Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) (82114 Views)

Tanzania Shuts Down 5 Hydroelectric Stations To Reduce Excess Electricity / Niger: Benin Republic Foreign Minister, Olushegun Pledges Support For ECOWAS / Storm Franklin: 400 Homes Evacuated And Train Stations Underwater In U.K. (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Geeman2006: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
ppogba:

There is a thin line between sarcasm and stupidity. Try and identify it.

Go through what you posted. Whatever you find sarcastic therein is enough to heal you of your delusions.

Throw more punches pleased

Did I quote you in the initial reply or are you now the spokesman! If you want to feel savage this evening, please be my guest! I Still don't have your prescription tho grin
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by descarado: 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Trademan:
Made in Nigeria, Selling fast in Benin Republic. grin grin
Nigeria don't refine petroleum

We import.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by smd837(m): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
OkuFaba:
Please whats your gender?
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Habib101: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
Theunbothered:

You believe this clowns stupid lie? grin
Haba I no fit easily believe na
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by houseontherock: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
Tyranny:
That's good, as long as he ain't kidnapping, sucking blood and all that shît, I think we're cool! My nigga always says "when life gives you lemon, make lemonade"
Directly or indirectly, we are paying for their fuel!
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
The smuggling is happening because fuel in Benin is more expensive than fuel in Nigeria...because fuel in Nigeria is subsidized

Removing subsides would end the smuggling. However, most Nigerians don't want subsidy removal...so the smuggling continues.

Modified

Keep in mind that fuel in Nigeria costs N163, while fuel in Benin costs the equivalent of N350 and above officially.

Thus, anyone smuggling fuel into Benin and selling it at N300 would make back his or her money, and even cover all his or her costs.

If subsidy went, sure we Nigerians would be paying N350 for fuel, or higher...but the smuggling will stop with immediate effect.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Geeman2006:

Did I quote you in the initial reply or are you now the spokesman! If you want to feel savage this evening, please be my guest! I Still don't have your prescription tho grin

Get more creative.
You don't over- use the same line when throwing banters. Are you not tired of this your prescription nonsense?
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Shellsploit: 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
And funny enough, those kegs of fuel stays outside frpm dusk till dawn. It does not get stolen. If na Nigeria, dem go move am sharply.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Geeman2006: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
ppogba:

Get more creative.
You don't over- use the same line when throwing banters. Are you not tired of this your prescription nonsense?

Guy! Fu*k off my mentions. Damn! I'm not the reason you having a bad day or think you can flex your Keyboard warrior skills on. Whatever the Fu*k I said I said. Comman beat me. Ah ah.

If you were cool enough to reply without the abuse, we would have had an adult conversation. But like most Nairalanders, everyone wanna vent their anger and frustration here on others. I ain't got time for this Sh*t. If your pissed at me for saying my mind, go Fu*k yourself. I don't give a sh"t. Hiss...
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by iamyemiakins(m): 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
That means someone can't smoke anyhow in this kinda place, na disaster be that!
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
Benin Republic has oil around it's border with Nigeria in Seme, but this rogue state called Nigeria annexed the area by shifting it's Seme border into Benin Republic. The present place where the Nigeria border in Seme is, wasn't it's original location and hundreds of millions of Nigerians who travel through that border will attest to this.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
travelwaka:
Crazy ,this is costing us billions yearly. If we can end this, It will save us billions yearly and it will cause a ripple economic problems in most west African states

We can stop it, but it involves the removal of subsides, and a rise in fuel prices to N300 and above. Which most Nigerians , regardless of party do not want.

GEJ tried it in 2012, and see where it got him. Some people are still cursing Buhari for raising fuel from N87 to N163, and for not giving them N40 per liter fuel.

It is our addiction for cheap fuel that is causing us to subsidse fuel for other African countries.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by OkuFaba(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
smd837:

Please whats your gender?
Hermaphrodite
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Ubanz: 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2021
10yrs ago I visited there and that's exactly their fuel station.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
Geeman2006:

Guy! Fu*k off my mentions. Damn! I'm not the reason you having a bad day or think you can flex your Keyboard warrior skills on. Whatever the Fu*k I said I said. Comman beat me. Ah ah.

If you were cool enough to reply without the abuse, we would have had an adult conversation. But like most Nairalanders, everyone one wanna vent their anger and frustration here on others. I ain't got time for this Sh*t. If your pissed at me for saying my mind, go Fu*k yourself. I don't give a sh"t. Hiss...

Kpele. Ndoo.

Good night and sleep tight.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Nigerian fuels smuggled across the porous Northern borders.

It isn't just across Northern borders...it is across Southern borders too.

