Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 (16384 Views)

The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by bilms(m): 1:05am On Aug 29, 2021
*How i escape multiple assasination attempt in Kwara and driven into exile in 2007- Olawepo Hashim*

Former Presidential Candidate, Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, during an exclusive interview with Tribune Newspaper explained how he escaped multiple assasination attempt in 2007 after he challenged the Kwara Governorship election in court and how he was eventually driven into exile.

*So eventually you were driven into exile?*

Yes. Look,let me tell you about the circumstance of my going into exile in 2007.

God bless OgonnaOnovo.

He was the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of operations when Mike Okiro was IG, and he tried to protect me.

He knew what was happening in Kwara State then. But by the time, UmrauYar’Adua had taken over. You know those who were controlling the Yar’Adua’s government, I won’t mention them.

One Sunday, Onovo told me, ‘Look Excellency, I have tried my best; I will not allow them to come and kill you. But now, you have to leave the country. There’s a petition they have brought to our office and they claim you have arms in your house in Ilorin. I know you don’t.’ At that time, we were in the tribunal challenging the election. “They’re coming, and you know when they are coming to search for things, they will find what they want to see. So, my advice is ‘leave the country.

Whatever they find is not your business.’ On Sunday, I just asked somebody in the church: ‘Elder, you’re going to take me to Lagos.’ I pretended as if I was going on a visit. He drove me out of the compound. None of my security detail was with me. Nobody knew about it. I was in Lagos, and the next day, I was already in England. The next morning after I had departed, they came, led by an Assistant Commissioner of Police with a lorry load of policemen to search my house and the people at home said ‘oga is not around.’ They were so sure I was around. That’s how I went into exile.

Even the Chief of Staff to President Olusegun Obasanjo then, General Abdulahi’s son, was shot at in Ilorin. Before that encounter, we had very rough confrontation where some people wanted to ambush us in one of the neighborhoods but our security team was very alert, and thank God, we escaped that and a whole lot of terrible things. A lot of people died on the Election Day. Four of my agents were killed on the Election Day.

Even members of the state House of Assembly were killed in the open, and nothing happened to the killers. Even thugs killed policeman and nothing happened to those thugs. Even a Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) chairman in Kwara State was stabbed while they were having an NUJ election by thugs that were known. These things were recorded on tape and the police did not do anything.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/our-memo-that-shaped-1998-transition-to-democracy-olawepo-hashim/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Wawelexy(m): 1:13am On Aug 29, 2021
It's only in naija that we have president and presidency, and the later is more powerful.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by BabbanBura(m): 1:17am On Aug 29, 2021
Nigeria jagajaga

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by yanabasee2: 1:23am On Aug 29, 2021
This one will become president tomorrow and he will focus on giving himself more security guards than solving the insecurity problems and be free from attacks.....

This country don pass cruise... Na to just hope on God ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by CXLVII: 2:09am On Aug 29, 2021
yanabasee2:
This one will become president tomorrow and he will focus on giving himself more security guards than solving the insecurity problems and be free from attacks.....

This country don pass cruise... Na to just hope on God ..

God has abandoned Nigeria!

With the number of churches on every street praying over 3 times a week, its glaring God has no hand in the country again.

Nigerians pray more than Europeans and Americans, and nothing to show for it.

10 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by bilms(m): 2:19am On Aug 29, 2021
shocked[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Daveambition(m): 2:33am On Aug 29, 2021
CXLVII:

With the number of churches on every street praying over 3 times a week, its glaring God has no hand in the country again.

What's ur opinion, should we import foreign gods or start slamming our heads for rapid solution..?

1 Like

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by CXLVII: 2:51am On Aug 29, 2021
Daveambition:

What's ur opinion, should we import foreign gods or start slamming our heads for rapid solution..?

Dump religion and start being realistic.

If you take religion away from Nigerians, they will start thinking straight and will only be left with realistic approach to situations.

This will also give God the chance to rest. We ask too much even after been endowed with brains in our skull

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Daveambition(m): 3:06am On Aug 29, 2021
CXLVII:

Dump religion and start being realistic.

If you take religion away from Nigerians, they will start thinking straight and will only be left with realistic approach to situations.

This will also give God the chance to rest. We ask too much even after been endowed with brains in our skull
Na question i ask yu, as per yu that's without religion or doesn't fancy Christian doctrines. What do yu suggest we do, since ur own endowed brain inside ur skull fit view from a differ perspective. Come up with ideas & enlighten the gullible ones up in this forum.. Showcase to us a reason or concrete prove why we should dump our belief & abide to a new terminology..

6 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Crossroad1(m): 4:17am On Aug 29, 2021
I don't think people worship God in Nigeria, they worship money, fame, power and solutions..

3 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 29, 2021
Politics is a very lucrative business in Nigeria. People can kill because of it.

1 Like

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by illicit(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2021
Those thugs might be governors and legislators now

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by bilms(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hum
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by tobtap: 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
shocked
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by proxillin(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Those assasins did a shaby job. God punish them for missing their target.

You are part of our problems.

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by SimSify(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
2023 is here already!
Make una dey shoot bird!
Birds of same feathers.
Left a good party for APC.
Bunch of No good!

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by moscobabs(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
2023 is closer
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Patrioticman007(m): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
CXLVII:

Its because of our hypocrisy that's why things are not moving on fine in this country. The day Christians see Muslims as brothers & Muslims see Christians as brothers that's when this country moves ahead.

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by LOVEGINO(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
2023. Na dem
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by mbak(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Thank God you are alive to revealed this, dead cannot. You still need to sit tight and watch it
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by solajacobs(m): 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by donpapa(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
smiley
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by DLSReigns: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
Rather, we have abandoned God. God never changed from the loving father he is. We change from being the loving sons and daughters. He says, "if my people who are called by my name would humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked way... "Let's go back to him!
CXLVII:

3 Likes

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Sonnobax15(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
undecided
The assassination wey we dey currently dey pass through for Buhari hand strong pass wetin anybody don ever experience...

So tay even our doctors say dem wor go on self-exile,still,our FG say for WHERE...

1 Like

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by edusks: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Really
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
shocked

Thank God say u get beta otumokpo if not the Sarakis for pipe you down.
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by hardywaltz(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2021
Saraki

1 Like

Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Johnnoo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
One day this nation will rise up and say "Enough is Enough"
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2021
hmmm e reach to thank God for your life
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by Crossroad1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Impunity has always thrived in Nigeria
Re: Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007 by SeyiDominion: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
HMM...

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are Physically An Adult But Mentally An Infant: Gov Shettima Aide To FFK / Governors Kick Against $138m Consultants’ Fees / FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.