Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi (358 Views)

NFF Sacks Entire Technical Crew Of Super Eagles / Eagles Vs Sierra Leone: Profiles Of The Men In Rohr’s Goalkeeping Headache / AFCON: Why Nigeria Lost To Algeria – Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi by robosky02(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Former Nigerian midfielder, Finidui George says he doesn’t have confidence in the Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr’s technical crew.

The 1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner stated this in an interview with Channels Television, where he raised doubt on the chances of the Super Eagles to win the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Recall that the three-time AFCON champions are pitted alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau, and Sudan in Group D.

We have yet to see the team play good football under the current technical crew, so I can say I don’t have confidence in the technical crew led by Gernot Rohr. For the team to do well in Cameroon, they must function as a unit and not the individual brilliance we are seeing now.

“The current Super Eagles team are not better than the set that finished third at the 2019 AFCON finals in Egypt. I saw them against Sierra Leone when they conceded three goals in the second half, and they drew that game. All we have seen is individual brilliance, but they don’t function well as a team.

Lalasticlala mynd44
https://www.completesports.com/2021-afcon-why-i-dont-have-confidence-in-rohrs-technical-crew-finidi/

1 Like

Re: 2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi by robosky02(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
Finidi hitting the nail on the head straight from Spain. Those who have zero experience in felele and tanko should come and insult him. My only concern is CS shouldn’t have brought this news when we are closer to world cup qualifiers. It’s a wake up message they should have sent out earlier to put the whiteman on his toes because in Nigeria we love good attacking football and results. NFF also has lion share of blames for Super Eagles downfalls due to their bad football administration and indebtedness which is leading to mass corruption

3 Likes

Re: 2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi by Emperormartin(m): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
Talk is cheap... Na so Sunday Oliseh yarn too.
Las Las we still know wetin hpn
Re: 2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi by robosky02(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Do you know that Genet Rohr is already the longest serving coach in Nigeria yet he does not have a clear playing pattern.
At best he is a scout. But technically zero. That's why westerhof brought Jo bonfrere to do the match reading

1 Clemens Westerhof (1989-1994)
The flying Dutchman remains the most successful coach in the country's footballing history after working with the team for five years. The highlight of Westerhof's spell with the Super Eagles was winning the nation's second AFCON trophy in 1994, qualifying Nigeria to the World Cup and finishing at the round of 16 stages, all in the same year. The Dutch coach also led Nigeria to a second-place finish and a bronze medal at the 1990 and 1992 Nations Cup tournaments in Algeria and Senegal respectively.

2. Tiko Jelisavcic (1974-1978)
Nigeria was an emerging force in the African continent in the mid and late '70s and left a footprint at the biggest soccer fiesta in Africa.

The former Yugoslavian boss got the name Tiko when he mentored the then Green Eagles as he led Nigeria to two third-place finishes at the Africa Cup of Nations tournament in 1976 and 1978.

3. Gernot Rohr (2016 till date)

After the failure of indigenous coaches including Augustine Eguavoen, Samson Siasia and Sunday Oliseh, Nigeria demanded an expatriate to handle the national team. The German Francophone was brought in 2016 and the results so far have still not satisfied the Nigerian fans.

Booking a World Cup ticket in 2018 and a third-place finish at the 2019 AFCON tournament is still far from what other managers have achieved with the Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: 2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Thank you Finidi for speaking out. Amunike and Finidi should have been running the Super Eagles now. It is shocking we have no pattern after all these years.

Sad but politics still runs our football.

2 Likes

Re: 2021 AFCON: Why I Don’t Have Confidence In Rohr’s Technical Crew -finidi by robosky02(m): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
Thank you Finidi for speaking out. Amunike and Finidi should have been running the Super Eagles now. It is shocking we have no pattern after all these years.

Sad but politics still runs our football.

Everyone is turning to their best ex internationals

But someone vet us stock with Rohr

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal-we Should Sell Whole Team & The Coach- 87 Yr Old Supporters / Breaking News Fifa Has Allow Arsenal Fc To Be Using Two Goal Keeper / Ronaldo Or Bruno Fernandes Who Would Take Penalties For Manchester United.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.