1st and last Saturdays) and it lasts til the next month.

We both wake by 5am. I bath and prepare the kids for school, while wifey on the other hand, warms and packs their meals.

I do school runs and homework with the kids, while wifey takes care of laundry and dishes.

This way, no one is over laboured as we assist and compliment each other.

Your husband should fold his sleeves and get involve in running his home, you ain't a maid. Marriage is for two adults, not for a woman and a baby man waiting to be looked after

Looking at most suggestions here, i do some or most of these.

I think my issue is, I am yet to give myself permission to buy cooked food for my family. I am gradually breaking that myth that, I "you" must cook all the food your family eats.

But the reality of these age is not encouraging all of that. So, I will resume my monthly or bi-weekly cooking and look for a good and hygienic food plug for the days of "I cannot comman kill myself".

It really isn't easy merging all these together but like i do tell myself, "We (Women) are wired for these"

Thank you all for contributing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by lastbornop: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kids are picky eaters undecided
1 likes bread and mayonnaise, d other doesn't.

But nice ideas to include in my plan
Thanks

amprat:
Try to inculcate dry health foods that do not need cooking usually for breakfast.

Cereal
Bread and butter
Sandwich

You can also get fries, the ones already sliced and packed from stores so you just fry in the mornings and microwave sauce with it

If you're not comfortable with live -in house helps, get those who come in on specific days, clean and then leave. Just be careful, it is well

1 Like

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by lastbornop: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lagos state. (Ifako-Gbagada area)

GboyegaD:
Perhaps, your location might help suggest possible solutions.
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by GboyegaD(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
lastbornop:
Lagos state. (Ifako-Gbagada area)

From my understanding, your area has a relatively stable electricity. Your best option would be plan a weekly timetable for meals based on how stressed you think each day will be. Also, prep the meals for each day and put them in labeled ziploc bags. You can ask your husband to bring out the zip lock for each day when he gets back so that it would be defrosted when you get back to cook.

1 Like

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Lamanii22(f): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
lastbornop:

Wawuu!!! shocked wink
You just offered me everything i want on a platter shaa.

Oya nao, are you in Lagos!

Yes oo... Mainland, isolo

1 Like

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by shugasofttouch: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
lastbornop:
Hello sis,

Help a sis.

Thank you
As for the cooking aspect I think this will help. Like you said you cook alot during the weekends make stew, soups and keep so that during the week you can just make rice or swallow and on the other hand, make sure you always have blended tomatoes and pepper, blended crayfish, if you use meat often cook it and refrigerate, cut your leaves an keep in the dry compartment of the fridge just in case you want to eat something else not soup or stew.

1 Like

Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
lastbornop:
Hello sis,

Is there a spouse in the picture? How old are the children in this case? undecided
Re: Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum by Ejika48(f): 9:00am On Aug 29, 2021
Do u need someone to talk to?Are u lonely? Depressed? Is ur marriage not working? Are u at d verge of divorcing it partner? U don't have a child? U need help? Don't worry... Follow @naughtybynaturemii on her live programs and be glad u did. Fuckers pls stay off.

(1) (Reply)

... / sold / Nobody Wants To Marry A Broke Girl Also

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.