Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike (15161 Views)

Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action / Does The President Have The Constitutional Power To Suspend The Chief Justice? / Oshiomhole Threatens To Suspend Ngige: If Presidency Condones Disrespect.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by References: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2021
The National Industrial Court, Abuja division, has ordered the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) to suspend its nationwide strike.

The doctors had commenced the strike on August 1 over “irregular payment of salaries”, among other issues.

Efforts by the house of representatives to mediate between the federal government and NARD ended in a deadlock.

The federal government then instituted a suit against the association, asking the court for an order of interlocutory injunction restraining the doctors from continuing with the industrial action.

Ruling on the ex parte application on Monday, John Targema, the judge, asked all parties in the suit to suspend all forms of hostilities and maintain status quo pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.

He said: “Having looked especially on the affidavit of extreme urgency, the grounds of the application, the affidavit in support of same and arguments of counsel for the applicant. I also weighed the submissions and arguments of counsel on the law as it stands on this application.

“It is hereby ordered that claimant/applicant and the defendant/respondent suspend all forms of hostilities forthwith pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.”

The judge further ordered that a hearing notice be issued and other processes be served on the defendant, including the originating summons. He also added that that the proof of service should be kept in the case file before the next adjourned date.

Targema adjourned the matter to September 15 for a hearing of the motion on notice and/or any other pending application on its merit.
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-court-orders-resident-doctors-to-suspend-strike/amp

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
Buhari sef no dey obey court order, so Doctors sef fit misbehave grin. When the president and all the political class take medical tourisms abroad, what do u expect?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Treash(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
You wan force hungry doctors to treat sick patients?

I laugh.
grin grin grin grin grin

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Pinkyposh(f): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
You are ordering them to call off the strike, have you met with their demands?

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Thinktwicemybro: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
The jagaban of bullion van and his gworo eating gangman from duara will run to London when they feel headache but they won't pay doctors in Nigeria. Such a nation!.

It's their right to strike, the courts are wasting their order.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by englishmart(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Forced labour

17 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Bsure: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Non sequitur kangaroo judgement.

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by omoadeleye(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Let's see maybe they will honour the court order

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Kpeshi10(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. This country matter tire me aswear
Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Onepeople: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Joker's, our judiciary is in a deep mess.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Mayng01(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nigeria’s judiciary is inside Bubu’s pocket
Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by kennyz247(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nigeria is on a long thing with Buhari as president..

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Racoon(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
"....Those who gave up their liberty for their safety doesnt deserves neither their liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
I guess they should not heed this court order until the NASS legislate against and enforced that public office holders including the president stopped seeking healthcare abroad.

Meanwhile, "...Why do I need to embark on a foreign trip as a president with a huge crowd with public funds? Why do I need to go for foreign medical trip if we cannot make our hospital functional?"
- (Muhammadu Buhari to Nigerians in UK. February 2015)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2015/02/26/full-text-of-buhari-speech-at-chatham-house/

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by MICHEALOMIS99(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
The federal government should do the necessary rather than cajoling them to call of their strike by force.

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by chloride6: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
Court go force me to work?

Am I a slave?

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by CaptainAyub: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
APC judge.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by otajipopo: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
Like Seriously
Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by english1234567: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
W
Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by realstars: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
The Strike Is Killing Ordinary Nigerians, I Lose My Aunty, My Patanal Uncle And A Naigbor Over The Weekend.
Now I Want The Court To Order The Govenment To Pay The Hungry Doctors Their Wages..
Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by szczescie(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Na by force?

You dey order them

Oya na come force dem

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Dozis: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
On what grounds?
If you are a doctor in this country find your way out of this cesspit, run as fast as your country can carry you.
This country kills dreams.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
People that are saving lives una no know say una supposed dey pay them regularly the agreed remuneration package and even plus uncountable incentives... everything about the hell hole needs total reformation and restructuring. Wtf!!!

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Sharon6(f): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Meet up their requests before forcing orders on them. These people have families, bills etc etc and you can't just impose orders on them without attending to their requests.

Please check my SIGNATURE jare.

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by candidbabe(f): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Naija don cast

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Seniorwriter(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
SMH
Racoon:

I guess they should not heed this court order until the NASS legislate against and enforced that public office holders including the president stopped seeking healthcare abroad.

Meanwhile, "...Why do I need to embark on a foreign trip as a president with a huge crowd with public funds? Why do I need to go for foreign medical trip if we cannot make our hospital functional?"
- (Muhammadu Buhari to Nigerians in UK. February 2015)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2015/02/26/full-text-of-buhari-speech-at-chatham-house/
Buhari is no longer aware he made such statements and will express shock to see persons like you quoting it online.....
What a leader....reason i pity the online urchins that still support this buhari led incompetent fraudulent terrorists infested maladministration!
How can someone be suffering and still deny it.

Now instead of finding a common ground to make sure the doctors resume back to work they are resorting to oppression via the judicial arm of governance.....how low!

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS IN NIGERIA!

@SENIORWRITER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by bolaayenimo: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Is it the court that will pay their salary??

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by NIJJAking(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire after you die. Jesus Christ love and warns you to repent and convert now to Christianity to avoid hell fire. Only Jesus Christ can save you by his death on the cross and his blood which washes away your sins, any other ways ( Islam, paganism, Hinduism, atheism, etc) can not save you. Be wise while you still have the chance accept Jesus Christ now and save your soul from hell. Be wiser than Satan and follow the one true God. This is the eternal truth from the spiritual realm.
Re: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
szczescie:
Na by force?

You dey order them

Oya na come force dem
I tire for the matter. How can u be applying such pressure on people doing a job as delicate as that

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northern Elders Reject Jonathan’s N20million “gift” / Lagos Oilfield To Start Production In 2014 / Transparency International Ordered To Leave Nigeria Within 72 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.