Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision (59925 Views)

Referee Pulls A Gun Out To Restore Order After Controversial Penalty Call / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Mandzukic Shocked Over Penalty Decision Against Super Eagles / Chelsea Blast Ghana Referee Over Penalty Decision Awarded Against Aina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by ogbiwa: 6:21am On Aug 22, 2021
A referee restored order after a controversial penalty decision by pulling out a gun.

The extraordinary moment the match official strolled around the centre circle with the weapon in his hand was filmed by fans who kept a safe distance amid the confusion.

The tense scene occurred during an amateur match in the western Honduran town of La Jigua.

Local reports said the unnamed ref brandished the pistol to protect himself from angry supporters who thought he should have awarded their side a penalty.

A relative is said to have handed him the weapon at the end of the match as he was jeered by the furious fans.

Shots could be heard during the home-made video, although it was unclear where they had come from.

One supporter was overheard insulting the ref by calling him a son of a b****, although he appeared to make a wise decision by staying in the stands.

There were no reports of any injuries as a result of the standoff.

The extraordinary moment the match official strolled around the centre circle with the weapon in his hand was filmed by fans

The match official has not been identified and it is not yet clear if he will face any disciplinary action over his radical decision.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/referee-gun-football-penalty-honduras-24808034

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Toeze: 6:23am On Aug 22, 2021
ogbiwa:

The match official has not been identified and it is not yet clear if he will face any disciplinary action over his radical decision.

Good luck to the person that will be sent to inform him of the so called disciplinary actions

See my signature if you need top level building plans and construction

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by harmargedon: 6:23am On Aug 22, 2021
Hahahaha Gangstar referee

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by colossus91(m): 7:05am On Aug 22, 2021
Omo x100000000000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by FalseProphet1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
This can only happen in South America, that referee obviously runs rackets for some drug Lord, and uses his referee job as camouflage.

This I have seen

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by slawormiir: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Hahaha

Typical of a real niggarrr

All these North and Central America ehnnn....them Mexico, Jamaica, Honduras...everybody na real niggar and gangsta

Haha. The referee is like ....I don blow....I don blow be that....who nor like the decision and want do anyhow go collect bullet...

Bomboclaat...I and I take decision already ...Say no more... who cause problem then me ya empty my bullet in his cheeest

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lol.

E be like say the referee gat 9ja blood sad

8 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Who wan die nah?
Who dey breath.

The pictures is not completely complete.
Where is the picture of the players on the bench and their coach flying to lay down on the grass and under the cooler?

It was so funny when we saw this days back!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by akanbiaa(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Disturb: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Violence Field Marshall.... Do any how, you see any how grin

10 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by yemolingi: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Omox100000

1 Like

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by onuwaje(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
How many people can he kill... Stupid

1 Like

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Sonnobax15(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
grin
Na diz kind ref we need to NPFL......

Mexico na one country for this world wey I no go fit travel go even if dem give me free visa self lipsrsealed. Their lifestyle,and ruggedity na just something wey I no go fit cope with at all undecided

8 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by johnnny12(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Darn mehn....

1 Like

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by neolboy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gangster referee
Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by reyzo(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Omo x100000

www.kidify.ng
Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Ray07(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Front page again sad

2 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Finnese001: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
grin
Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Exkandayee(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
End time referee, anyways he's my man,omo people rain wan scatter owerri,no fkexin today,cheii,and I wan comot something today from my ublokos

2 Likes

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Icecream51: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
grin very funny
Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by OBTMOS(m): 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lol
Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Soulvein: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
End time referee with a very low selfesteem.

1 Like

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by obajoey(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ki oju má rîbi, gbogbo ara login eh,
Wise son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Sofistcatdmoron: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
angry
This is when football is organized at sambisa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by Westlyf777(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Whistle or gun which one you want make de ref blow grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by ideatoprince18(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
That ref is a real Gee

Guide yourself before anything!!!.... Those Honduras fans can be pretty dating!!!!
Re: Referee Pulls Out Gun To Restore Order After Fans Disagree With Penalty Decision by OgaTheTop2: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mourinho Had Milk And Water Thrown At Him As Man City Players Celebrate (PICS) / Gang Who Tried To Rob Ozil & Kolasinac Jailed For 100 Years (Pictures) / Little Boy Refused To Stand Before An African Player At A Fooball Match In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.