Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. (301 Views)

PHP Developers, Please Come In / Web Developers Please Help!!! / Web Developers, Please Don't Make The Mistake I Made! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by kannex: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
I have this idea of creating a map app but with social media functions like for instance a map app that will have chatting ability (user can chat), news feed (which involve status update, picture and video upload), ability to follow a user, and more which i can state here because of security reasons.
So is this kind of app posible for someone to develop a map+ social media integration
It is just like saying google map plus facebook, which is map app plus social media together.
if it is possible please state how you think this can be achieve thanks in advance.
Please i wil be expecting your advise.
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by Ynix(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2021
kannex:
I have this idea of creating a map app but with social media functions like for instance a map app that will have chatting ability (user can chat), news feed (which involve status update, picture and video upload), ability to follow a user, and more which i can state here because of security reasons.
So is this kind of app posible for someone to develop a map+ social media integration
It is just like saying google map plus facebook, which is map app plus social media together.
if it is possible please state how you think this can be achieve thanks in advance.
Please i wil be expecting your advise.
Check this site out, www.cashmaz.xyz
I can make one for you but that map aspect requires that you pay google for that as people use it.
You can reach me on 08089456258
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by kannex: 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
Can you please give a little insight on how this can be achieved like i said before it's a map application but will also have all social networking function
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by SALVATION30(m): 6:40am On Aug 30, 2021
You need to integrate a map Api with your app.(google map is most preferable as it's used by most companies eg Uber,...)

For the messaging, you need to use your preferred programing language libraries for(routing, messaging, authentication,...) Plus knowledge of a database for storing the content

If the app will also have explore or news feed section, you'll need to have (or hire) someone with data science skills for showing post based on the users preferences.

Assuming you are a JavaScript fullstack developer(nodejs for backend and react(-native) for front-end) these are the things you need:
1)MAP Api(eg google map api used by ride hailing services)
2)CMS (strapi) with word processor(CKEditor) so the user can have a rich interface for posting and managing pre-existing posts
3)CDN(cloudinary) for hosting the users content media(mostly multimedia files)
4)database for storing the user textual content --post, users preferences, sessions,...
5)http(s) framework for routing and communicating with database
6) react -native for front-end

...the list goes on...
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by kannex: 7:37am On Aug 30, 2021
SALVATION30:
You need to integrate a map Api with your app.(google map is most preferable as it's used by most companies eg Uber,...)

For the messaging, you need to use your preferred programing language libraries for(routing, messaging, authentication,...) Plus knowledge of a database for storing the content

If the app will also have explore or news feed section, you'll need to have (or hire) someone with data science skills for showing post based on the users preferences.

Assuming you are a JavaScript fullstack developer(nodejs for backend and react(-native) for front-end) these are the things you need:
1)MAP Api(eg google map api used by ride hailing services)
2)CMS (strapi) with word processor(CKEditor) so the user can have a rich interface for posting and managing pre-existing posts
3)CDN(cloudinary) for hosting the users content media(mostly multimedia files)
4)database for storing the user textual content --post, users preferences, sessions,...
5)http(s) framework for routing and communicating with database
6) react -native for front-end

...the list goes on...

Thanks for your response.
Well am not a developer but i have written all my idea down it a map with security features pls i will like to get a comprehensive list of all the type of developer i will be needing and what will be their roles.
Thanks for your answer. And lastly are you a developer.
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by kannex: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2021
This is just a little feature about this app.

First the app is called map media which is a map app plus social media functionality. First the user info like address will not be shown on the map, the only thing that will be shown on the map is just the name or username and profile image, the only time the address will be visible is when a friend ask for your address and u decide to send ur address that is when the user will see ur adress, now how will this work, it work like this when a user ask for ur address u just need to click what is called know my address and you tag the person, then the address will be sent to the user which wil include house number, street name , nearest bustop, and opposite building. Also the app will be encrypted in such a way that u can't know a user location except the user send his or her location to another user when user login u can just see people in your area liek example it will just show an avatar with name and state.

One of the problem this app will solve is that it will reduce kidnap or job scam to the lowest minimum, that is where the monitor me features comes in, with this feature, a user can track another user, now how will this work, let assume a user want to go to a job interview and she is nervous or she feel the place look suspicious what the user need to do is to click on the monitor me button and tag the people that she want them to monitor her and type 100 word why she want them to monitor her for instance (abeg i want go interview for lekki abeg monitor me i know trust this company) and then set time and date when the monitor me will start, then she will then send send the monitor me to her friend which she will wait for her friend to accept the monitor. Once it gets to the time she set for the monitor to start all her friends that accept the monitor will be able to know when she get to that particular destination and when she is back home, and after that time the monitor me will expired which her friend can no longer monitor or track her movement note; her friend will be able to track her even if her phone is switch off. can't just go further to explain this features bcus there is a lot of thing about this monitor me feature that i cant just explain.

