Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners (6683 Views)

FG Grants MDAs Access To TSA As Transfers Hit N2.9tn / FG Grants Kaduna Container Depot Port Status / Nigeria Grants Citizenship To 174 Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Btzzk: 1:08am On May 21, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011

FG grants citizenship to 92 foreigners

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

No fewer than 92 foreigners received their certificates of citizenship from President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja on Thursday.

advertisement

The new citizens included nationals of Lebanon, United Kingdom, Canada, Niger, India, Italy, Philippine, Venezuela, Moroco and so on.

Speaking at the presentation ceremony, the President stated that the beneficiaries had met all the prescribed administrative and constitutional requirements before their application for citizenship was granted.

He said foreigners could be granted Nigerian citizenship either by registration or naturalization if they had resided in the country for at least 15 years and had satisfied the Federal Executive Council that they were of good character, of full age and have contributed or are contributing meaningfully to the development of their community.

Jonathan, who was represented by the Minister of Interior and Labour, Chief Emeka Wogu, stated that the awardees had proved beyond doubt that they were equal to the task of contributing to the growth of the nation.

He tasked the awardees as new citizens, to abide by the nation's ideals and to obey all legitimate authorities and make positive contributions to the advancement of their communities.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Alhaji Saidu Ozigis, said the grant of citizenship was a constitutional provision to honour deserving foreigners in consonance with the Citizenship Ordinance of 1960; Citizenship Act of 1961; Chapter II of the 1963 constitution, the constitution Suspension and Amendment Decree No. 33 of 1974 and Chapter III of 1979 and 1999 constitution respectively.

He explained that the award of citizenship to the foreigners was a testimony of the administration's belief in globalisation which according to him, has broken down national boundaries through the constant movement of persons and interaction on an unprecedented scale.

Can someone enlighten me here, did our government system so good that someone still find Nigeria so fascinating and they want to become Nigeria citizen or are they kidding me or something. I am looking for someone that will buy my own citizen. I think govt suppose to arrest anyone that apply to be a Nigeria citizen, and jail them. Don’t you guy understand their motive already  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by oge4real(f): 12:26pm On May 21, 2011
^^^the fact that you lost your patroitism does not deny the visible improvement Nigeria is making.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 21, 2011
dats cool
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by titsqueez(m): 12:29pm On May 21, 2011
lol I no fit laugh. . . wetin Italian man dey find with Naija passport abi Edo girls don stop to dey go Italy
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by dustydee: 12:31pm On May 21, 2011
wow! a canadian? Lebanese I understand alot of them apply for citizenship.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 21, 2011
oge4real:

^^^the fact that you lost your patroitism does not deny the visible improvement Nigeria is making.

na u dey outback?
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by executinal(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2011
Good one cheesy
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by abhosts(m): 12:36pm On May 21, 2011
The only people that do not know the value of Nigeria are Nigerians. As far as I am concerned, no place sweet like Naija.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by 9ja4eva: 12:38pm On May 21, 2011
@abhosts

GBAM
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by duduspace(m): 12:39pm On May 21, 2011
Well, economic reasons might be the main migration driver but these chaps have clearly shown that there are other equally compelling reasons. Congratulations to my new dear country men.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 21, 2011
interesting

but why is GEJ doing the honours and not a minister or PS/Director
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by mixxi07: 12:41pm On May 21, 2011
coolit a good tin for nijja dt oda nationels seek our green white green passport.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by verichima: 12:47pm On May 21, 2011
Bulk sms Marketing/advertising for as low as N0.98k Visit www.tradeonlineng.com
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by zstranger: 12:57pm On May 21, 2011
abhosts:

The only people that do not know the value of Nigeria are Nigerians. As far as I am concerned, no place sweet like Naija.

God Bless Nigeria

Well ignorance is bliss.

