Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… (972 Views)

Leave My Govt If You Can’t Perform, Tinubu Tells Ministers, Others / Did APC Threaten To Form Parallel Govt If 2015 Elections Were Rigged? - Tribune / Parallel Govt If Onneghan Goes Ahead To Inaugurate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by JPhilip: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has threatened to lead a boycott of government-owned media and a media war against the Muhammadu Buhari administration if it does not stop trying to gag the media.

He stated this at the Freedom Park, Ojota, Lagos during an interaction with the media on Friday.

The octogenarian was reacting to the query issued to Channels Television by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) over some interviews the regulator deemed “unfair” to the government.

Soyinka described the query, which has been equally condemned by many prominent Nigerians, “as one of the most semi-illiterate queries” he had ever seen.

The popular playwright said, “Who decides professionalism? Is it NBC or mass communication fora? It is Channels TV; it can be anyone. This is the first time I am seeing a kind of query the media is getting. This is one of the most semi illiterate queries that I have ever seen. Next time, those letters should be thrown into garbage bin. This should be stopped as soon as possible.

“We have a responsibility to tell the government that next time any media institution is sanctioned on this trivial or ludicrous ground, we will fulfill our responsibility by mobilising the nation to boycott all government media and we shall wage this media war against the government.

“Decree Number 4 has no place in a democracy and it is about time we emphasise that both in language and in act.”

Read more...https://www.herald.ng/soyinka-vows-to-lead-media-war-against-buharis-govt-if/

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by Finnese001: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
News without source= fake news

MANDIPUTIN:

https://www.herald.ng/soyinka-vows-to-lead-media-war-against-buharis-govt-if/

The copy and paste source is not working nahundecided
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by BigRocky: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
They will soon use their evil dss against soyinka,but at this point everyone has loosed it..

Na once person dey die.
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by Samunique(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
This is the first time I am seeing a kind of query the media is getting. This is one of the most semi illiterate queries that I have ever seen. grin

Buhari just dey break bad bad record any how !

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by MANDIPUTIN: 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2021

Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by obi4eze(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
This is a military regime in disguise angry
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by KoleDgreat2020(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2021
Soyinka contributed in bringing this Government into power, so what is he saying now
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by LibertyRep: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
The war against media is a sure one this Buhari-Osinbajo regime cannot win.
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by potent5(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Our professor has decided to wake up from fake sleep.

Unfortunately, he woke up a little too late, if you ask me.

But I know you won't ask me sh*t.
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by Sergio101(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
potent5:
Our professor has decided to wake up from fake sleep.

Unfortunately, he woke up a little too late, if you ask me.

But I know you won't ask me sh*t.
what if I ask
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by Flyingngel(m): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2021
Next will be...
DSS summon Woke to their headquarters to answer a query on how he instigated Nigerians to take up arms against the state.
Do you know one funny thing, the Southerners will keep quit and do as if nothing happen.
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by yarimo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mtceeew Nonsense undecided
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by AntiBMC(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good morning Prof.
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by potent5(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sergio101:

what if I ask
Well, I no go answer.
Re: Soyinka Vows To Lead Media War Against Buhari’s Govt If… by Sergio101(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
potent5:
Well, I no go answer.
cheesy. OK ohh. Happy we be. Nice day

(1) (Reply)

The US Is Turning Oil-rich Nigeria Into A Proxy For Its Africa Wars / Benue 2023 Guber.gov Ortom Chief Press Secretary Terver Akase Resigns / IPOB Backs Abaribe, Insists Kanu Didn’t Order Sit-At-Home In S’east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.