Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award (1369 Views)

Manchester City Beat Sevilla on Penalties To Win Uefa Super Cup / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
Chelsea and Italy midfielder Jorginho has been named Uefa men's Player of the Year 2020-21.

Jorginho, 29, beat Blues team-mate N'Golo Kante and Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne to the top award.

Thomas Tuchel took the men's coach of the year award after guiding Chelsea to triumph in the Champions League.

There were further awards for Chelsea as Kante was named the midfielder of the year and Eduoard Mendy claimed the goalkeeper of the year prize.

Chelsea dominate individual awards

Jorginho played 56 times for club and country last season and scored nine goals, winning the Champions League with Chelsea and the European Championship with Italy.

He started the new season by claiming a third Uefa trophy of the year when Tuchel's side lifted the Super Cup in Belfast.

Chelsea team-mate Edouard Mendy was named goalkeeper of the year after keeping nine clean sheets during the run to lifting the Champions League and France's Kante was named midfielder of the year.

Manchester City's Ruben Dias was named defender of the year after helping the club to their first Champions League final in his debut season with them.

Blues boss Tuchel was named men's coach of the year after guiding his side to victory over Manchester City in Porto just four months after replacing Frank Lampard as manager.

Men's Uefa awards

Player of the year - Jorginho (Chelsea)

Coach of the year - Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea)

Goalkeeper of the year - Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)

Defender of the year - Ruben Dias (Manchester City)

Midfielder of the year - N'Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Forward of the year - Erling Braut Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)

President's award - Denmark captain Simon Kjaer and the medical team that saved Christian Eriksen's life at Euro 2020.

Women's Uefa awards

Player of the year - Alexia Putellas (Barcelona)

Coach of the year - Lluis Cortes (Barcelona)

Goalkeeper of the year - Sandra Panos (Barcelona)

Defender of the year - Irene Paredes (PSG)

Midfielder of the year - Alexia Putellas (Barcelona)

Forward of the year - Jennifer Hermoso (Barcelona)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58346919

Mukina2.
Dominique.
Mynd44.
Seun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Lamasta(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2021
Congratulations to all the winners most especially at Ruben Dias am really happy for you....From all of us at Manchester City we say congratulations
to Jorginho he was fantastic at the UCL and Euro its an award well deserved and to Tuchel too he is lucky I must say from being a finalist with PSG and becoming a winner with Chelsea the following season he really deserved the award.....Congrats to all the winners cool

1 Like

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
Oan.......

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Group stage draw in full:

Group A: Manchester City, Paris St-Germain, RB Leipzig, Club Bruges

Group B: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan

Group C: Sporting Lisbon, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Besiktas

Group D: Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sheriff Tiraspol

Group E: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Dynamo Kyiv

Group F: Villarreal, Manchester United, Atalanta, Young Boys

Group G: Lille, Sevilla, FC Salzburg, Wolfsburg

Group H: Chelsea, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, Malmo

This year's Champions League final takes place at the St Petersburg Stadium in Russia on Saturday, 28 May.

2 Likes

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Great100000: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
He deserved it, Congrats to him.

UEFA Champions League Winner.

Euro 2020 Winner.

UEFA Super Cup Winner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
Am happy and sad at the same time,I will love ngolo kante to win it,but it a win win for we chelsea fans.meanwhile this is the new kit for all arsenal supporters. And I pray for all nairalanders may our goals never be useless as Bruno fenando's goals in Life

2 Likes

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Maxymilliano(m): 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2021
I would have prefer Kevin De Buryne but happy for Jorginho

Congratulations to Chelsea and Atalanta football club
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by insidelife22(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2021
person no go here word again.
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by temitope27(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2021
Not Worth it, but congrats
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by temitope27(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I would have prefer Kevin De Buryne but happy for Jorginho

Congratulations to Chelsea and Atalanta football club
de bryne ke, what of kante

1 Like

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by temitope27(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2021
insidelife22:
person no go here word again.
u can go and block ur ear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by obi4eze(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hope your darling Daddybis responsible undecided
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by bakynes(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
temitope27:
Exactly he doesnt deserve the award, he was just lucky to be in a Chelsea and Italian side. He was not pivotal to both team winning both the UCL and the Euros. He is not a player that stands out in a match, he just does the basic things just an average midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Ifybwoy7: 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
though i wanted kante to win it. its all love with Georgy winning it. Chelsea for life
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by paulolee(m): 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
well deserved bt if na me, I go Gv kante...Jorginho won it bcox of euros
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by paulolee(m): 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
temitope27:
I swear. .d gee jus get luck say him de both winning sides.. kante deserve am pass this gee
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by SEGLIZ: 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2021
UP BLUES

