Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) (4694 Views)

Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) / Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / G20 Summit: Donald Trump's Motorcade Vs Vladimir Putin's Motorcade In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
The World's Oldest Hotel Has Been in the Same Family for 52 Generations.

The Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan spa hotel was opened in 705 AD, and in 2011 it was declared the oldest hotel in the world by Guinness World Records (currently 1316 years old).

The hotel has been owned and operated by the same family for 52 generations since its inception.

As the generations went by, the hotel was slowly modernized but retained its nature and tradition.

With the modernization of the hotel, the rooms were equipped with all the modern amenities you could ask for without sacrificing the calm and relaxing atmosphere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3458259/Now-S-family-heirloom-Inside-world-s-oldest-hotel-s-passed-52-generations-1-311-year-history-s-attracting-guests-thanks-natural-hot-springs.html
Lalasticlala Mynd44

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2021

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2021
The hotel is nestled in the mountains in a remote valley.

It offers views of nature but is several hours drive from the nearest attraction.

In the outdoor baths, guests can enjoy the healing properties of the hot spring water while admiring the stunning views around them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3458259/Now-S-family-heirloom-Inside-world-s-oldest-hotel-s-passed-52-generations-1-311-year-history-s-attracting-guests-thanks-natural-hot-springs.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2021
Almost everything in the hotel is run with the help of the hot springs.

At the entrance, there's even a water fountain fed by the springs.

Some of the rooms have access to a small private pool.

There's also a sauna for those who want to take a break from the water.

Before entering the communal baths, guests will have to wash using the showers above.

They can sit on the stools and use the buckets.

6 Likes 1 Share

A night at the hotel starts from 34,720 Yen, or about £216.90.

The hotel was last renovated few years ago, everything remains traditional.

The rooms are furnished with tatami mats and classic art

The 35 rooms inside in the historic building have hosted everyone from politicians to samurai and military commanders.

It includes a kaiseki (multi-course) dinner and an elaborate breakfast.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Timekeeper: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
Great
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2021
That's a solid and super masterpiece

1 Like

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by DropsMic(m): 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
Cool.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Ublaize: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
This is really beautiful. A good sum must have been put up for it's renovation.

Kindly, reach out if you require the below shown in pictures

0901 444 0546(WhatsApp/Calls)

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Hambivert: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
Functional since 705AD¿

It's sad Nigeria has a lot of tourism potential but lacks one particular culture to make it work: Maintenance culture!

In the chronological and lexicographical arrangement of things in this country, the word Renovation and Maintenance always comes last. This is a popular knowledge that even the rooftop of the House of Assembly sparogatively knows.

Nigeria could have been on the list of Tourism nations, but sadly, the only sugar that brought the ants rushing has died in Ikotun.

2 Likes

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Machinegun91(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
Vanity hotels
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by akosh005: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good maintenance

If you need sponsors for your j1 teaching exchange programs in USA. DM for more info.
Note, you must have your teacher certificate, degree in education and 2years teaching experience. Intake starting by Sept for 2022 resumption
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Greatzeus(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
I like Japan for the cultural heritage as regards their ancient buildings and their architecture,but I don't believe this very building has been around since 795AD. Any proof to that effect?
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by hahn(m): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
Just imagine having a business that has lasted for 52 generations for over 1k+ years shocked
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Freestainworld(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
This what we mean by preservation, when a sane being gives birth to sane children, things will keep on moving beautifully.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by ChangedMan1999(m): 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
cry

1 Like

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by armadeo(m): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
Didn't want to ruin the explorers thread with a comment I between his posts.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by remsonik(f): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
Wow what a beautiful masterpiece. Lord bless me abundantly as I wish to be here one day.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by MufasaLion: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2021
Preservation of culture in an attractive way!

I hope Nigeria could emulate this.

1 Like

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by MufasaLion: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
remsonik:
Wow what a beautiful masterpiece. Lord bless me abundantly as I wish to be here one day.

Let's go to Mars.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Tawis06(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2021
God when?
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by taiocol: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2021
MufasaLion:
Preservation of culture in an attractive way!

I hope Nigeria could emulate this.
Thread when person der enjoy you start to call Nigeria
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by MufasaLion: 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2021
taiocol:

Thread when person der enjoy you start to call Nigeria

grin grin grin

You should understand.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Shellsploit: 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2021
I once lodged there in 15BC
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 8:41pm On Aug 28, 2021
Greatzeus:
I like Japan for the cultural heritage as regards their ancient buildings and their architecture,but I don't believe this very building has been around since 795AD. Any proof to that effect?
Why do you need proof again? or you want to say you are better than the Japanese that know much about their heritage?

1 Like

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by obiekunie01: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
They will not want a black African guest. Trust me on that.
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Plut01: 11:09pm On Aug 28, 2021

Explorer my man. Are we going to the front-page with this, baby wink

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 29, 2021
I need visit here
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by DelTel(m): 12:27am On Aug 29, 2021
Maintenance Culture.
Continuity.
Original materials.

3 Likes

Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by ClassicMan202(m): 1:07am On Aug 29, 2021
remsonik:

Be there to do what?

Well.... get your bags ready, your prayers has been answered
Re: World's Oldest Hotel Has Been Receiving Guests Since 705AD In Japan(Pics) by Khd95(m): 2:46am On Aug 29, 2021
Make money and travel cool

But how 34k Yuan go be £216 cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know How To Contact Canada Citizenship And Immigration Office? / The Crazy Way Nigerians Have Colonized London And Other Cities Around The World / Dirty Things Going On Inside Luxurious Bus: Ladies Dirty Secret In Night Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.