When fuel is costing N163 here, and across the border it costs above N300 in all your neighbors (infact fuel is the cheapest here in the west African region, and apart from Angola and Algeria, in the whole of Africa)...smuggling is going to happen.

The alternative is removing fuel subsides...which most Nigerians do not want...or closing borders, which does not work, and which hampers business severely.

Also, the painful thing is we don't have refineries working well because thanks to decades of subsidy of fuel, refineres weren't allowed to become profitable because costs had to be kept down...so they all broke down...now we import, subsidse and sell to everyone and our neighb ours.

There is a reason why subsidy has to go...but the thing is, no one from Sokoto to Port Harcourt wants that.

Below is a map explaining what i mean, and how serious the problem is. (SAUCE)

Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
kachistone:
Imagine if Nigeria had functional refineries. At least, we will be the one's supplying Benin Republic petroleum products. And this will make the Naira valuable.

We cannot have functional refinereis because Nigerians want to buy fuel below its cost of production per liter...and want government to pay a subsidy that does not adequately cover the resulting loss to the petroleum industry

It is for that same reason that we have 20 inactive licenses for refineries in Nigeria because no private investor wants to come and refine and sell fuel at a loss. It is also the reason why NNPC refineries went bust in the first place.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Geeman2006: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
ppogba:

Kpele. Ndoo.

Good night and sleep tight.

Yeah, that's right! Whatever A**hole. Keep it moving.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ok. Now this is annoying, but what pisses me off the most is why the fuçk can't these people respect is for once? Once Nigeria starts to work, some of these countries will die like flies!
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by travelwaka: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
It will be hard but it's possible. However the decision will make life harder for Nigerians. The only way is if the Government can take the funds to increase minimum wage, then involve all the different labour in the process. They should also tell them the importance of this. But again it will really be hard on every one. The cost of everything will skyrocket. It's going to be tough.

Imagine increasing fuel cost and cost of power at the same time
Modrov:

We can stop it, but it involves the removal of subsides, and a rise in fuel prices to N300 and above. Which most Nigerians , regardless of party do not want.

GEJ tried it in 2012, and see where it got him. Some people are still cursing Buhari for raising fuel from N87 to N163, and for not giving them N40 per liter fuel.

It is our addiction for cheap fuel that is causing us to subsidse fuel for other African countries.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Enn214(m): 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Shebi dem been dey give una rice & okrika in exchange
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
Reminds me of filling stations here in the early 80s especially along gboko, ogoja axis.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Frezhkid10(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
otosa:
As he reduced the pains on Cement price?
..oga you can’t blame him for the price of cement…it’s the forces of demand that makes the price high…
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by int0x80(m): 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
That's a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by bayumyguy: 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
I laugh when I went there sometime last year I saw all those there local filling station
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by gentlebullet(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
travelwaka:
It's a sad story, you can imagine how many million litres of fuel meant for Nigerians leaving the Nigerian shore weekly

There are lots of Nigeria Customs officers from the rank of Superintendent and above who bank roll lots of so called gated communities/ estate in the south west of the country whose main source of cash is from petrol smuggling racket in Benin Republic.
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by SeaTrade(m): 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
billante:
What I see here is big opportunity for Nigeria

With the huge refining capacity Nigeria is currently building up with dangote, BUA, NNPC(TAM) and Modular refineries at different stages of completion,

They have a ready market for their products, all they have to do is wet the west and central Africa market with Oyel

The smugglers can knock themselves out with the excess product available,

Lots of direct and indirect jobs will come out of this and massive wealth for the owners

The only downside for Nigeria is that the market has to dictate the prices of the product, Subsidy has to go completely.
You think if they remove subsidy and let the market determine prices,you think people at Benin,Togo and Cameroun will buy Nigerian fuel? undecided
Ready market indeed.
You thinkvthose countries don't have refineries or don't import fuel too or what?
They simply prefer Nigeria fuel because it is cheaper for them to purchase due to subsidy,
Take that away and no one in those countries will touch low grade Nigeria petrol with a 10 foot pole.

1 Like

Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by SeaTrade(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
perambulator:

Forget about that, think of the billions we should be spending on roads schools, hospitals that goes into fuel subsidy only to subsidize petrol in Benin!!!