everywhere is gone blue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by kenzysmith: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2021
A
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Ballon d'or loading for him
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2021
Hotswagg12 I Don know y they day spam me they say I the advertise 4 wrong place but check my signature the link day there And Angelfrost lalasticlala Ray07 fergie001 N2B2 mannbqgrills u guys to are d main reason I joined nairaland bcoz of ur football contribution pls pls and pls am begging u to check my signature and join dis forum pls do so
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Emmypure: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2021
I waiting for the person that will comment that he didn't deserve it.
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Humanoid01(m): 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2021
All of you saying he doesn't deserve it, make una go collect the award from am na.
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by myfameblog(f): 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2021
SEVILLA SIGN THOMAS DELANEY FROM DORTMUND.

— Sevilla have signed Denmark midfielder Thomas Delaney from Borussia Dortmund.

— The Danish midfielder joins Sevilla on a four-year contract at an Undisclosed fee.

— Delaney, who spent 3 years at Dortmund is Sevilla’s sixth signing this summer.

Spanish club Sevilla have signed Midfielder Thomas Delaney from German Bundesliga team Borussia Dortmund on a four-year contract, at an Undisclosed fee for the 29-year-old. The 1945-1946 LaLiga champions have won the Europa League Six times in the last 15years. However they’re looking to strengthen their side and end their long wait for the League Title.

Thomas Delaney played 88 matches in all competitions in his 3 year stint at Dortmund, after joining them from Werder Bremen. He helped the black and yellows win the German Cup and German Super Cup.

See More Here: https://sportnews.betguiders.com/sevilla-sign-thomas-delaney-from-dortmund/
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by myfameblog(f): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2021
PEP GUARDIOLA SET TO PURSUE INTERNATIONAL DREAMS AFTER CITY CONTRACT EXPIRES.

Soccer
Olympics
Basketball
Boxing
Tennis
Cricket
Golf
Hockey
American Football
Nigerian League
Motosrport
Go to Home
Skip to content

Soccer
PEP GUARDIOLA SET TO PURSUE INTERNATIONAL DREAMS AFTER CITY CONTRACT EXPIRES
August 26, 2021 0 Comments Pep Guardiola Contract extension Manchester City
–Guardiola not planning to extend contract with city when his contract expires at the end of next season.

–Guardiola talks down possibilities of succeeding Tite as Brazil Head Coach despite desire to manage a National team.

–Pep concludes it would be unfair to compare the current Brazil squad with the Pele’s dispensation.

Pep Guardiola set to pursue his dreams, as he announced his intention to take on a National team challenge when his contract expires at the end of next season.

Guardiola who is now in the penultimate year of his deal at the Etihad Stadium, where he has been in charge since July 2016.

After replacing Manuel Pellegrini at the helm, the former Barcelona boss has a cabinet full of titles as he had won three Premier League titles, four EFL Cups and the FA Cup during his tenure with the Citizens.

Read More Here: https://sportnews.betguiders.com/pep-guardiola-set-to-pursue-international-dreams-after-city-contract-expires/
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by hotswagg12: 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
Enoch3721:
Hotswagg12 I Don know y they day spam me they say I the advertise 4 wrong place but check my signature the link day there And Angelfrost lalasticlala Ray07 fergie001 N2B2 mannbqgrills u guys to are d main reason I joined nairaland bcoz of ur football contribution pls pls and pls am begging u to check my signature and join dis forum pls do so
maybe its because of the advert placement and besides when posting a topic don't mention any moniker again to stop the spam from placing ban on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 28, 2021
hotswagg12:
maybe its because of the advert placement and besides when posting a topic don't mention any moniker again to stop the spam from placing ban on you.
noted you've not registered why it is available in freebasics ooo and who is a moniker
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2021
Enoch3721:
Angelfrost lalasticlala Ray07 fergie001 N2B2 mannbqgrills pls register guys pls na
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Ray07(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2021
Enoch3721:

Angelfrost lalasticlala Ray07 fergie001 N2B2 mannbqgrills pls register guys pls na
Calm down, I have registered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by hotswagg12: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
Enoch3721:
noted you've not registered why it is available in freebasics ooo and who is a moniker
a moniker is your nairaland user name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
hotswagg12:
Kk but you still have not registered
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ray07:
Calm down, I have registered.
thanks but Wat is ur username
Re: Jorginho: Chelsea Midfielder Win Uefa Men's Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
hotswagg12:
My name there remain d same just registered I I've noted ur point or explanation

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Unlimited Internet Access / Messi Playing Football With Jesus – Maradona ! / Wife's Voodoo Destroyed Ghana's Goalkeeper's(richard Kingson) Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.