Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate (837 Views)

It's Totally Unacceptable For Ebonyi To Rank Third Poorest State - Prof. Odoh / Lautech Now Rank #4 Fourth-best Overall & #1 Best State University: NUC / Nigeria Overtakes Congo, Worst In Global Electricity Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Newphil: 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2021
Bloomberg reported on Tuesday that Nigeria has the third highest unemployment rate at 33.3 per cent, while South Africa has the highest rate among a list of 82 countries.
The report stated that South Africa’s unemployment rate rose to 34.4 per cent in the second quarter from 32.6 per cent, while Namibia has the second highest unemployment rate rises at 33.4 per cent.

According to the Bloomberg report, the median of three economists’ estimates in a survey was 33.2 per cent.

READ ALSO: Dangote Cement Issues Commercial Papers worth N450 billion in 3 Years

According to the expanded definition, unemployment includes people who were available for work but not looking for a job, rose to 44.4 per cent from 43.2 per cent in the first quarter.

Among the countries tracked by Bloomberg, the unemployment rate in South Africa is now the highest. However, the data from some of the nations could be outdated.

Unemployment data in South Africa is likely to deteriorate in the third quarter because of the government’s decision to prevent the third wave of COVID-19 infections, which is also hindering efforts to revive an economy that shrank 7 per cent last year.

The report added that rising joblessness rate could heap pressure on authorities to extend relief measures that would complicate efforts to stabilise public finances.

The report by Bloomberg also noted that there was an eruption of deadly riots in July in the Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal provinces, two key economic hubs, which claimed 354 lives and saw thousands of businesses looted and shuttered. The unrest cost the country about $3.3bn in lost output and placed at least 150,000 jobs at risk, according to the South African Property Owners Association.

It is worthy of note that the unemployment rate in Africa’s most-industrialised economy has been above 20 per cent for at least two decades, even though output expanded by five per cent or more a year in the early 2000s.

https://www.naijabusiness.com.ng/news/2021/nigeria-is-third-in-the-global-unemployment-rate/
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by inoki247: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2021
Work dey all doz N Power people nko...

And this present Govt give nothing less than 10 million job to people every year....

And Minister for finance dey always share money to the vulnerable monthly....

So na anoda Nigeria dem dey talk...
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by FarahAideed: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
I cried like a prophet here for years warning Nigerians that the man Buhari can never achieve anything positive for this country but slow NIGERIANs said they prefer him

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Masterkernel1: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2021
Congratulations to Buhari for adding another accolade to series of negative awards he's gotten since 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by CUBANAEZE: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2021
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by DankemzI(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
There's no work anymore, even people that have jobs are underemployed.
You hustle save money to start business, a fulani herding NEPA bill certificate holder will make policies that will ground your business !
After this government if Nigerians still collect them a cup of rice and 5k to vote I'll denounce this good for nothing country and agitate for Ibom Republic

God bless Ibom Republic

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Areola14(m): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2021
In the world now. Researchers don't need to do any research in Nigeria about anything bad. They should just place them between 1 to 3. The only good news we can hear is when we are rate no 3 in any bad things in the world, it gives us relief at least we have one or two in front of us.. if you say unemployment rate in south Africa is higher than Nigeria, but the standard of living over there is better than even Nigerians working... Terrorist we are there. Corruption we are at top three. Drug offense we are in top three, fraudulent act, we are in top three, human trafficking we are there, name it? The UN has the solution but wouldn't do it... Let everyone be!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by aycapri(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
OP,you sure say no be number 1 we dey. The rate high gan. God help us all
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by sim37(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
Why re they cheating us? na first we dey Carry for things like this
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Monogamy: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
undecided embarassed

Then wondering if there was no Covid relief grantsfrom this government, may be they would have ranked us at number zero to break new record..

Where are they getting their statistics from? Cos Africa countries that did not bother to give a single Covid grants to business owners in their countries have do many businesses closed down yet they are not in this list. How?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by internationalman(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
It's been raining since morning and potopoto just full everywhere..

If life is exam, Nigerians course is the hardest and as such the examiner (God) should please not use the same marking scheme he used for the rest of the world for Nigerians.. Cause we will all fail..

It's just not fair
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by AntiBMC(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2021
I doubt this report.

They should do the analysis very well, they must be mistaken. Nigeria ought to be number 1 on the list...as the clowntry with the highest unemployment rate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by vedaxcool(m): 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2021
[s]
FarahAideed:
I cried like a prophet here for years warning Nigerians that the man Buhari can never achieve anything positive for this country but slow NIGERIANs said they prefer him
[/s]

You did not have a job under Jonathan and now you don't have a job. The question is why? You prefer waiting for stipends to propagate hopelessness and lies instead of learning fish farming or liquid soap making. Now tell me who would you blame for unemployment?
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Edyice: 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
Just look at where your dullard Fulani government has brought the nation.

I know you lads will be proud ( terrorist )…. grin

Modsfucker thugthang ibkhaleel alimohammedibn falseprophet yarimo krismas and pricemajestic

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by FarahAideed: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

You did not have a job under Jonathan and now you don't have a job. The question is why? You prefer waiting for stipends to propagate hopelessness and lies instead of learning fish farming or liquid soap making. Now tell me who would you blame for unemployment?

Successful business owner under Jonathan . people like me don't look for jobs we create them
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by modsfucker: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2021
Edyice:

Just look at where your dullard Fulani government has brought the nation.

I know you lads will be proud ( terrorist )…. grin

Modsfucker thugthang ibkhaleel alimohammedibn falseprophet yarimo krismas and pricemajestic

Never mention me in your life if you have nothing meaningful to say... I don't bloody care about Buhari or what he stands for, same way I don't do petty arguments... I only stand for common sense and logical reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by vedaxcool(m): 6:28am On Aug 27, 2021
[s]
FarahAideed:

Successful business owner under Jonathan . people like me don't look for jobs we create them
[/s]

Mr man better learn a skill like liquid soap making. Following politicians to make noise is not a way to live.
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Ovamboland(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

Is crying on nairaland not your main job like this?
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by FarahAideed: 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
Ovamboland:

Is crying on nairaland not your main job like this?
Maybe
Re: Nigeria Now Rank Third In Global Unemployment Rate by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sai baba

Bunch of illiterates

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Visit: What I Ordered And What I Got. / Ensure Nnamdi Kanu Is In Court Thursday, Ohanaeze Tells FG / 25-year-old Suleiman Muhammad Emerges PDP National Youth Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.