Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Who Is The Richest Music Producer In The World (2021)? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is The Richest Music Producer In The World (2021)? (482 Views)

Tonia Nweke: I Was Sexually Harassed By A Movie Producer In Asaba / 10 Richest Music Producers In Nigeria 2018 / Meet The Top 10 Richest Music Producers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Richest Music Producer In The World (2021)? by mp3globaly: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2021
Music producers are somehow not very appreciated in the creating of hit tracks. Most producers have to include their ad-libs (that voice usually at the end of a song that calls the producers name in other to give credits) for us to remember they were involved.

People are starting to open their eyes to music production and also gradually appreciating the craft especially in this part of the world. So in this case, some questions starts to pop up like who is the best music producer? who is the richest music producer? who are the top 10 music producers in the world?

In this post, I did a little rundown according to Forbes to answer some of your questions. The producers are responsible for the beats that gives the songs life, making it soothing to our ears.

We have had numerous cases of songs with very poor lyrics but still very enjoyable because of the masterpiece of the beat and also the brilliance of the producer.

The impact on the quality of the beat to a song cannot be over emphasized, but somehow we still overlook it.

So even if we all decide to ignore the contributions of the music producer to a song, it doesn't stop them from making lots of money from the craft. Some of these big producers charge hundreds of thousands in money just to "cook" this beats for the artistes.

They have grown from the days of giving free studio sessions to charging a fortune for production. Lol, I think I might have to rethink my career after this and maybe switch to being a producer, what you think?.

They have even upped their game this days by having their personal albums where they feature lots of artistes on various tracks and also investing more in the music industry.

So if you are interested in knowing who the richest music producer is in the world, here is a rundown of the top 5 richest music producers according to their Forbes profile.

Top 5 Richest Music Producers in The World (2021)

Dr. Dre ($820 million) Richest in the world
Rick Rubin ($400 million)
Berry Gordy ($345 million)
Max Martin ($260 million)
The Neptunes ($155 million)

Lets have an in-depth look at these names from bottom to top.

5. The Neptunes ($155 million)
The Neptunes are an American production duo composed of Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, formed in Virginia Beach, Virginia in 1990. However, the group consisted of 4 members before they were disbanded to 2 members, as named previously.

They have been in the game for over 2 decades with Williams often providing additional vocals on records and appears in the duo's music videos, while Hugo tends to stay behind the scenes.

In 2009, they achieved a millstone when they were ranked No.1 in the Billboard's Top 100 Producers of the Decade. The duo has worked with lots of big names in the industry including Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Busta Rhymes and others.

They are estimated to be worth $155 million.

4. Max Martin ($260 million)
According to his wikipedia page, Born Karl Martin Sandberg, Max Martin is a Swedish record producer, songwriter, and retired singer. He rose to prominence in the late 1990s making a string of hit singles such as Britney Spears's "...Baby One More Time", the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way", and NSYNC's "It's Gonna Be Me." 

Through out his career, he has written and co-written over 22 Billboard Hot 100 songs, most of which he also produced or co-produced like Taylor Swifts "Blank Space," and The Weekends "Can't feel my face."

He is estimated to worth over $260 million according to Forbes and is also arguable one of the best music producers the industry has seen.

3. Berry Gordy ($345 million)
Berry Gordy III, known professionally as Berry Gordy Jr., is an American record executive, record producer, songwriter, film producer and television producer. He is also the founder of the popular Motown Records that has or have housed artistes like Akon, Tiwa Savage, Kelly Rowland and more.

He is known to be among the first to launch and market African-American music worldwide. According to Forbes, he is estimated to worth $345 million.

Till this point, I hope my rundown has met your expectations? Lets continue down the top 2.

2. Rick Rubin ($400 million)
In our second position, we have the veteran Rick Rubin. Frederick Jay "Rick" Rubin is an American record producer and former copresident of Columbia Records.

Along with Russell Simmons, he is the cofounder of Def Jam Recordings and also established American Recordings.

Throughout his career, he has worked with tons of big names including the likes of Jay Z, Kanye West, Johnny Cash, Adele, amongst others. He is estimated to be worth $400 million according to Forbes.

Now, lets get into the number one spot which many don't see as a surprise.

1. Dr. Dre ($820 million)
When you ask Who is the richest music producer in the world 2021? the answer is Dr. Dre

It is no surprise at all that Dr. Dre is sitting at the top of our list. Dre has been in the music game for decades and he has finally solidify himself as a force to reckon with.

Born Andre Romelle Young, he is an American rapper, audio engineer, record producer, and entrepreneur. He is the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics, and previously co-founded, co-owned, and was the president of Death Row Records.

He has worked with lots of big artistes all through his career and also helped a ton of them gain prominence in the industry. Among those he has worked with includes Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, the late 2Pac, Ice Cube and more.

Dre has received numerous awards as a producer and even as a solo artiste. He is not just a record producer, Dre has branched out of the music game and invested in lots of companies making him a very successful businessman and entrepreneur.

In 2012, he reportedly sold the popular "Beats By Dre Headphones" to Apple for a whooping $3.2 billion.

What do you think about the list? Do you think there is someone who isn't supposed to be there or there is someone who should but wasn't included? Let me know in the comment section and I will do well to take a look at their profile.

Read more of these kind of posts on Mp3globaly Entertainment

(1) (Reply)

Bobrisky Wows In Stunning Black Outfit On Birthday / US Summons Nicki Minaj Over Claim That COVID-19 Vaccine Can Cause Impotence / Instagram Users Lay Siege On Tiwa Savage’s Wall As She Promised To Release Her S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.