Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why Does God Permit Wickedness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Permit Wickedness? (191 Views)

Why Does God Permit Suffering? / Can God Permit Evil? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Permit Wickedness? by gideonjeta(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
The world we are living in today is a wicked world. People are engaging in wicked acts that will cause pain to others. This has led people to ask why God permits these wicked acts to go on?... Do you feel the same way? What do you think?
Re: Why Does God Permit Wickedness? by Kobojunkie: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
gideonjeta:
The world we are living in today is a wicked world. People are engaging in wicked acts that will cause pain to others. This has led people to ask why God permits these wicked acts to go on?... Do you feel the same way? What do you think?
Why not? Why should God deprive people of their right to chose? undecided
Re: Why Does God Permit Wickedness? by LordIsaac(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hmmm... A deep question indeed! For me, it is rooted in the fallen nature of man.
Re: Why Does God Permit Wickedness? by kingxsamz(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Why does it baffle you?
Isn't it the same god who permitted men to slaughter chidren and infants still sucking their mother's breasts?
1 Samuel 15:3
"Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation—men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.”
Re: Why Does God Permit Wickedness? by Kayberg: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's more like, "Do whatever you like… you're coming to meet me up here one day."

GOD had given man the free will to choose his desired path. But the recompense of your decision will GOD give you on Judgment Day.
Though, some are lucky to repent afterwards, but some feel like gods due to the fear they get from people while they are being a wicked.

But at the end of it all, GOD will still repay all men.

Moreso, the spiritual controls the physical.

Revelation 6 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
⁴ And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

⁷ And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
⁸ And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
⁹ And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
¹⁰ And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
¹¹ And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
¹² And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
¹³ And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
¹⁴ And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
¹⁵ And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
¹⁶ And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
¹⁷ For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Re: Why Does God Permit Wickedness? by gideonjeta(m): 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2021
All responses are acknowledged!. God permitting wickedness is not because of indifference on his part. He assures us that he has a set time when he will call the wicked to account. (Hab. 2:3). We need to engage in righteous acts and not wicked acts if we are to be among the survivors when the time comes. (Hab. 2:4b; Zeph. 2:3).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Fulani Herdsmen Are Sponsored And Security Has Got Worse Since 2015" - Oyedepo / Osinbajo Leads Prayers For Peace In Nigeria / Chill Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.