Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award (33085 Views)

Nominees Revealed For 2020/21 UEFA Player Of The Year Awards / Akwa United Wins 2020/2021 NPFL Title / David Bamasai Tumo wins 2020 Lagos City Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
Chijeep:
IF YOU'RE AMONG THOSE SAYING THAT JORGINHO WILL WIN THE BALLOON D'OR BECAUSE OF THESE THEN THAT YOUR DREAM STILL DEY GEAR 1 AND YOU DEY GO GEAR 22.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHY FIFA IS CALLED PDP

sad

there is no pdp, apc here, if he wins he would have deserved it (especially with more trophies to play for) and if another player is given we would see reason why the other player won.

1 Like

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by blinking001(m): 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
Humanoid01:

Go collect the award from him if you can na. Hater!
Blueivy leave me alone.
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Humanoid01(m): 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Blueivy leave me alone.
Stop being paranoid, I'm not whoever you think I am.
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by adenigga(m): 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2021
heiindway:
Up blues

My person......

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2021
Soulvein:
Same Jorginho that passes the ball sideways and backwards? Slows down the tempo of the game and appears clueless when his teammates expect the ball in the final third of the opponents. I learnt Thomas Tuchel has helped him to be a better player and he now passes forward and into the final third more often than he used to. Congrats to him anyways. I am not being a hater, just pointing out what most football fans already know about the young man as far as English Premier league is concerned.
Kante should have gotten the award instead.

players don't have to possess the same style and euro 2020 boosted his chances /worked in his favour.

2 Likes

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by ShedrachU(m): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2021
I predicted this before now.

Now call me to see your future grin
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by blinking001(m): 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2021
Humanoid01:

Stop being paranoid, I'm not whoever you think I am.
Okay.
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
etinanguy:
Make we keep inferiority complex aside, this jorginho no play pass Ndidi, na just opportunity say him dey chelsea and italian team also has better players around him. If Ndidi na England him from, Ndidi for der chelsea, man utd, liverpool, or mancity, and e for get comfam first shirt for England team, and who knows they for follow nominate am join.

U can take that to the bank.

if Ndidi is fortunate enough then he will win.
is not always about the the most talented since talents abound everywhere even in turkish league or dutch league but it is talent meet fortune.
understand that.

1 Like

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by MightySparrow: 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
dirtydiva:
Manchester City sorry ooo grin grin grin

No man in the city
Chelsea won all: D Bryune, Kante, Joginhno are all Chelsea stars. Chelsea owns England, rules Europe.

1 Like

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Elderkanmi170(m): 10:03pm On Aug 26, 2021
Chijeep:
IF YOU'RE AMONG THOSE SAYING THAT JORGINHO WILL WIN THE BALLOON D'OR BECAUSE OF THESE THEN THAT YOUR DREAM STILL DEY GEAR 1 AND YOU DEY GO GEAR 22.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHY FIFA IS CALLED PDP

sad
Balloons n D'OR award by an organization in france and is different from fifa world player of the year

2 Likes

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by fredoooooo: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2021
maxChibuzOr:
This has to be a joke, such a passive player SMH

There's more to fooball than just dribbling and scoring goals....

2 Likes

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Omik1: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2021
Vipro:
The winner doesn't.

When the award hasn't lost it's credibility,someone like jorginho was just like Or not even up to the 2012 Mikel Obi.

Mikel Obi should have won it also

It's true anyways.. but you could see that there were more players in form during that year and most of the in- form players made it to the final end of the competitors..

Look at the year which lampard came second on baloon d'or
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2021
Anikulhapo:

Messi didn't play in Euros and still came 4th, dey use your brain sometimes

Is 4th place an award?

Who cares if he didn't play Euros?
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Faber(m): 10:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
etinanguy:
Make we keep inferiority complex aside, this jorginho no play pass Ndidi, na just opportunity say him dey chelsea and italian team also has better players around him. If Ndidi na England him from, Ndidi for der chelsea, man utd, liverpool, or mancity, and e for get comfam first shirt for England team, and who knows they for follow nominate am join.

U can take that to the bank.

