Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? (7524 Views)

it's Not Too Late For Val Gifts. Order Now! / Five Things You Should Do If You're Late For A Job Interview In Nigeria / A Job Interview@ LASACO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Lanesra(f): 11:49am On Aug 27, 2021
I had an interview this morning but the traffic was crazy. I got to the interview 30 minutes late, and now I’m a bit scared.
If you’ve ever been late for a job interview, what were the consequences? Did you still get the job?

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by hakeem4(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
Well, I’ve not been late for an interview before. But I have a friend who was late for his.

All through the night he was playing F.M (football manager) so he woke up late. Unfortunately for him. He wasn’t allowed to partake in the interview

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by rastaLivity: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
Never been late though, but thank God I never got that job after the interview_ I couldn’t have been on my current job.
To every job seekers out there, God Isn’t finished with you yet

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
If you have a job interview at (let's say) Yaba & you're still held up in Ikeja traffic, na to start praying o.

6 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by ishowlekon(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes,
Relax your mind.
Then
Pray for Gods favour.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by The5DME(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes; and it's not such a big deal, so you don't need to be scared since most Nigerian companies don't keep to their interview time. An interview might be slated for 10am while the person who'll conduct the interview never comot from house by 11am sef.

15 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Dayonsky(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2021
Just calm down, so far they allow you enter, just lock up and incase them ask tell them the reason but just focus since you don reach already

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by bigdammyj: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
Noted

But no
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
We have read countless times about how many applicants stopped on the way to their interview to help a Madam or Oga fixed their flat tire and they got late to the interview,

But,, Lo and behold, the Boss of the company happens to be the person they helped changing their Flat tire on the way!!!
And as they say : the rest is history!

Change a Flat Tire For someone today,
You never can tell.

God bless our motivational speaker biko! wink

Who has also read/heard this story in the past?!

Churchill6767:
Omo..that story don cast..
Lol cheesy.
U sef don hear am before.
Nollywood tins.

It's good to be good anyways,
You never can tell.
Na d only tin we deduce from that fable be dat.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by iamoyindamola(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lol well well grin grin grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by kaptaneSaka(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
If you late to any interview, it means you're not ready because that's the first test.. PUNCTUALITY.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by onoms4luv(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
It's well with you.

But the way the country dey so. Una still dey go physical interview.

Me::: Any interview when nor be online, I nor do. If at all say I like do interview.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by ProfGday(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes I did..

I walked in like I own the company, and why shouldn't I ? ...cause before I arrived here I've been kept waiting by many organizations with their motherfurking slogan "we shall get back to you".

The kind of boldface I entered with amazed the people who organized the interviews self.... No time to lick anybody azz.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by ipobarethieves: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
sad African time/mentality.Imagine u have Interview at 9 and u wake up at 7.Ur enemies are behind it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Seniorwriter(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
Reason online/remote job is bae.....it is never associated with such....however to keep client's trust and create referrers one need to deliver quality jobs on time.

In another news if you have access to internet + browsing gadgets but you ain't earning with your online/browsing activities then don't be unwise kindly reach out via the facebook Id to know if you have something that can help you earn online for a token mentorship of $20.....ill charge for two reasons ;
# To enact seriousness on your part
# The certainty of the fact that you'll start earning after @least 4weeks of mentorship as long as you are diligent and follow tasks given to you.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Mr2019(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:
I had an interview this morning but the traffic was crazy. I got to the interview 30 minutes late, and now I’m a bit scared.
If you’ve ever been late for a job interview, what were the consequences? Did you still get the job?

Wetin you need na grace
I hereby decree grace unto ur job application

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKm_5Sc2SMo

MUST WATCH by a nairalander

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Skillsnigeria: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Getrich47(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
hakeem4:
Well, I’ve not been late for an interview before. But I have a friend who was late for his.

All through the night he was playing F.M (football manager) so he woke up late. Unfortunately for him. He wasn’t allowed to partake in the interview

grin grin grin short and direct to the point
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by humilitypays(m): 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:
if you get big ass and flat tummy no fear, just cooperate, dont go forming u have one yeye boyfriend undecided
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by ObiOfOnistha: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes, I was support to have an interview in the morning but I was at night shift at another work, there was a useless meeting at my place of work that lasted for about 45 from the commencement of the interview, I still went for the interview and I have to beg some board members of the school, I took the interview and was still employed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by gbaskiboy: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
Village People now

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
I once had a situation where my interviewer called to tell me it was already time for the interview.

I was meant to be interviewed via zoom and for some reasons I wasn’t online when it was meant to start. He called to remind me and I joined the interview afterwards.

And yes I got the job.

11 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Yusfunoble(m): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2021
Not me tho, there was a guy that came late to an interview like that. He was allowed like everyone else and he even made it to the final stage of the interview.

There are factors that you have no power over, if (God forbid) there was an accident on your way, nobody go hold you.

Just find better lie for them jare, even employee dey come late. Lagos is the capital of lately.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by BigDan69: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
I was, few months back. From berger to lekki (was 3hours late even tho I left home 6am). Anyways I was luck the person in charge was also late. So I thank God
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by maureensylvia(f): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yea
Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by NerdyAboki(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yeah, I was new in town at the time and the taxi guy lied about knowing the place. Not only that, I didn't wear a necktie, and the boss complained.

I still got the job.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Churchill6767: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
post=105231685:
We have read countless times about how many applicants stopped on the way to their interview to help a Madam or Oga fixed their flat tire and they got late to the interview,

But,, Lo and behold, the Boss of the company happens to be the person they helped changing their Flat tire on the way!!!

Change a Flat Tire For someone today,
You never can tell.

God bless our motivational speaker biko! wink

Who has also read/heard this story in the past?!

Omo..that story don cast..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by skillip(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lanesra:
Next time if you are running late simply text, call or send an email to that effect. Interview is NOT a death sentence. So calm down and cheer up.

10 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Viccur(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2021
Most times i get to the venue at the exact time. Interviewers do not keep to time, so be prepared to rigmarole for hours before you get attended to.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by aieromon(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
Yes.

July 2010.

In order to meet up, I had to take a bike from CMS to Victoria Island inside heavy rain. I was 10 minutes late and spent another 20 minutes in the rest room to freshen up.

It was a shower of blessing as I nailed the interview and got the job at the end of the day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Late For A Job Interview? by Latidoh1: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
Not cool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG Partners Jobberman To Create More Jobs From AfCFTA / EDSG SUBEB TEST.. Whos With Me Pls? / Direct Short Service (nigerian Airforce) Scratch Card Out:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.