Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart (28167 Views)

Wizkid's 'made In Lagos' Hits One Billion Streams In Under One Year Of Release. / Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs / Burna Boy ‘African Giant’ Album Debuts At No. 13 On Billboard World Album Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Gfskw: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by goodheart02(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2021
Meedon:
Trashy Album as usual

9jarians artist can never come near this guy copying American style of music.

Check him out below....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRzwLi4eiY

You really want us to waste our data over that rubbish u posted there??

Wizkid is trash and he's being acclaimed as number one on charts. Yeye mmadu

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Vinnie2000(m): 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2021
FILEBE:
He has a very devout followership. Just like iphone fans. His fans are ready to do anything to get him up there. Apparently, he captured the heart of fans from his early music career. The girls first fell for the cute fine boy singing, it infected the boys then the men.

As a Wizkid fan, this your comment sweet my body Wella!!
Wizkid has the Most Loyal FanBase in the whole world!!
Even if he sing Rubbish, It's a Classic in our ears!! cheesy
Another is Tacha of BBN...Her fans can die for Her o. shocked

But for Davido!
His fans are Money-driven.. They only like him because of material things and Money he Flashes! sad

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Olamilekxy(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
princewarri1985:
Essence belong to TEMS, she singlehandedly killed that song wizkid and justin bieber verse is bullship. Tems hook and verse on the song is priceless. The song is currently my mom favourite

Yeah tems own the album.. MUMU.

no offense

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Olamilekxy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
Vinnie2000:

As a Wizkid fan, this your comment sweet my body Wella!!
Wizkid has the Most Loyal FanBase in the whole world!!
Even if he sing Rubbish, It's a Classic in our ears!! cheesy
Another is Tacha of BBN...Her fans can die for Her o. shocked

But for Davido!
His fans are Money-driven.. They only like him because of material things and Money he Flashes! sad

I was happy when I saw that too.

Love wiz pa. Try to watch some wiz interview

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Karleb(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
Essence is winning wizkid and Tems Grammy.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Karleb(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
Basic123:
Dont mind the dude,My own best in the Album is not even essence,mine are BLESSED,PIECE OF ME,TRUE LOVE AND GINGER

It was the hype that made me like essence this much.

Smile and Reckless are two of my favorites. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Theicecode(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2021
Nonybb:
Go to YouTube and the song is still as a miserable 24 million views. What is wrong with African songs and YouTube
Assuming it was a Latin song or American song, it would have made more than 100 million views, the weeknd save your tears made more than 50 million views in one month, same as Justin Bieber's peaches
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2021
Olamilekxy:

We are the same bro, I used to skip gyrate before, but now whenever I want to listen to the album I always start from gyrate. why isnt no stress on your list ?.. you even put true love last!!!!!! Why
True love was my favourite on the night the album dropped. Maybe I overplayed it, I don't know, but this is my current first 8. 'no stress' was always just there for me.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Olamilekxy(m): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2021
Leaforever:

True love was my favourite on the night the album dropped. Maybe I overplayed it, I don't know, but this is my current first 8. 'no stress' was always just there for me.

I feel Ginger, true love and reckless straight away at first hearing.

How about the deluxe?

Steady
Mood
Anoti

In that order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2021
Olamilekxy:

I feel Ginger, true love and reckless straight away at first hearing.

How about the deluxe?

Steady
Mood
Anoti

In that order
Yes. Steady is my favourite on dt. Beautiful and special like gyrate.

I can't get into 'anoti', sounds too much like soco & ghetto love dt I disliked. Soco was a hit but dt whole rhyme thing shldnt have bn repeated ever again in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Aidejay(m): 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bleep.
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Aidejay(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2021
Leaforever:

Lol, you are so wrong. Essence is not even in my top 6 songs on MIL. It's no 7. Some of us reviewed dt album when it came out dt it was his BEST WORK yet. Haters dt didn't even listen to it said no. He won the UK MOBOs and headies in December last year for it. The album was reviewed on all International music magazines in December as part of the BEST ALBUMS of 2020, even our Joey Akan in Nigeria here named it the best album of 2020.

That album has not left Apple Music top 100 WORLD Albums since it was released. In Nigeria here, since its release, it has not passed no6 on apple music and it regularly goes back to no1. It charted in over 50 countries (still charting). People stream it cos it's just sooooo chill and good.

And did U see d reaction to his tour. Dts how pple react to a solid album, not just a hit song. Na 1 song dem dey go hear for concert?? undecided. Wizkid Sold out New York in 22hrs (10k arena). Sold out O2 arena in 12mins (20k capacity) & will sell tickets again on sep2 for a second O2 arena show. So it will be 40k back to back. Unheard of. Meanwhile burna has not even sold his O2 tickets finish since March. Dts not a diss on burna though cos going to the arena is a feat in itself. Wizzys 2019 arena show wasn't sold out too. Im Just comparing the reaction now, to tell U it's because of his album.

When someone has a hit song and a bleh album, they only get sales for dt song, not the album. Like davido did wt 'fall' on his 'a good time' album. Fall went on to become a gold record in the US but the AGT album didn't even enter billboard 200, because all the other songs were bleh. This album debuted at No2 on billboard world, has stayed in the top 10 for 41 WEEKS!! And came back to no1 again.
It deserves all the success cos it's a damn good album.
I doubt that person you quoted with this understands any of this things you wrote. Sometimes you just leave people to marinate in their cognitive dissonance. Allow them.
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Aidejay(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2021
princewarri1985:
Essence belong to TEMS, she singlehandedly killed that song wizkid and justin bieber verse is bullship. Tems hook and verse on the song is priceless. The song is currently my mom favourite
her melody was amazing on that song.
But i hope you are listening to her EP and other tunes. Because this song is Wizkid's and there is nothing anybody can do to change that.
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Olamilekxy(m): 12:36am On Aug 28, 2021
Leaforever:

Yes. Steady is my favourite on dt. Beautiful and special like gyrate.

I can't get into 'anoti', sounds too much like soco & ghetto love dt I disliked. Soco was a hit but dt whole rhyme thing shldnt have bn repeated ever again in my opinion.

Yeah but wiz music do grow in someone. Low by larrygaga ft wiz didn't hit on me till after some months

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 28, 2021
Olamilekxy:

Yeah but wiz music do grow in someone. Low by larrygaga ft wiz didn't hit on me till after some months
Ur right about dt.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Aidejay(m): 6:10am On Aug 28, 2021
Nonybb:
Go to YouTube and the song is still as a miserable 24 million views. What is wrong with African songs and YouTube
But it has over 60 million on apple
And about 40 million on spotify.
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Aidejay(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2021
Greatzeus:
Some are born great( DJ Cuppy)
Some achieve greatness ( WizKid)
Some were born great and still achieved greatness (Davido)
so if your father is not rich you weren't born great?
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by Nonybb: 10:15am On Aug 28, 2021
Aidejay:

But it has over 60 million on apple
And about 40 million on spotify.

What is apple... Only on apple phones?
Re: Wizkid’s ‘made In Lagos’ Hits No. 1 On Billboard World Album Chart by aokpanefe: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Download Wizkid made in Lagos Dj mixtape

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahjs8t2y1enu0sw/Wizkid%20Made%20in%20Lagos%20Mixtape?dl=0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[hot Mixtape] Dj Spirit - The King Of The Streets Mix. (imole Mushin) / Video: Amarachi’s Dance - Amarachi(Nigeria's Got Talent Winner) / Portable Bags Golden Stars 'Artist Of The Year' Award, Vows To Win Grammy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.