Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee (1990 Views)

Groom Shoots Friend On Wedding Day In US For 'Having An Affair With His Wife' / Man Attacks His Brother "For Having A Secret Affair With His Wife" In Abuja / South African Prison Warder Kills Herself As Love Affair With Inmate Was Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by tonyluyi1985: 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
A zoo in Antwerp, Belgium, has prohibited a woman from seeing her favourite chimpanzee because their relationship is interfering with the chimpanzee’s ability to bond with his fellow primates.

Adie Timmermans, a regular at the zoo's primate enclosure, was told this week by the Antwerp Zoo that she would be banned from seeing Chita, a 38-year-old chimpanzee she calls the apple of her eye.
I love that animal, and he loves me," Timmermans said to Belgian news channel ATV, adding she had been visiting Chita every week for four years.

Timmermans described her interactions with Chita as a "real relationship" and said her bond with the chimpanzee was like "having an affair."

She shared clips of herself pressed up against the glass of the monkey enclosure, "kissing" Chita through the glass and waving to him.

Timmermans says it isn't fair that she has been banned from seeing Chita, while scores of other people are allowed to. She said the chimp is "all" she has in her life.

"I haven't got anything else. Why do they want to take this away from me?" Timmermans told ATV tearfully. "Other dozens of visitors are allowed to make contact with Chita, but why not me?"

But Antwerp Zoo spokeswoman Sarah Lafaut, who manages the zoo's mammal collection, had a good reason for the ban.

"When Chita is constantly surrounded by visitors, the other animals ignore him and don't consider him part of the group," Lafaut told ATV.

Lafaut added that as a result of Chita's interactions with Timmermans and other human visitors, he spent all his time outside the zoo's opening hours sitting in isolation, completely shunned by the rest of the primate troupe.

"An animal that is too focused on humans is less respected by its peers," Lafaut said.

Source: https://theventrepublic.com/2021/08/25/why-a-woman-was-banned-from-the-zoo/
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Rikze: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Only in a white man's country
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by TarOrfeeek: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
This is why Nigerian small boys can scam them of large sums of money.

They are so damn lonely. And their stupid pride will not allow them submit to the already effeminate Western Men.

Such a tragedy

3 Likes

Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Sunnybay7: 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
This people problem different from our own, they are just crazy
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by paschal47(m): 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
The future is femail

tongue
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by BigRocky: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2021
Very soon she will get depressed and commit suicide,na so oyibo life reach.
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Terrencecoochie: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
Crazy
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Seniorwriter(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
The white female specie are a handful!
SMH @their men.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
Lol the Chimpanzee is being discriminated for forgetting it's roots
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by TheEnygma(m): 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
Exactly when I thought that I've seen it all... shocked
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Oyiboman69: 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
Finally,I have seen it all...
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by beautyhd: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
What a misleading headline.

Nigerian bloggers are............

1 Like

Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Sonnobax15(m): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2021
grin
Oh my God,na this kind clients dem slawormir and him co-criminals dey hustle to get online cheesy

Oyinbo women,they are a difference kinda specie entirely.... That's one reason why Yahoo will keep on booming because so long they keep on having fish brains,these street guys will keep on catching them via scam relationship hook lipsrsealed
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Cyphar(m): 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Abi the chimpanzee don back this one

Watin I know?
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by josh123(m): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
this one get luck say yahoo no catch am
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by Ayomi90: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
When they tell u the future is feeemale.
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2021
What kind of affair biko. Is it foreign affair or women affair?
The affair sef shock BuBu.
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by buchi4action(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fear who no fear women
Re: Woman Banned From Zoo After An Affair With A Chimpanzee by YungMillionaire: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2021
WTF?! I had to read the title TWICE!

(1) (Reply)

Tragic Death Of Popular Self-proclaimed Ritualist Died After Money Ritual Fail / No More Fat Cops As SA Signs Deals With Virgin Active & Planet Fitness (PICS) / NDLEA Arrests Grandma With Cocaine In Hair [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.