Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,619 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts (24213 Views)

EFCC Urges Banks To ‘query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income / EFCC Urges Court To Deny Adeherself Bail / ‘yahoo Yahoo’: Guide Your Children Against Quick Money - EFCC Urges Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2021
HabaHaba:
As if its a new KYC regime.

Banks have been doing this for ages na.
Its not new, just asm then ti improve on visitations proper..
don't mind the dude. Same banks looking for money anyhow? Fighting crime should be engrained into our culture, not just a surface thing. You can't successfully fight crime in a society whr people praise and applaud people with duplicitous source of income.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by gift2xl: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2021
Low IQ.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:34am On Aug 25, 2021
This guy has run out of ideas so soon? That's quite typical of aboki ndiara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Indispensable85(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Buhari don infect almost everybody with foolishness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by khalleb(m): 8:39am On Aug 25, 2021
900warriorz:
You are a mutula and belong to the zoo grin
Must of we Nigerian our source of income is not genuine that's why we are seeing it bad for bank to know bthe source of their customers income
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2021
Pilate2016:

Poor Aboki or Skull miner spotted. Go and deliver yourself from poverty.

Baba but u can help me yes I am poor should I send my account details a Million naira will deliver me from this poor syndrome !
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2021
MummyD2020:

They could be paying school fees, opening personal accounts encourage them to learn how to save and also have general knowledge very early amongst other reasons. Kai nawa oh

You right mummy wah but there should be more security measures put in place.

They Yahoo guys are making use of those loopholes .

All most all fraud work guys have FCMB account .

1 Like

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 8:45am On Aug 25, 2021
caprini1:
Parents open account for kids and hands over the Debits cards to them.....no kid can walk into any Nigerian bank and open an account.

I concur but seriously there are some certain measures needed to be put in place

1 Like

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2021
AFRICANJAMAICA:

You can't go far with this mentality

Alright sir but you can always carry me along sir make I turn your handbag?
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2021
Bank will have problems sad
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2021
Efcc hope you guys know you have expiry date just like sars and with all this gra gra una dey do e be like say we go move that date come front
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Tremple8v: 9:03am On Aug 25, 2021
Banks mumu nah ....abi.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2021
Which country in the world have you seen banks question people's source of income?
khalleb:

Must of we Nigerian our source of income is not genuine that's why we are seeing it bad for bank to know bthe source of their customers income
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by RichAbujaGuy: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2021
Kudos, the financial system needs a good sanitising, from the low level yahoo peepo to the chopping 419 politicians. Banks have been put on notice.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Thebigheart: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2021
How will the ask the question sir. Sometimes, people talk out of point.
Imagine.
Bank: How do you make your money?
Customer: we say am into yahooo
Bank: wait for me
Customer: we say bye bye.
Oga efcc, be proactive about your work and strive towards accuracy and don't follow all these grapevine info.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by toxtimmy: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2021
You are wiser than all the whole EFCC combined and some nairalanders here don't deserve anything good as all they talk and type is like them taking of Thiers clothes and underwear, then turn around on thier knees while bending down and ask Buhari and his henchmen that the pleasure is Thiers to do whatever they want.

Nigeria is a rotten country that even maggots are running away from.

macrodata:
EFCC is towing the wrong path. They should ask SARS how it ended for them.

Not everyone wants the government snooping on their affairs and finding ways to milk you of your hard earned money.
The job of the EFCC is to investigate financial crimes, not dictating to Financial institutions on how to manage their affairs. The CBN is in the best position to direct the banks on how to collect customer data, not the EFCC.

I'm not a fraudster, to further answer your question. I'm self employed, how do I explain to banks and EFCC that I buy and sell crypto for a living? How do I explain I've made a fortune with shit coins trading? This move by EFCC is to ensure that Nigerians only make money by working 5am-10pm, waking up to join traffic & joining traffic to go home & prepare for work next day. Totally unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by andepower: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2021
Na today?
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by mywells: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2021
This one go affect police officers and other goverments official drama would unfoldvin coming days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by mywells: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2021
This one go affect police officers and other goverments official drama would unfoldvin coming days.u
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by roddy15: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2021
Mumu talk.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by myrates: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2021
macrodata:
EFCC is towing the wrong path. They should ask SARS how it ended for them.

