Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Lawyers In The House I Need Advice On This Land Matter - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lawyers In The House I Need Advice On This Land Matter (277 Views)

Please House I Need An Explanation / What Could Be Under This Land? / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House I Need Advice On This Land Matter by goodychet: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Good afternoon my dear nairalanders. I have an issue with our family land in the village and wish to humbly use this medium to request for your candid suggestions and advices so as not to be seen one kind in my community.
My late grandfather who lived over 90 years before he died over25 years ago spent his whole life living with his uncle from his mother side. As he grew to maturity and got married, his uncle decided to cut a portion of his own land for him because of his service to him which he built his house and lived with his own family. There, he gave birth to my father and his siblings, some of the males moved to other villages, built their houses and lived with their families but my father and his other brothers remained in that place and inherited the land from my grandmother. There, my father gave birth to me and my siblings and lived for over 80 years before he finally passed away about 20 years ago and we automatically inherited the land, built our houses there and live.
Recently strange things started happening last year when the grand children of my grandfather uncle started gathering building materials on our own portion of the land without even si forming us and at the same time attempted to start building on it all at once. When we intimated them, they said it was their inheritance that was given to our grandfather. We resisted and the issue was resolved in our favour by an elderly person from their family. Unfortunately,the elderly person who resolved the issue also passed away shortly as he was already of age.
Living us now with the and they are already taking action to commence their building project on that same piece of land again. As a courteous person I am, I am presently confused as to whether to take legal action against them to reclaim a land that has been in possession of my family for over a hundred years or to allow them take the land as they claimed it. Note that I want to be sure if I take legal action, the court will surely rule in my favour due to the over hundred years possession of the land by my family. Otherwise I will just allow them to take away the land. If you have any advice or way that can help me to take rational discision on this heart ❤️ touching issue please don't hesitate to forward it to me.
Thanks in anticipation of your professional legal advices and contributions!!
Re: Lawyers In The House I Need Advice On This Land Matter by goodychet: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
Admin please help move to Fp
Re: Lawyers In The House I Need Advice On This Land Matter by anthonyuncle(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
(i no be lawyer sha)

you guys should've done legal documents for that land to indicate that it belongs to you.

you should go to another elder-someone that is respected by all in your village, relate the matter to him, let him convene the other family and resolve the issue.

if it is resolved in your favor, quickly do legal documents for that land asap

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers In The House I Need Advice On This Land Matter by goodychet: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
Thanks
anthonyuncle:
(i no be lawyer sha)

you guys should've done legal documents for that land to indicate that it belongs to you.

you should go to another elder-someone that is respected by all in your village, relate the matter to him, let him convene the other family and resolve the issue.

if it is resolved in your favor, quickly do legal documents for that land asap

(1) (Reply)

On A Hunt For Dropshipping Wholesalers? Visit CIMC Home UK / Osanebi Surprises Aide With Brand New Car. / ALAT Facilitates Business Management Session For Young Startup Founders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.