Another thing that this app will solve is that people will know the condition of a place before they get there for instance people who have an account with the app will able to update the community with traffic update, police checking point, voilence, so with these update driver will know the problem about a particular place before ahead in simple terms latest happening around an enviroment. I just can go on and on to tell you the problems this app will solve. But this is just a little of what the app will be able to solve, but at the same time i cant just spit out all the feature and what problem each of the feature will solve for instance i cant just tell you what the monitor me feature is all about in full details. Anyway thanks for your comment
I will be waiting for your response, now my question is that how many developers will be needed for this type of project and what type of developer do i need for this project. Only that am just corcern on how the news feed will be integrated thanks in advance.
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by SALVATION30(m): 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
kannex:

Thanks for your response.
Well am not a developer but i have written all my idea down it a map with security features pls i will like to get a comprehensive list of all the type of developer i will be needing and what will be their roles.
Thanks for your answer. And lastly are you a developer.

Yes
I'm a fullstack developer
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by SALVATION30(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
kannex:
This is just a little feature about this app.

First the app is called map media which is a map app plus social media functionality. First the user info like address will not be shown on the map, the only thing that will be shown on the map is just the name or username and profile image, the only time the address will be visible is when a friend ask for your address and u decide to send ur address that is when the user will see ur adress, now how will this work, it work like this when a user ask for ur address u just need to click what is called know my address and you tag the person, then the address will be sent to the user which wil include house number, street name , nearest bustop, and opposite building. Also the app will be encrypted in such a way that u can't know a user location except the user send his or her location to another user when user login u can just see people in your area liek example it will just show an avatar with name and state.

One of the problem this app will solve is that it will reduce kidnap or job scam to the lowest minimum, that is where the monitor me features comes in, with this feature, a user can track another user, now how will this work, let assume a user want to go to a job interview and she is nervous or she feel the place look suspicious what the user need to do is to click on the monitor me button and tag the people that she want them to monitor her and type 100 word why she want them to monitor her for instance (abeg i want go interview for lekki abeg monitor me i know trust this company) and then set time and date when the monitor me will start, then she will then send send the monitor me to her friend which she will wait for her friend to accept the monitor. Once it gets to the time she set for the monitor to start all her friends that accept the monitor will be able to know when she get to that particular destination and when she is back home, and after that time the monitor me will expired which her friend can no longer monitor or track her movement note; her friend will be able to track her even if her phone is switch off. can't just go further to explain this features bcus there is a lot of thing about this monitor me feature that i cant just explain.

Another thing that this app will solve is that people will know the condition of a place before they get there for instance people who have an account with the app will able to update the community with traffic update, police checking point, voilence, so with these update driver will know the problem about a particular place before ahead in simple terms latest happening around an enviroment. I just can go on and on to tell you the problems this app will solve. But this is just a little of what the app will be able to solve, but at the same time i cant just spit out all the feature and what problem each of the feature will solve for instance i cant just tell you what the monitor me feature is all about in full details. Anyway thanks for your comment
I will be waiting for your response, now my question is that how many developers will be needed for this type of project and what type of developer do i need for this project. Only that am just corcern on how the news feed will be integrated thanks in advance.

Based on your explanation, the app will have real time messaging functionality (like whatsapp), limited access to the user info, providing a platform where people can get info about places before they visit...

Well, everything you mentioned I possible except for the "tracking when her phone is switched off" because when the phone switches off, it won't be able to do anything. or did you mean when the phone screen dims off?

Also, a news feed won't be needed. You only need to store reviews of people who have visited a place.

You'll need an app developer for designing and creating the user interface and a backend developer for handling the messaging, map, user authentication, security...
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by kannex: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
SALVATION30:

Based on your explanation, the app will have real time messaging functionality (like whatsapp), limited access to the user info, providing a platform where people can get info about places before they visit...

Well, everything you mentioned I possible except for the "tracking when her phone is switched off" because when the phone switches off, it won't be able to do anything. or did you mean when the phone screen dims off?

Also, a news feed won't be needed. You only need to store reviews of people who have visited a place.

You'll need an app developer for designing and creating the user interface and a backend developer for handling the messaging, map, user authentication, security...

Why i say there will be a news feed is because apart from just updating the commmunity with traffic, police checkpoints, etc, user will also be able to update the community with a 30 seconds video about what is happening in their enviroment. For instance user will be able to update the community with 30 sec video that explain a tank explosion that happen along the way, to me i think video is more explanatory than text and images, that is why i feel there should be news feed, but i will be needing your tough regarding this aspect of integrating a 30 seconds video or coming live on the platform. Once more thanks for your response. Like i said earlier i can't just spit out the whole features about the map media app.

If you look at the name of the app which i call it map media it just a map with social media functions, which will include updating the platform through videos. For instance a user can create a 30 sec video to make a review about a place he or she visit. This are just some of the feature about this app, am just telling u this because i want you to get small insight about the app so please i will be waiting for your response
Re: App developers Please Help Me With Answer This Question Abeg. by kannex: 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
All this feature is just to make people stay on the app for a long time.

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Account For Sale!!! (21k Followers) / Low Competition Keywords Researcher Needed / I Need A Website Designer To Design A Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.