Not everyone wants the government snooping on their affairs and finding ways to milk you of your hard earned money.
The job of the EFCC is to investigate financial crimes, not dictating to Financial institutions on how to manage their affairs. The CBN is in the best position to direct the banks on how to collect customer data, not the EFCC.

I'm not a fraudster, to further answer your question. I'm self employed, how do I explain to banks and EFCC that I buy and sell crypto for a living? How do I explain I've made a fortune with shit coins trading? This move by EFCC is to ensure that Nigerians only make money by working 5am-10pm, waking up to join traffic & joining traffic to go home & prepare for work next day. Totally unacceptable.
. As long as ur online bitcoin trading is legitimate, you can explain to the authorities what u do for a living in order to preserve ur integrity as a law abiding citizen and also for tax purposes. Tax evasion is also a crime you know grin grin
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2021
ValCon888:
Any bank that tries that stunt will go broke. Dem never see anything.
WITH YOUR OWN MENTALITY ARE YOU SAYING THIS FOR REAL ______HHHHHHHHMMMMMM THIS ARE THE COMMENTS WE READ FROM MENTAL HEALTH DEFICIENCY PEOPLE LIVING IN THIS GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION CALLED NIGERIA
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by wislika2020: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2021
expertman:
Good this is the right decision ooo jare.

Imagine kids in primary school opening. A bank account .

I have come accrossed many high school students in banks

Proper investigation ought To be done before opening a bank account.

Banks like Access and FCMB ought to be sanctions and any bank giving out online account opening without bvn ought to be totally locked

Can you imagine you little brain reasoning?
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2021
wislika2020:

Can you imagine you little brain reasoning?

Mr big brain of reasoning is it by Force to have same ideology with it.

I think I am entitled to my opinion simply share yours and moved on.

Fool
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by Kachi4christ(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2021
I agree with you but what of the fate of those who do legitimate business which the efcc wants to expose and tomorrow they will be arrested and tagged fraudsters, whether you provide any information it won't still matter because real fraudsters will always have a way of manipulation. Efcc should start by tracking bandits financial transactions this will save alot thank you.
expertman:

Banks like Access and FCMB ought to be sanctions and any bank giving out online account opening without bvn ought to be totally locked
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2021
Kachi4christ:
I agree with you but what of the fate of those who do legitimate business which the efcc wants to expose and tomorrow they will be arrested and tagged fraudsters, whether you provide any information it won't still matter because real fraudsters will always have a way of manipulation. Efcc should start by tracking bandits financial transactions this will save alot thank you.

You see the problem is not Efcc my brother the problem is the presidency itself .

The moment Efcc is independent functional arm of government thats when those rubbish will stop.

May Heavens heal our lands

1 Like

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by seyz91(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2021
cheesy
ValCon888:
Any bank that tries that stunt will go broke. Dem never see anything.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by seyz91(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2021
cheesy Abi na
hisexcellency34:
This new boy at EFCC and gra gra sef
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by seyz91(m): 10:51am On Aug 25, 2021
Nonsense talk!

Poverty mentality!
People like you deserve buhari as your president undecided undecided
expertman:

Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by expertman(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2021
seyz91:
Nonsense talk!

Poverty mentality!
People like you deserve buhari as your president undecided undecided

I am only entitled to my opinion I owe no one my opinion.

Thanks sir but I did be happy if you can help me out of poverty.

God bless you as you consider helping me but if you can't help then leave me alone.
Re: EFCC Urges Banks To ‘Query’ Customers’ Sources Of Income Before Opening Accounts by seyz91(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2021
cheesy
expertman:

I am only entitled to my opinion I owe no one my opinion.

Thanks sir but I did be happy if you can help me out of poverty.

God bless you as you consider helping me but if you can't help then leave me alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Colonel Abducted In Kaduna / 3 Nigerian Men Arrested In Cambodia For Illegal Activities / Prostitution: Ghana To Deport 25 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.