Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

From September 1st Nigerians Will Pay More On Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From September 1st Nigerians Will Pay More On Electricity (490 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly / Peter Obi Backs Tinubu Government On Electricity Tariff Hike / DisCos Get NERC Approval To Increase Tariff September 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From September 1st Nigerians Will Pay More On Electricity by Elbinawi: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
An increase in electricity tariff again by the genocidal Buhari regime....

From September 1st what Nigerians are paying for electricity will go up. This is the 4th time of increasing electricity bills by the useless Buhari regime, a record.

Presently electricity bill is competing with house rent in Nigeria. The purchasing power of people has significantly diminished under this regime yet it is more tax and more tax....

And unfortunately, there is no increase of the hours of electricity in the country. No building of new power generation plants, nothing! The Buhari gang of bloodthirsty killers and monumental fraudsters desperately need funds to buy votes from hungry Nigerians in the 2023 general elections.

#ElbinawiTweets

1 Like

Re: From September 1st Nigerians Will Pay More On Electricity by Snitch24(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
Go and get
Ur voters card ready
Re: From September 1st Nigerians Will Pay More On Electricity by Jostoman: 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
The only thing this wicked and devilish government knows how to do best is to make life unbearable for Nigerians. I hope Nigerians are really enjoying their change and their next level.
Re: From September 1st Nigerians Will Pay More On Electricity by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 29, 2021
Elbinawi:
An increase in electricity tariff again by the genocidal Buhari regime....

From September 1st what Nigerians are paying for electricity will go up. This is the 4th time of increasing electricity bills by the useless Buhari regime, a record.

Presently electricity bill is competing with house rent in Nigeria. The purchasing power of people has significantly diminished under this regime yet it is more tax and more tax....

And unfortunately, there is no increase of the hours of electricity in the country. No building of new power generation plants, nothing! The Buhari gang of bloodthirsty killers and monumental fraudsters desperately need funds to buy votes from hungry Nigerians in the 2023 general elections.

#ElbinawiTweets

Reason why prices are going up is because power has been privatised, and implicit in the privatisiation process was a price increase from year to year.

Buhari was not responsible for the privatisation. And incompetent as he is, he wanted to reverse the privatisation , but was warned by the AGF that Nigeria could be liable to pay billions in compensaiton to companies if he did.

Even with the price increase, most people won't be paying the true market price of power. Let's not forget those who don't even pay or are owing

The reason why we don't have power is that we are not yet ready to pay for 24 hour power. We view power as a right, and not as a product. We want it free of charge, without paying the appropriate tax, or earning the amount of money needed to pay for power. That is why we are here.

Meanwhile, we have GSM and home internet, and we pay heavily for it. It sucks, but that is why I can type this from the comfort of my home or office, and not from an internet cafe as I would have been doing 20 years ago...with very bad service.

I am sure the OP and many would call me a Buhari supporter, just as many would have called me a GEJ supporter when I made the same argument under his regime. But if you want 24 hour power, you have to pay the market price for power. Not underpay, or refuse to pay. It is not a nice thing to say, especially as we are poor, but it is the sad truth. We have extensive telephony because we were and still are willing to pay the phone companies' exploitative prices. In return they invest more and provide more jobs direct and indirect.

(1) (Reply)

This account has been hacked. / Missing Persons / The Geopolitical Zone Debacle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.