Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe (12303 Views)

Abia Vigilante Kills 27-Year-Old Izuchukwu In Umuahia Popular Eatery (Video) / Oluwatosin Michael Fatunmbi Kills Driver, Buries Him In The Bush / Man Shot Dead By Soldier In Edo Over N500 Bribe At A Military Checkpoint. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Vabama: 6:37am On Aug 24, 2021
A driver in Anambra State was on Monday allegedly killed by a vigilante operative in Onitsha, over N500 bribe

A resident said the deceased was driving with a lady in his car when they were accosted by the vigilante operatives in a Sienna car.

The source said, “An argument ensued between him and the vigilante operatives and in the process one of them shot him, killing him instantly, while the lady ran away.”

Another source said the vigilante operatives had accosted the driver carrying goods with a lady and demanded money from them.

The source said the operatives rejected the sum of N500 offered to them by the driver before they arrested him and impounded his vehicle.

The source maintained that the driver called the owner of the goods to inform him of the development, threatening to abandon the goods with them. Monday Prayers

“The owner rushed to the scene. But using a heated argument that ensued, one of the vigilante operatives fired a gun shot at the man, and several shots into the air to scare people away before he drove off.

It was gathered that the incident attracted youths of the area who carried the corpse and proceeded to the palace of a monarch in the area to register their displeasure over the incident.

Efforts to speak with the Area Commander in charge of Onitsha, John Obuagbaka was unsuccessful as calls put across to his mobile phone were not picked, he did he respond to text messages sent to him in that respect as of the time of filing the report.

When contacted, the state Public Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, said “I have no such reports before me please.”

Source; https://dailypost.ng/2021/08/23/anambra-vigilante-allegedly-kills-driver-over-n500-bribe/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by KillMNKnow(f): 6:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Barbarens

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by caesymore(m): 6:54am On Aug 24, 2021
Even for Movie when the main character ( ator) sees a gun he will park one side, abeg we should learn that, e get why... the kind of highness this security operatives not to talk of the local ones immerse themselves in before kicking on the days activity no be bobo juice.

R.I.P to the driver.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by chiiraq802(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2021
Life is worthless in Nigeria, even Countries battling with terrorism and civil war never take innocent lives the way it happens in this God forsaken shit hole.

Give an average Nigerian man gun and he see's himself as god. He won't use the gun to attack criminals, bandits, kidnappers etc but to oppress innocent civilians.

God punish all forms of security agencies in this shit hole from Army,Navy,Airforce,Police,Vigilantees etc.

The day that good for nothing Colonial olosho Flora Shaw named this calamity Nigeria, that was the same day God cursed it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2021
There Is No Single Day That Will Pass Without coming across one bad news or the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
grin dis AVG nd AVS Securities in Onitsha dat always Smoke Egboo grin
Am nt surprised grin
But de always do der work well in securing my Onitsha grin
Obiano is doin well in security,
Fulani herdsmen Ak47 should com lets play grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by BigRocky: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
Vilgilante the new sars..

Welcome to cowgeria.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by nairavsdollars(f): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
A human life oooooo for just N500 that is not even up to one dollar
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Kindness218: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nobody is safe until everybody's is safe

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
The source said, “An argument ensued between him and the vigilante operatives and in the process one of them shot him, killing him instantly, while the lady ran away.”

Another source said the vigilante operatives had accosted the driver carrying goods with a lady and demanded money from them.
He will definitely meet his waterloo before the end of this year.
He who kills by the gun MUST die by the gun.
The Rule of Life!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kindness218:
grin
Please, can you kindly let us know what is funny in this bad and sad news?

BigRocky:

Welcome to cowgeria.
We believe only people that see themselves as cow call out darling nation a congenial or zoogeria or whatever and we want to believe you are not a cow!

Better behave kid rocky!
People dey o

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by slawormiir: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Bornsinner7: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn
Nigga
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Patrioticman007(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
Top ipobian police kills pig in pigs pen, because of 500 naira, foreign currency.

The above is how the headline should read, as they have refuse too see Nigeria as their home country.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
Patrioticman007:
Top ipobian police kills pig
sad shocked shocked
Na dem again?
Impossicant!!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by candidbabe(f): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
Anambra again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Amspecial: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
angry
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Sonnobax15(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
shocked
Ordinary vigilante wey you be,you don begin flex muscle for unarmed civilians....

No joke,but the truth is that if you really wanna know whether a blackman is stupid or not,just give him power......Even common ordinary street chairman self dey shout "do you know who I am?" .... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by HEAVEN4444: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
shocked
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by NaBanga: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
Very sad set of people...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Thinktwicemybro: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
Igbo Amaka

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by blueyonder6: 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
shocked
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Meedon: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nwa Nimoooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by Focusmind: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nigeria!

In Nigeria, being calm under serious provocation is an art that has to be mastered if you want to save your life and sanity. I have learnt to behave well with arm bearing people - police o, army o, vigilante or even area boyz. I have learnt not to argue with them at all and if I have money that could make me leave that vicinity, I don't mind giving them immediately and leave.

There is no need doing "gra gra" with a Nigerian with gun. A lot of people are frustrated and under substances. The driver is now gone and nothing would happen. Sometimes, it is good to behave like "mugu" and save yourself unnecessary stress and harm. Don't show strong head on things that could be resolved easily with money.

My wife, sometimes accuse me of being too soft with people, unruly neighbors, police on the road, agberos or touts. My brother, I have nothing to prove to anybody. Don't prove your Alpha-male tag to your wife or girl friend and start unnecessary physical fight. If any eventuality happens and you die, she mourns you and move on. Always keep calm under serious provocation and wriggle your way out with few cash if you have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by bigdammyj: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Noted
Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by emmabest2000(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Fake news

If I got my hands on that your tiny neck eeeee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Vigilante Kills Driver Over N500 Bribe by chuose2: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Igbo Amaka

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran's New Finger-amputating Machine For Thieves / Newborn Baby Dumped In A Sack In Rivers State, Found Dead (Graphic Photos) / THE WOMAN I SAVE, SHE HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SURGERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.