Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,448 members, 7,861,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Jorginho Crowned Uefa's Player Of The Year After Winning The Champions League Wi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorginho Crowned Uefa's Player Of The Year After Winning The Champions League Wi (202 Views)

Nominees Revealed For 2020/21 UEFA Player Of The Year Awards / Update!! Liverpool Crowned UEFA Champions 2018/2019 Season / Chelsea Sign Jorginho On A Five-year Deal From Napoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jorginho Crowned Uefa's Player Of The Year After Winning The Champions League Wi by IN5IGHTblog: 1:37am On Aug 27, 2021
Jorginho crowned UEFA

Jorginho has been crowned UEFA's Player of the Year following his double European triumph.

The 29-year-old Italian midfielder won the Champions League final with Chelsea before helping Italy to Euro glory as they became Euro 2020 champions.

And on Thursday, August 26, he completed a hat-trick of accolades as he was crowned UEFA's best player of last season.

The midfielder beat Chelsea team-mate N'Golo Kante and Manchester City playmaker Kevin De Bruyne to the top prize.

Chelsea's No 5's big moment was officially announced during Thursday's Champions League group-stage draw.

Jorginho said: 'I've very sorry I can't be there at his important moment due to the restrictions but I wanted to say that I'm very happy with this award.

'I would like to say thank to you all the people who made their contribution to making this happen, a big thanks from the heart to all the people who helped me on this journey, from family to friends, to the supporters and my teammates and to people who didn't believe in me.

'They motivated me to work even more so thanks to them as well. I've very happy, a hug to everybody.'

Jorginho, Kante, and De Bruyne had made the final three-man shortlist ahead of the likes of Lionel Messi and Robert Lewandowski.
https://in5ightblog..com/

(1) (Reply)

Wolves 0 - 1 Manchester United (full Time) / Arsenal Must Sack Arteta Now / Big Congratulations To Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.