CAF got her own Awards, Ndidi can win CAF awards. This one is EUFA, meant for Europeans. Vote for Ndidi during CAF nominations.

See no be everything we must complain about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by olamakinde(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2021
Soulvein:

Kante should have gotten the award instead.
Jorginho deserves it more, winning both the champions league and Euro cup no be beans

3 Likes

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2021
Anikulhapo:
How low has the award fallen!!
it hasn't fallen any low!
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Broveens42(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

CAF got her own Awards, Ndidi can win CAF awards. This one is EUFA, meant for Europeans. Vote for Ndidi during CAF nominations.

Lol.
Ndidi would not even win a CAF award.
There is more to football. If he was that extraordinary, big clubs would break the bank for him

3 Likes

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by MhiztaFrank(m): 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
Up Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
maxChibuzOr:
This has to be a joke, such a passive player SMH

a player should be honoured if he is fortunate enough regardless of his style of play.
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Overated piece of shit.
he is calm, efficient and fortunate.
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
Pweetiedude:
It has lost its value
when and how? it hasn't lost anything!
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2021
FamTomx2:
undecided
And yet he is quite unknown..
UEFA awards has gone to the dogs.
well deserved.
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by FahBuLous: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
Jorginho just get luck o... Nothing were him play sef
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2021
Thetruthshallse:
This man here is the next ballon dor winner. By the way Chelsea fc sucks.

Chelsea fc rock!
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
Yungmil:
Going by the recent shortlist of the UEFA best player of the year for 2021, with names like Jorginho kante and debruyne being mentioned I think football has lost it class.

Football has lost it bite.

Look at the class of players being nominated for such a prestigious award.

Back in the days of maldini,pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, messi, zidane, Rivaldo, pirlo,Cannavaro, Arjen robben, Roberto carlos, ronado delima and ronaldinho, where you will see world class players, who will be mentioning debruyne, kante and jorginho?

With the exodus of messi and Ronaldo I wonder if football can produce players that can fit in their shoe!!!

the 3 nominated players are good players in their own right.

players go, players come, football continues who would have thought there would be ronaldinho after ronaldo de lima or messi after maradona? great players will still emerge post ronaldo, messi, the talent belongs to the world. today's players just need discipline.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by MisfitHPG: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
obembet:
I hope they won't rob this guy to that dwarf gays they do Westley
an illiterate is disgusting in composition and in thought,you are a dirty useless garage tout who has rejected civilization and education,I spit on you,dirty thing

1 Like

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by sevo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Congratulations...
But kevin debruyne deserve this shit

Penaldo is no where to be found

Messi is found to be no where.... Too much sense wee nor kee me!!!
Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2021
Vipro:
The winner doesn't.

When the award hasn't lost it's credibility,someone like jorginho was just like Or not even up to the 2012 Mikel Obi.

Mikel Obi should have won it also

the winner deserves it! When did the award lose it's credibility? u will say this year.
then you can give it to messi, lewandoski, haaland, neymar, ronaldo or mbape for the award to gain it's credibility, because they are flamboyant and goal scorers.
so no any other player from different department should win it? be more analytical!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by iezeiyida(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2021
hybridblood07:
I believe Kante deserve the award ahead of jorginho

Ignorant believe! You don't know about who best to win prestigious football awards than the world professional coaches and journalists that voted.. Kante's impact on the pitch for Chelsea and France is greater, but Jorginho also performed remarkably well for Chelsea and Italy, and won two big European trophy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by Librason: 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2021
Faber:

"is meant for europeans" NO!

"is meant for all players playing in europe" YES!

"Organized by europeans?" YES!

1 Like

Re: Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award by hybridblood07(m): 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
So, Jorginho played better than Kante throughout last season?
iezeiyida:

Ignorant believe! You don't know about who best to win prestigious football awards than the world professional coaches and journalists that voted.. Kante's impact on the pitch for Chelsea and France is greater, but Jorginho also performed remarkably well for Chelsea and Italy, and won two big European trophy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adebayo Akinfenwa Becomes First Player To Receive 100-rated FIFA Card / Pep Guardiola Reveals What Will Happen If Man City Fail To Win Champions League / Ali Daei Hopes Ronaldo Can Break His Goals Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.