Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi (2278 Views)

Dollar Under Jonathan Compare To Tinubu Government / El-Rufai Speaks On The Abduction Of Chibok Schoolgirls Under Jonathan (Throwback / I Know Politicians Who Have Suddenly Turned Billionaires – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by JPhilip: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said that many emergency billionaires emerged under the Goodluck Jonathan administration because of unbridled corruption.

He stated this while praising the Muhammadu Buhari administration’s strides in the fight against corruption in the country.

According to him, the successes recorded by the current administration in the fight against corruption was one of the many legacies that it would bequeath to the next.

He identified the other legacies as railways, roads, among others.

Amaechi said that while corrupt enrichment under the Buhari administration was not totally impossible, it was not as commonplace as witnessed under the previous administration.

“We are leaving quite a lot. When I talk to people, they mention railway, but I tell them to study the government to know that we have more than the railways.

“The first legacy, as a former chairman of the Governors Forum, I want Nigerians to be honest; can you openly take money in this government?

“I am not saying whether we are corrupt or not. Let us assume we are corrupt, can you openly take money in this government? In the past governments, what happened? You can take money in the streets. Corruption was so pervasive that nobody was talking about it. It was not hidden that people completely and openly displayed their wealth.

“Most of those who did that had nothing to do to show for it. They did not have a carpentry shop, but they were billionaires. They did not hide it; but here, if you are stealing, it is done quietly. I am not saying it is good, it is a sin punishable.

“In the previous government you could steal and you won’t be caught. If you were caught, there won’t be consequences. But in this government, if you steal there are consequences,” Amaechi told Daily Trust.

Read more...https://www.herald.ng/under-jonathan-even-those-without-a-carpentry-shop-became-billionaires-amaechi/
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by FarahAideed: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's a lot lot better than under Buhari where terrorist are becoming governors of states

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Nukilia: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
grin grin grin grin Now you have turned billionaires into thousandaire and thousandaire to paupers

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
FarahAideed:
It's a lot lot better than under Buhari where terrorist are becoming governors of states

What is the name is the Governor? Last I check all the territory lost under GEJ has been recovered.

2 Likes

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by greatermax77(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
So Machine, you are still talking of fighting corruption when Nigeria is already gone. You are a mad minister

3 Likes

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by FarahAideed: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
vedaxcool:

What is the name is the Governor? Last I check all the territory lost under GEJ has been recovered.

Governor Abba Kaka of Borno State

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by greatermax77(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2021
So Amachi, you are still comparing and blaming till now. You are a mad minister

6 Likes

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by SpatialKing(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
Under Buhari bandits n herdsmen are now billionaires, appointed to juicy offices

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by psucc(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
vedaxcool:

And that's how you will tell the story to your grandchildren?

The best gift to posterity is truth. Try and do so

4 Likes

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Faiththatworks(m): 2:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Some years ago I would have totally supported Rt Hon Ameachi and even insulted ex President Jonathan and gone further by calling him a thief and an unrepentant clueless president.
But now,the veil has been lifted off my face, there's no evil when Government decides to use the general resources to empower certain cronies,I daresay Minister Ameachi did it while he was speaker,governor and I'm 100% sure he's still empowering his cronies with contracts at the Ministry of transport.
Let us stop this mantra of demonizing people when they are in power, every Nigerian is a potential corrupt person if he ever goes near the cookie jar or honey pot.
Gen Buhari is very inept,he just doesn't understand what's going on around him,if stopping the empowering of commoners to be billionaires is what's called fighting corruption,then this Government is more clueless than I thought.
After 6 years and 3 months into Gen Buhari administration,we are yet to hear EFCC convict any of these inaginary carpentry billionaires, abeg stop all these wayo talk
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by beejaay: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2021
JPhilip:
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has said that many emergency billionaires emerged under the Goodluck Jonathan administration because of unbridled corruption.

He stated this while praising the Muhammadu Buhari administration’s strides in the fight against corruption in the country.

According to him, the successes recorded by the current administration in the fight against corruption was one of the many legacies that it would bequeath to the next.

He identified the other legacies as railways, roads, among others.

Amaechi said that while corrupt enrichment under the Buhari administration was not totally impossible, it was not as commonplace as witnessed under the previous administration.

“We are leaving quite a lot. When I talk to people, they mention railway, but I tell them to study the government to know that we have more than the railways.

“The first legacy, as a former chairman of the Governors Forum, I want Nigerians to be honest; can you openly take money in this government?