The whole of benin effectively runs on subsidised Nigerian petrol,

Watch the 1st few minutes of this video, it talks about the smuggled fuel from Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OfHGtSkZG8
Don't say what you don't know,
Those fuel are mostly consume in cities and towns close to Nigeria,not the whole Benin Republic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by frozen70(f): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
travelwaka:
I have visited the Republic of Benin a couple of times, one thing I noticed is the lack of filling stations across the nation. So I decided on my next visit, I will look out for fuel stations. One thing is obvious, at every corner of the country, there are black fuel marketers selling fuels in gallons along the street. This can be seen in almost every nook and cranny of this country.
On further enquiry, I discovered most of the fuel was smuggled from Nigeria. After spending three days in the city and driving several kilometres. Finally, I found only three fuel stations. Out of the three, only one of them had fuel. It is because people hardly buy fuel from filling stations. They prefer to buy from black marketers. You will hardly see cars pulling over at filling stations to purchase fuel. Other residents who do not buy the black market fuel would travel from the Republic of Benin towards Seme or Idiroko border in Nigeria to purchase fuel, then drive back to their country.

It got me thinking, how can a whole country run on illegal fuel trade? It is a story for another day.

The Facts
The majority of the fuel used in Benin is smuggled from Nigeria
There is an organized fuel smuggling cartel that runs the business from Nigeria all the way to Benin Republic.
Locals claim These trades are aided by the Nigerian customs, police and immigration officers stationed along that route. They pay bribes to be able to ship through the route. Also, the Nigerian borders are so porous, people also smuggle fuel through some illegal routes.
These illegal trades serve as a source of employment to thousands of Benin Republicans who engage in this trade.
Fuel in the Republic of Benin is more expensive than in Nigeria. Buying fuel in Nigerian is cheaper because the cost of petrol is subsidized by the Government.
The Benin Republic Government is turning a blind eye to this illegal trade. This illegal business serves as a source of livelihood to thousands of residents. Also, it does not have any negative economic implications on their economy. Benin is a poor country and since the government cant provide them jobs, they rather just let the trade continue
The smuggled fuel in Benin is between 20 to 40 per cent cheaper than the official pump price. This illegal trade didn’t start today, it has been ongoing for over 2 decades.

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/check-out-the-fuel-stations-in-benin-republic/

Funny enough, you won't hear of fire outbreak
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by Bngf: 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by VanuatuWycombe: 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lamasta:
They are fuel marketers grin Benin Chapter

Don’t belittle them. They are independent fuel marketers. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Fuel Stations In Benin Republic (Pictures) by porthouse7(f): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
travelwaka:
I have visited the Republic of Benin a couple of times, one thing I noticed is the lack of filling stations across the nation. So I decided on my next visit, I will look out for fuel stations. One thing is obvious, at every corner of the country, there are black fuel marketers selling fuels in gallons along the street. This can be seen in almost every nook and cranny of this country.
On further enquiry, I discovered most of the fuel was smuggled from Nigeria. After spending three days in the city and driving several kilometres. Finally, I found only three fuel stations. Out of the three, only one of them had fuel. It is because people hardly buy fuel from filling stations. They prefer to buy from black marketers. You will hardly see cars pulling over at filling stations to purchase fuel. Other residents who do not buy the black market fuel would travel from the Republic of Benin towards Seme or Idiroko border in Nigeria to purchase fuel, then drive back to their country.

It got me thinking, how can a whole country run on illegal fuel trade? It is a story for another day.

The Facts
The majority of the fuel used in Benin is smuggled from Nigeria
There is an organized fuel smuggling cartel that runs the business from Nigeria all the way to Benin Republic.
Locals claim These trades are aided by the Nigerian customs, police and immigration officers stationed along that route. They pay bribes to be able to ship through the route. Also, the Nigerian borders are so porous, people also smuggle fuel through some illegal routes.
These illegal trades serve as a source of employment to thousands of Benin Republicans who engage in this trade.
Fuel in the Republic of Benin is more expensive than in Nigeria. Buying fuel in Nigerian is cheaper because the cost of petrol is subsidized by the Government.
The Benin Republic Government is turning a blind eye to this illegal trade. This illegal business serves as a source of livelihood to thousands of residents. Also, it does not have any negative economic implications on their economy. Benin is a poor country and since the government cant provide them jobs, they rather just let the trade continue
The smuggled fuel in Benin is between 20 to 40 per cent cheaper than the official pump price. This illegal trade didn’t start today, it has been ongoing for over 2 decades.

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/check-out-the-fuel-stations-in-benin-republic/
u mean u can only see 3 filling stations? On d road leading to my service apartment I can count more than 8 Jehovah nisi filling station.... Bro lie small small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Sex With Dead Bodies – Sharkan Lucas, Mortuary Attendant / Trans, Jordan Gray Plays Piano With Her Penis, Insults God On Live TV In The UK / Pollution Dropped, Himalayas Visible In India After 30years From 125miles(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.