Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Do We Feel Angry When Someone Wakes Us Suddenly From Sleep? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do We Feel Angry When Someone Wakes Us Suddenly From Sleep? (1516 Views)

This May Be The Reason Why Most Men Die Suddenly During Sex / Sorrow As Gallant Mopol Who Survived Many Battles, Dies Suddenly. Photos / Medical Doctor Wakes Up During Her Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Feel Angry When Someone Wakes Us Suddenly From Sleep? by silibaba: 8:29am On Aug 29, 2021
My elder brother once told me:

“If you want to know what kind of a person someone really is, wake them up from their sweet sleep”

I tried it on so many people including my husband and I feel that there is some logic in it.

When someone wakes me up from my sleep, even my baby, I wake up like a monster. My baby has some sleep issues and I prefer to be awake till she goes into deep sleep. If by chance, I go to sleep and she wakes me in the middle, I am not sure I will react nicely. Once, I slapped her (ashamed to admit) in sleep and my husband scolded me for it in the morning. Funny thing is I didn't even remember slapping her. So, I become a monster if someone wakes me from my sweet sleep. Otherwise also, I am a bit on the aggressive side. I don't accept things easily, I have very strong sense of judgement and if I feel I am being wronged, I don't let that go off easily. It's not like I am revengeful or something…but then I vent my anger out on God. God is always at the receiving end. Another thing is I am a controlled monster. I mean later I asked my husband if I hit her hard and he said “it doesn't matter, you hit her….but no, you just patted her, but she got scared because you were angry”. Otherwise also, I have control over myself no matter what emotions I am going through.

Now about my husband, he is a complete opposite. He is very calm, patient and a peaceful person. He doesn't get angry easily. Whenever, I wake him up from his deep sweet sleep, he is never angry. Never. No matter how tired he is and no matter how irrational thing it is, for which I woke him up. He never gets angry.

I tested this on my parents and my younger brother too. My brother wakes up very confused and scared. Otherwise, also he gets panic attacks. Even, seeing a cockroach, sets off his alarm.

So I think, if you feel angry, maybe you should accompany me in the anger management classes.
Re: Why Do We Feel Angry When Someone Wakes Us Suddenly From Sleep? by LordIsaac(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2021
Sleep is a state of rest and a form of pleasure. It is same thing you feel when you are deprived of your salary... A source of pleasure grin

(1) (Reply)

Can U Have Cancer And Not Know? / 80%of High/secondary School Sudents Are H.i.v Positive-shell / Be Happy And Contented In Any Situation You Find Yourself ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.