“I am not saying whether we are corrupt or not. Let us assume we are corrupt, can you openly take money in this government? In the past governments, what happened? You can take money in the streets. Corruption was so pervasive that nobody was talking about it. It was not hidden that people completely and openly displayed their wealth.

“Most of those who did that had nothing to do to show for it. They did not have a carpentry shop, but they were billionaires. They did not hide it; but here, if you are stealing, it is done quietly. I am not saying it is good, it is a sin punishable.

“In the previous government you could steal and you won’t be caught. If you were caught, there won’t be consequences. But in this government, if you steal there are consequences,” Amaechi told Daily Trust.

Read more...https://www.herald.ng/under-jonathan-even-those-without-a-carpentry-shop-became-billionaires-amaechi/

and yet hundreds of private jet grace buhari wedding, we didnt even witnessed something of such under GEJ..continue lying to una self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Blackfire(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
We the youths are solidly behind you our darling president.
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Sirjamo: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Goodluck Jonathan that used $2.1 to do father Christmas. Money he was supposed to buy weapons with. Making Boko Haram to be chasing our soldiers from Nigeria to Cameroon on bare foot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Racoon(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Meanwhile, the present catastrophe have long bastardsized the economy, render many people unemployed, caused forex/capital flight because of the pervading insecurity. This Amaechi always talk like an idiot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by techWriter1: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
It's a aalot aalot better than under Buhari where terror not transforming presidents of countries
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Otuegbe: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Now Buhari have made Fulani bandits billionaires

1 Like

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Sirjamo:
Goodluck Jonathan that used $2.1 to do father Christmas. Money he was supposed to buy weapons with. Making Boko Haram to be chasing our soldiers from Nigeria to Cameroon on bare foot.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201811270024.html
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by slimghost(m): 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
Someone should remind this crook how Buhari made his kit and kin millionaires overnight using fx policy somersault. Mad man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Tokskob2008: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Isn't that better compared to now that there's poverty everywhere Those who became overnight millionaires then who among them has been brought to book now? Now bandits are far more richer than bank executives in this administration. Una cup go soon full soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by shosky1794: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2021
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/2019-audit-report-reveals-unsubstantiated-balances-of-n4-973trn-agf-tells-nass/amp/

Even the Auditor General of the Federation couldn't give a proper explanation for this when he was saying 4.9tr naira wasn't missing. The corruption going on under Buhari is unprecedented in history of this country. Mr. Integrity will go down as Nigeria most corrupt leader after leaving office.

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
FarahAideed:

Governor Abba Kaka of Borno State

Is this the best you can do?

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
psucc:
And that's how you will tell the story to your grandchildren?

The best gift to posterity is truth. Try and do so

Do you posses an IQ above 70 which is required to discern the truth?
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
shosky1794:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/2019-audit-report-reveals-unsubstantiated-balances-of-n4-973trn-agf-tells-nass/amp/

Even the Auditor General of the Federation couldn't give a proper explanation for this when he was saying 4.9tr naira wasn't missing. The corruption going on under Buhari is unprecedented in history of this country. Mr. Integrity will go down as Nigeria most corrupt leader after leaving office.

These words don't write themselves.

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by psucc(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
vedaxcool:

Do you posses an IQ above 70 which is required to discern the truth?
No Sir! So continue to lie
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by vedaxcool(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
psucc:
No Sir! So can continue to lie

@ bolded agrees with your assessment of your IQ.
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by denko(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
There is no reasonable person that will call this wasted year of buhari as a regimn it is a total collosal destruction taken us back to 60 years. He is preparing for War instead of preparing to handle over power. This time around he would be shocked.

1 Like

Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by naija4life247: 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2021
Yes, while graduates became streets beggars. Useless Goatluck.

But in this administration, everybody has turn to beggars, some are street beggars, some are corporate beggars. The god of Thunder has really fuccked up, everybody in this administration ought to have been struck by Thunder.
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2021
I will not be tempted to compare a corrupt/clueless regime with this corrupt/clueless/terrorist one undecided
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by Militant30: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
Basket mouth won start to leak again ooooooooo.

If you don't have erection blame Jonathan.
Re: Under Jonathan, Even Those Without Carpentry Shop Became Billionaires – Amaechi by sammuell(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Who still take this man serious

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is For Peter Obi's Suppporters. Caption. / Northerners Now Campaigning For Only Shettima, Not Tinubu. / Reuben Abati In Efcc Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.