Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George (626 Views)

Why PDP hasn’t won Lagos governorship election since 1999 –Bode George / APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Kuginzi: 4:59am On Aug 22, 2021
carrying papers by hand from your polling unit to the collation centre. It doesn’t make sense. We’ve been talking about electronic voting, nobody is listening. It’s a joke. Somebody in Lagos has stolen so much money that he’s richer than Nigeria, so how can you win an election?

Look at the last local government elections in Lagos. The people were so despondent that they didn’t come out to vote. It was a disgrace because they are tired of this life. You say, ‘You cannot win.’ How can you win? Do you know the humongous amount of money the fellow has stolen? With people who are hungry and angry, they would buy them out and write the results for them. I don’t know where this country is going. We need to speak truth to power. Our process is terrible and very heart-wrenching. What is the challenge? Why can’t we do e-voting, so that the votes of the people and the will of the people will be respected? What a joke! We are not serious.

2023 is around the corner and I am pleading with the President that they should bring out the report of the constitutional conference, revisit it and let us restructure the country. That is the only thing that can bring peace to this nation. All the people jumping all over the place, thinking, ‘In 2023, I’m going to be president,’ it’s all a joke. The electoral process is faulty, so the results will be faulty. The people you will then say are members of the National Assembly or governors will be faulty. We have tried this structure, it is not working and it can never work.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is believed to be in the running for presidency in 2023. What do you think about this, especially with regard to allegation that he has a serious health issue?

Well, it is his personal decision. For me, I don’t think he has that character — that is my personal belief. I’m not God, but this nation needs a God-fearing, committed, dedicated, selfless human being to be the President of the country. Like I said, it is my own opinion, but he cannot wear that cap.

Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Lonelyhrt1(m): 5:03am On Aug 22, 2021
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by hakeem4(m): 5:11am On Aug 22, 2021
It would be difficult for another party to win Lagos state. Just one man controls the local government.

But let’s see what happens when he dies

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Jerryherd: 5:26am On Aug 22, 2021
Losers always makes excuses
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by complexBoss12: 5:32am On Aug 22, 2021
hakeem4:
It would be difficult for another party to win Lagos state. Just one man controls the local government.

But let’s see what happens when he dies
I give it to Asiwaju, he a strong man, tho I don't support his '23 ambition because of Age. but...

Tinubu won and owns Lagos because Obasanjo and PDP had little regard for law, despite all their extravagance. I have never seen such an excuse for politicians since APC took over.
If this APC was in power then, Tinubu would have been rigged out long ago.
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Wawelexy(m): 6:32am On Aug 22, 2021
this man hates Tinubu like shiii.......
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by adefitim(m): 7:30am On Aug 22, 2021
No party fit take am for now maybe in 25years time
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Asgard73: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2021
Yoruba people gave Tinubu the power to loot and pillage them.
Same power Yoruba gave to his wife to sit on their neck without noise ..

...... same Yoruba the complain

Any President can rig Lagos state to his favor.. only say Tinubu have been cutting a good deal..on Lagos matters .

Rig and re rig the election openly and see massive celebrations in Lagos.. after all Tinubu have been rigging all Lagos election since 2003.

Lagosian wil celebrates the end of Tinubu pressing their neck... forget all this media noise.
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Jimasun: 8:15am On Aug 22, 2021
Asgard73:
Yoruba people gave Tinubu the power to loot and pillage them.
Same power Yoruba gave to his wife to sit on their neck without noise ..

...... same Yoruba the complain

Any President can rig Lagos state to his favor.. only say Tinubu have been cutting a good deal..on Lagos matters .

Rig and re rig the election openly and see massive celebrations in Lagos.. after all Tinubu have been rigging all Lagos election since 2003.

Lagosian wil celebrates the end of Tinubu pressing their neck... forget all this media noise.
Abia urchin, you won't mind your gully erosion ravaged region
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by BigRocky: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2021
Tinubu owns and control Lagos..

Ambode will tell you more..

The electoral system is even worst as they can be bend to favour their master
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by Asgard73: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2021
Jimasun:

Abia urchin, you won't mind your gully erosion ravaged region

Gibberish from a typical Yoruba human

Next!
Re: Why PDP Hasn’t Won Lagos Governorship Election Since 1999 –bode George by FarahAideed: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2021
Tinubu has mastered the art of Voter filtering and intimidation using local area gangs

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints New Ceos For National Library,nti,etc / 2023 Presidency: Why Osinbajo Is Keeping Mum / Governor Sanwo-olu Meets Artist Who Drew A 'funny' Pic Of Him (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.