Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,417 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

Strive For Excellence (2) & How To Find Your Calling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strive For Excellence (2) & How To Find Your Calling (180 Views)

The Five Fold MINISTRIES :DISCERNING Your Calling By BURDENS / Make Your Calling and election Sure-2 Peter 1:10 / The Role Of Grace And Anointing In Your Calling And Ministry - Rom12:6. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strive For Excellence (2) & How To Find Your Calling by Btruth: 5:46am On Aug 25, 2021
Strive For Excellence (2)

Tue, 24 Aug 2021

‘That you may approve the things that are excellent.’ Philippians 1:10

Excellence requires two things: extra time and extra effort. It calls for going ‘above and beyond’ what is required of you by others, because you consider it a matter of character and integrity. Now we’re not talking about striving for perfection. That can drive you crazy, as well as everybody else around you. Perfectionism is based on self-centredness. It seeks approval and applause. Your goal should be to perform every assignment or endeavour as if God Himself required it of you and will be evaluating and rewarding your performance.

The old adage, ‘Out of sight, and out of mind,’ does not apply to God; He is mindful of your every activity. ‘Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.’ (Colossians 3:23–24 ESV) That means doing the best possible job, even when the boss is not around. And here’s an important thought: avoid people with poor work habits, or who pooh-pooh your efforts to be excellent. Do you really want to be like them? Are you achieving the kind of results in life that you desire for yourself?

If God is your heavenly Father, then you carry His name. ‘O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth.’ (Psalm 8:1 NKJV) Today pray: ‘Father, give me the desire for excellence in all my endeavours. Help me to live with a constant awareness of Your evaluating and loving eye, so that I may do everything as unto You and not unto man. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.’

How To Find Your Calling

Wed, 25 Aug 2021

‘Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul.’ Acts 13:2

The Bible says: ‘As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted… prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away.’ (Acts 13:2–3 NKJV) Notice three things:

(1) Barnabas and Saul were in church when God called them. And the Holy Spirit still speaks to us when we gather to pray, worship, and hear God’s Word. One reason we don’t have clear direction for our lives is because we aren’t in the place where God can speak to us objectively through His Word, and subjectively through His Spirit.

(2) Their calling was confirmed by proven leadership. Those who laid hands on Paul and Barnabas, confirming their calling, were leaders who took time to pray, fast, and seek God’s will. Such people are a gift. They won’t necessarily tell you what you want to hear, but they’ll tell you what you need to hear. They’ll counsel, correct, and comfort you when you need it, and confirm God’s will for you. So, do you have such relationships in your life? If not, get busy and find some.

(3) God doesn’t play hide-and-seek with His will for your life. God called Paul and Barnabas by name. Yes, He knows your name, where you live, and the circumstances you’re in. Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress (to hide it from the Midianites) and Peter was out fishing when God called them. Your lack of ‘ministry’ experience doesn’t limit God. That’s because He doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called. So wait on God, and when the time is right He will call you.
Re: Strive For Excellence (2) & How To Find Your Calling by orisa37: 6:18am On Aug 25, 2021
That's an Insight.

(1) (Reply)

My God, My Spouse! / Are You Someone That Is In Need To Buy A Home ? / Words Of Wisdom You Might Need To Refuel Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.