Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed (1480 Views)

Korra Obidi Finally Speaks On Her Marital Issues. Apologizes. / What's Your Marital Issues As A Married, Single, Lonely Lady/man / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by mardis: 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
mrsteel:

Where are u from?
It is possible u may not know this if someone close has not gone through a divorce process.
Most places in Nigeria, them dey return bride price o. The bride price is not the goats, drinks or food the man bought, but the small amount of money placed on their daughter's head, most times it may even be less than N100. The people of the girl will return that money to the man before marrying her to another man. All the divorce cases I have experienced are usually like that.

Ok maybe, i am from the middle bealt, the divorce i witness here are old couples like 5 years and above marriages. With my experience in the north, once the man says to his wife" i have divorce you" three solid time, then the marriage is over by tradition/religion. And there is nothing like returning bride price. She is free to remarry.
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by Acidosis(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
mrsteel:

Can they get a marriage certificate without traditional?? No be court & church dey issue certificate?
In Nigeria, traditional give birth to church & court wedding. No be UK we dey!
I made reference to her bride price because the op stated she is now living with a man. Can the new husband marry her without the approval of some of her kinsmen? When it comes to wedding in this part of the world, u must pass through traditional before u can get to court or church?? Your people must approve your Union in traditional where the bride price will be paid, which will give permission to court or church. I know most cultures & traditions here do return bride price, which is usually a small amount before proceeding with a new marriage, which I was trying to tell the op, so what are u saying?

Okay. I understand your point. It's proper to know whether the bride price was paid. A refund should also be initiated before engaging another man.

As per the registry thing, OP already clarified that none was done so there really isn't any point or need for me to drag the issue any further. But to answer your question, you can get married to your spouse in Nigeria without traditional or church wedding. Nobody will ask you whether you've paid bride price or not at the registry.

Remember, our traditions aren't even the same and moreover, Nigeria's Marriage Act has to align with global standards.
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 29, 2021
Making a claim on who?
Who's the her here?
I wanna believe you're referring to the woman. Well since you said there was no legal/ traditional marital ties between them, the man does not have the right and cannot come back her because he'll have to tender a.proof that they were really married before. In the absence of any proofs, no case.
She doesn't need any legal backing to that effect and I don't think there's any such letter as regards stating they were never married except a divorce letter which is only valid if there was an existing marriage to dissolve.
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:45am On Aug 29, 2021
They have both got equal rights to the child except one of them turns to a deadbeat parent.
Neither of them should deny the other of the opportunity to train and show that child love, care and support. It's not easy to live without the existence of either parents in one's life.

As ladies, a lot of us are guilty of having masculine energy which sometimes can be repelling. This is caused by several factors and can sometimes hinder us from getting some things out of life. Pretty privilege is on the rise and what other way can one become better and make life more fun and easier than to become feminine. Trust me ladies, the journey to feminine elegance isn't an easy one but is certainly worth it.
Here are 5 easy ways to help you become soft, elegant and better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0AMkYQvyQ

Like, share, subscribe and turn on post notification bell.
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by frozen70(f): 7:02am On Aug 29, 2021
seproperties:
Hello ,

I' m asking on behalf of someone.
She had a child for her Ex- Husband ,There was no Court/Registry Marriage between them, They had an irreconciliatory issues so they parted .

She already went to have a Peace talk with the ex- Husband's family on who to take the custody of the child between them ,The ex Husband and Family agreed the woman should take Custody since the child is not yet well grown .

She is already with another man ,they have two children now.

She wants to know, is there any step to take to have a Solid written Documents to show that they are not together anymore so that the ex does not come back in the future making a claim to her..

Remember there was no Court/Registry Marriage

Thanks for your comments

She has to move on

It's her life and that child on question belongs to both of them and good enough she child is in her care, so let her take the responsibility of the child

Wether the father of the child contributes or not

An irresponsible man, remains an irresponsible person for life
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by seproperties(m): 7:49am On Aug 29, 2021
Thanks to U all.
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by seproperties(m): 7:51am On Aug 29, 2021
Mercychen:
Making a claim on who?
Who's the her here?
I wanna believe you're referring to the woman. Well since you said there was no legal/ traditional marital ties between them, the man does not have the right and cannot come back her because he'll have to tender a.proof that they were really married before. In the absence of any proofs, no case.
She doesn't need any legal backing to that effect and I don't think there's any such letter as regards stating they were never married except a divorce letter which is only valid if there was an existing marriage to dissolve.
Thanks so much ...They did Introduction ,Mosque and Had a Reception...But Bride price was not Paid ...No Registry,No Court ...
Re: Marital Issues : Advise Urgently Needed by Ejika48(f): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2021
Do u need someone to talk to?Are u lonely? Depressed? Is ur marriage not working? Are u at d verge of divorcing it partner? U don't have a child? U need help? Don't worry... Follow @naughtybynaturemii on her live programs and be glad u did. Fuckers pls stay off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / The Grass Is Never Greener On The Other Side (a Must Read For Every Woman) / Pics Of A Unique And Happy Father (happy Fathers Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.