It is not as if you will turn down the opportunity to go obodo oyinbo.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by duduspace(m): 1:01pm On May 21, 2011
MrPrsdent:

interesting

Maybe becos he is as surprised as some folks here and wants to see with his own eyes to be sure some people are not just using it as another opportunity to embezzle money. grin grin grin
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by endmoll(m): 1:03pm On May 21, 2011
Wonders shall shall never cease to happen. I will be granted Afghanistan citizenship very soon.
Congratulations to the new Nigerians and welcome to hell fire. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 21, 2011
Can they contest for governorship elections now?
Since they have been naturalised. . .
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 21, 2011
endmoll:

Wonders shall shall never cease to happen. I will be granted Afghanistan citizenship very soon.
Congratulations to the new Nigerians and welcome to hell fire. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria ain't hell to everyone
One man's heaven is another man's hell tongue
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by KnowAll(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezDcc-RrINg

Maybe the italians are these suya eating Italians.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by 190: 1:21pm On May 21, 2011
tit_squeez:

lol I no fit laugh. . . wetin Italian man dey find with Naija passport abi Edo girls don stop to dey go Italy

[size=48pt]FALLS DOWN FROM BED!![/size]
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Papilo87(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2011
MrPrsdent:

interesting

Pay more attention to articles. It says President Jonathan who was represented by Chief Emeka Wogu, Minister of Labour and Interior
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by ak47mann(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2011
tit_squeez:

abioooo  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy they prefer the ones at home cus they dont finish the ones in italo tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by etchel(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2011
will they grant us citizenship 2 if we were in their country?
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2011
abhosts:

God Bless Nigeria
nobody hate Nigeria, rather the mismanagement by our government to handle or take care of us very well
1. the killing of Christians and Corpers when government didn't work in their favor
2. where economy is good only in the eye of our 'dear' leaders
3. no good, water,good educational system,security is 0.0000000 failure,light 'na take it as u see am'
4. mainly base on im ie ima mmadu (know me i know you)
and ur here saying Nigeria is the sweetest place,let them give you free visa and see what will happen. we are pretending to like this 'unprotected place' called Nigeria simply because we don't have choice!!!!!
all these Foreigners (even Togo are foreigners) has their personal plan to come down here, grin the cheapest place to HELL Fire!!!! grin to join their people in exploiting our resources.
i am praying for Nigeria even when l'm sleeping
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by johnjoel(m): 2:04pm On May 21, 2011
who say oyibo no dey hustle for naija.well good una welcome
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Texther(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2011
Abeg can GEJ exchange d citizenship of dat UK guy wit mine. Make me go claim his citizenship for UK and him go rot here in Nigeria
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Texther(m): 2:20pm On May 21, 2011
donspony:

Can they contest for governorship elections now?
Since they have been naturalised. . .

No one can contest according 2 d naija constitution. Only those who are citizen by birth can contest.
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by deoyel25(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2011
This is just a distraction. How has that changed the life of other 160 million citizens?
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by Jollyzone(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2011
Hahaha lol! This hilarious!, However, it's overwhelming. grin
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by kapitan: 4:01pm On May 21, 2011
Abegee, all na professor smart moves jarey! the more u see the less you understand, do they really need citizenship to be treated higher than a Nigerian self? mntchewwwww, angry
Re: Fg Grants Citizenship To 92 Foreigners by OmoTier1(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2011
As someone already puts it, it's only nigerians that o not know the value of nigeria!

Remember in 2007 when I visited the Nigerian House in London, I was amazed to see the number of Europeans and Brits who were making applications for right of abode in Nigeria.

The world is now a global village and I hope we Nigerians are prepared to welcome as many who will be making Nigeria thier home in the very near future!

Let me use this avenue to say WELCOME to our beloved country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Pledges N1billion To States Worst-hit By Boko Haram / How APC Dealt With PDP In Rivers East Senatorial Zone / Why Do Some People Think Gtbank Will Lose And They Have Monopoly To Boycott.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.