Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 (42102 Views)

Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Skillsnigeria: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
Noted
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by matm: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
Will have clocked 100 in 3yrs time.The people of older generation are really blessed by God.For indomie generation,at 17 she will look 37.At 37 she is already weak with wrinkles all over.At 50s,she looks like the biblical Abraham and if lucky lives up to 60 before untimely death which is pathetically celebrated as a fulfilled life.
May God of Moses heal our land.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by NewDelhi(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
sameks08:
Aguiyi Ironsi or Michael Okpara get your fact well
Stop displaying your illiteracy, always learn to read

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by omoadeleye(m): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2021
obyrich:
This Is serious. Wife of Michael Okpara died yesterday now Ironsi's wife. Both are from UMUAHIA. May their souls RIP.

Serious?

Like old people died, you saying it's serious.

They have already accomplished something in life and they are old.

They should just rest in peace.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2021
OneKinGuy:
If only her husband did the right thing, Nigeria would have been a better place today. Anyways, RIP MA.

what right thing are you talking about? you just like to type rubbish. shebi he was killed because of the unitary decree and it was abolished so how is it his fault?

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by DEROX: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
grin danjuma bleeped her husband flat skull
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Princeton92(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
obyrich:
This Is serious. Wife of Michael Okpara died yesterday now Ironsi's wife. Both are from UMUAHIA. May their souls RIP.

I wondered same
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by livebyday(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
Folabifreeman:
We have lost a Matriach of the Aguiyi-ironsi family and a political Heavyweight in the person of Lady Victoria.

Her service to our great Nation and her people should be something our young ladies should strive to emulate

@folabifreeman

How was she a political heavyweight? Or you don't know what that means?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Godbless3(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2021
obyrich:

What is serious? You want to start a conspiracy theory?
Before you do, go around all the mutuary and ask how many dead body is brought in on a daily basis and do same with hospital.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by obyrich(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Godbless3:

What is serious? You want to start a conspiracy theory?
Before you do, go around all the mutuary and ask how many dead body is brought in on a daily basis and do same with hospital.
Which conspiracy theory? Please take life easy.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by kkonyeji(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2021
FashionCookie:

Our contemporary men nko? Wey dey Bleep waka like say them use am curse una.

U sound like a victim

1 Like

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by gidgiddy: 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
Wife of the guy that initiate the end of regional government angry

No beef for her sha, RIP to her.
That initiate the end of Regional government? All 4 Regions were existing tge day Ironsi was killed. The person who abolished the Regions was Gowon with state creation
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by FashionCookie(f): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
kkonyeji:

U sound like a victim
Na u sabi...
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Temptee101(m): 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2021
RIP madam!!
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by FakeUnity: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
Good bye, tell your husband that the fight for Biafra is till ongoing. That our children may not be slaves of the British contraption.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by HEAVEN4444: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
meanwhile theophilus danjuma who stripped her husband butt nekkid and lashed him 24 strokes of horsewhip before capping his ass is still enjoying billions of oyel money cheesy

that theophilus, very handsome yet deadly man lmaooo
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by kettykin: 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
obyrich:

I have been wondering about this, today is Monday too
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by ThatFairGuy1: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
Your father's kingdom is in the East not our land.
PrinceOfLagos:
Rest in the lord strong woman

May God bless your soul

I shall declare a one day mourning in my father's kingdom here in Lagos
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by PrinceOfLagos: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Your father's kingdom is in the East not our land.
You're my subject in this Lagos but you don't know.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by wifeesnatcher(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
help us tell your husband say his abolishment of regionalism, Fulani people had exploited it to their advantage, even The Hausas and other tribes from North that welcome them when they were trekking like idiots had been at their receiving ends

I'm just glad I didn't exist as a Fulani, I can't withstand the trauma I will face when that Buhari leave in 2023
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Captain8(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2021
so this is the wife of that bastard who destroyed niger delta republic.... rest in hell with your husband....
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Kemistri4(m): 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2021
RIP to the first lady...
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Captain8(m): 4:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
gidgiddy:

That initiate the end of Regional government? All 4 Regions were existing tge day Ironsi was killed. The person who abolished the Regions was Gowon with state creation
mnk school student.... ironsi yes did not abolished regional but he removed the much power vested on the regional to centre... it was what he did that gave gowon much powers to destroyed his people..... it was that same mistake ironsi did that make buhari so unquestionable today....

today suffering was created by zik and ironsi

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by christistruth01: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
gidgiddy:

Do you know that before Ironsi’s unification decree Awolowo’s Western Region had its own busy UK embassy on Great Portland Street in London ?

It had to be Closed down after Ironsi took Power and the Western Regions UK embassy Building was eventually taken over by the Federal Government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Captain8(m): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2021
when you got to hell fire please tell that your Igbo head husband that igbos are suffering today for his evil deeds against Ijaw people and Adaka Boro....
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
Drsnives:
Strong woman.. she remained unmarried for close to 55years after her husband's death
If na our contemporary ladies, the next day self dem don begin recive baptism of dicks
it's her choice allow others who choose to chop dick... If na aguiyi e for no Marry??

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by dchamp234(m): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
fergie001:
Transition to Glory.............God rest (their) souls.

God Bless "God's Own State"
God Bless Nigeria

Lady Ironsi receiving her husband's corpse in 1967.
I wasn't there but the way I heard her husband was killed his body was still returned to his family??
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by fergie001: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
dchamp234:

I wasn't there but the way I heard her husband was killed his body was still returned to his family??
At Ojukwu's insistence.....It was returned almost a year after.
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by gidgiddy: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
Captain8:
mnk school student.... ironsi yes did not abolished regional but he removed the much power vested on the regional to centre... it was what he did that gave gowon much powers to destroyed his people..... it was that same mistake ironsi did that make buhari so unquestionable today....

today suffering was created by zik and ironsi

Military rule is not civilian rule, the military always try to make the centre more powerful. But the question is if Ironsi was the one who abolished Regionalism. The answer is no. The 4 Regions that Ironi met on the ground were all existing when Ironsi left, and all 4 had resource control

Gowon came in and used Decree 14 to abolish all 4 Regions, created 12 states and took resource control away
Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by Captain8(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
gidgiddy:

Military rule is not civilian rule, the military always try to make the centre more powerful. But the question is if Ironsi was the one who abolished Regionalism. The answer is no. The 4 Regions that Ironi met on the ground were all existing when Ironsi left, and all 4 had resource control

Gowon came in and used Decree 14 to abolish all 4 Regions, created 12 states and took resource control away
why diverting from the talk?
did i said irons abolished region?
nigeria was practicing federal system before ironsi came and abolished the regional power and concetrated it only on centre to a unitary system...
you see nothing wrong in this?

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Dies At 97 by pamcode(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
The wife of the leaders back then really lived long sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apga Excited, PDP Hopeful, Apc Confused As Inec Concludes Anambra Poll / Benedict Johnson Canvasses Support For Tinubu Presidency In Igbo / You’re On International TV, Comport Yourselves, Buhari Tells Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.