Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves (25786 Views)

Ado Doguwa: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Take Up Arms & Defend Themselves / Youths Storm Plateau Assembly, Government House With Corpses (Video) / Lagos Assembly Asks Sanwo-Olu To Account For State’s 3 Helicopters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by nairalandankrah: 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2021
The Plateau State House of Assembly has asked residents in troubled areas in the state to take up arms and defend themselves.

Hundreds have been killed in the crisis engulfing several areas in Plateau State.

Chairman, House Committee on Information, Philip Dasun at a news conference on Friday said the Assembly sympathised with the government and people of Plateau State on the barbaric and dastardly killings that have been taking place in different communities of Bassa, Barkin Ladi, Bokkos, Jos North, Jos South, Mangu, Riyom, University of Jos Community and recently that of Yelwa Zangam.

He said the House condemned all these killings in totality, as they were not acceptable and condemnable.

“We commiserate with the families of all those who lost their loved ones during these attacks. We strongly call on Plateau people to practically stand up and defend themselves and their communities, as the conventional security design is no longer guaranteeing our safety as a people.

“We commend the youths on the Plateau for sustained coordinated and organized campaigns against the killings and as well the courage to make it go viral by sending strong messages to the world using the dead bodies of the mayhem on the social media and the streets of Jos; the display of the corpses in the House is a sign that they recognized the authority of the House of Assembly as an institution that can speak for the people. We greatly appreciate that action,” he said.
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/08/27/plateau-assembly-asks-residents-to-take-up-arms-defend-themselves/

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by inoki247: 11:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nigeria don turn all man for himself....

And if u still carry arm to defend yourself the Govt will still come for u..

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Restructuring: 11:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
This good and commendable

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by AntiBMC(m): 12:01am On Aug 28, 2021
Ehen. Now they are talking. Enough is enough

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Ayo8(m): 12:07am On Aug 28, 2021
The commissioner of police in Plateau has failed in his primary duties...

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by marshalldgreat(m): 12:17am On Aug 28, 2021
Ayo8:
The commissioner of police in Plateau has failed in his primary duties...
the matter pass commissioner of police o my brother

150 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Nukilia: 12:23am On Aug 28, 2021
The state is spiralling down towards hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by yanabasee2: 12:30am On Aug 28, 2021
I just wish this was my state now...... by now some people for don see 72virgins for sky...

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Ayo8(m): 12:41am On Aug 28, 2021
yanabasee2:
I just wish this was my state now...... by now so e people for don see 72virgins for sky...

I hope your state is NOT Ogun state... Pls don't wish bad things for us abeg.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Praxis758: 12:46am On Aug 28, 2021
MURIC, Presidency and Miyeti Allah will cry over this.

Buhari prefers his kinsmen to kill non Fulanis while he shout blue murder whenever a call is made for the helpless victims of Fulani violence to defend themselves.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by beeblack: 1:05am On Aug 28, 2021
They don't need to tell us this, we are trying our little effort to defend ourselves.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Kingspin(m): 1:30am On Aug 28, 2021
Buhari and his co actors are doing everything they can to destroy Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 28, 2021
If they take up arms so that police will have excuse to shoot them,after all buhari said anyone seen with AK-47 should be shot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Ceenachi: 2:08am On Aug 28, 2021
Defend with what?
When defense academy with good security can not defend herself
You people should resign and leave office you have failed undecided

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by optionalY09: 2:58am On Aug 28, 2021
If that’s true they should spread it across Nigeria ASAP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by uBuNiT: 5:29am On Aug 28, 2021
Anybody comending this and has ever condemned ESN will be striked by amadioha

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by mike8804: 6:33am On Aug 28, 2021
Imagine making this statement in Ibadan or Ife or any Yoruba parts...

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Fejoku: 6:47am On Aug 28, 2021
This statement should be made in all states of the South and middlebelt. This is the only way to restore sanity because the useless security will be overwhelmed and the world will know that people have had enough of the senseless killings. I can guarantee that after the dust settles, no surviving fulani terrorist will have the guts to enter any foreign land to rape their women and murder people as much as they want. Leaving this mode of response to just one state or few states will give the terrorist government opportunity to frustrate the people of those states using the fulani controlled Nigerian army. Let all the aforementioned states start their own. The ensuring madness will bring to an end this episode of midnight raids on peaceful communities. The time to act is now.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2021
At what point do we in the south commend Nnamdi Kanu for seeing all these 6 years ago?
My biggest question is, how did he know the security forces will not go after the terrorist, but instead go after the people trying to protect their lands

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by nairavsdollars(f): 7:06am On Aug 28, 2021
Anarchy looms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by omoadeleye(m): 7:06am On Aug 28, 2021
Uhn

1 Like

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Lovenorth: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2021
The federal government should declare permanent state of emergency in plateau state, if they have permanent military governor all these killings of peaceful Muslim will automatically stop

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by akanbiaa(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by KillMNKnow(f): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2021
grin Stones and beer Bootles
Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by ThatFairGuy1: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2021
Better if our security network has failed due to cluelessness from who ought to have championed its effectiveness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by SolexBarry: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2021
Hmmm grin
Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by explosiveskull(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2021
The best thing I've heard this year, small small we are reaching there. When they take up arms, you won't expect us to be looking at the terrorist herdsmen, we will also take up arms, same will happen in the west, south south, middle belt, then I'll see how the fulanis will survive the onslaught. Eehee! Beautiful news simmering into Nigeria.

Biodun556
Lastcall
Aboks
Gawu1
theFilmtric
Asidy
MalcoImX
Ibrahimmrfish
AdolfAboki
Queseda,
tsagir
Niceman12
QuotaSystem
abduljabbar4
Northurmate
Fariq
DanArrewa
Susu888
SWORD419
spendoon
Bakinwuta
Bazamfare
 Almaigaa
Arewawife
NorthRules9ja
Simplyleo
Ngeneukwenu
Vedaxcool

Budaatum

I just wanted to make sure you guys are in the group, MNK and ESN saw this on time, and they will never relent in protecting the Igbos from your darling daddy.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Raphfito(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2021
With the way things are going in Nigeria, I think the federal government should pass bill for citizens to own and control their personal arms.....

Because the rate whereby bandits, boko haram, herdsmen, UGM, And security operatives are killing innocent citizens is becoming something else....

I really need to leave this country before all this killings come to my beloved Rivers State

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2021
marshalldgreat:
the matter pass commissioner of police o my brother

If the commissioner of Police has failed, what of the Commander-in-chief? That one is failure personified!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Assembly Asks Residents To Take Up Arms, Defend Themselves by watchindelta(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2021
No wait and be kill.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bauchi Governor Bala Mohammed Sprays Money On Residents Of His State From SUV / Tinubu Orders Manhunt For Plateau, Benue Killers / Nigerian Mentality: "Husband, Wife And Donkey" Comic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.