Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Career Networking - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Networking (756 Views)

Networking Mistakes You Might Be Making / Cisco Networking Academy (abuja/ilorin) / ICT Networking And Security Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,
Good to be back here again after running to and fro between 2018 and 2019 when I was trying to migrate to the UK as a Nurse! thank you all for your immense contributions, it did help me in lots of ways...
The good news is I'm in the UK now, not so good news, it's lonely and boring as hell, not because there aren't people (Nigerians) around but because almost all of them I've met including other nationals (men) seem to not have grown past the average African mentality that connection/networking especially with the opposite sex is not synonymous with sexual connection embarassed cry

So here I am, going round the clock, from work to house, sleep when I'm off duty, many professional colleagues are miles away from my location so we only talk on phone.
Please if you're in Durham, Newcastle or even Sunderland and you want career connection say hi, men are also welcome if you understand that people can be friends without pants flying off except of course if along the way by mutual consent an understanding is reached and we both decide that we can try getting to know each other beyond career, otherwise females are preferred.
Thank you!
I really do look forward to great connections...
Re: Career Networking by TheManPregnant: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nomsy2:
Hello Nairalanders,
Good to be back here again after running to and fro between 2018 and 2019 when I was trying to migrate to the UK as a Nurse! thank you all for your immense contributions, it did help me in lots of ways...
The good news is I'm in the UK now, not so good news, it's lonely and boring as hell, not because there aren't people (Nigerians) around but because almost all of them I've met including other nationals (men) seem to not have grown past the average African mentality that connection/networking especially with the opposite sex is not synonymous with sexual connection embarassed cry

So here I am, going round the clock, from work to house, sleep when I'm off duty, many professional colleagues are miles away from my location so we only talk on phone.
Please if you're in Durham, Newcastle or even Sunderland and you want career connection say hi, men are also welcome if you understand that people can be friends without pants flying off except of course if along the way by mutual consent an understanding is reached and we both decide that we can try getting to know each other beyond career, otherwise females are preferred.
Thank you!

But why don't you want sex?
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
TheManPregnant:

But why don't you want sex?

Because, there are many other things in this life that are more important to me than sex. Life is choice
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2021
I have also actively searched for groups for Nigerian professionals in North-east England on almost all social media platform but nothing concrete is coming up...
If there are people here who wouldn't mind connecting with other professionals and you're in the Northeast then you're welcome to reach out, the idea is meeting and rubbing minds, it's not for those far away I already have enough people around the UK who are far away.
Thank you!
Re: Career Networking by TheManPregnant: 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nomsy2:

Because, there are many other things in this life that are more important to me than sex. Life is choice

What else could be more important than sex?

You seem to be the ambitious type, and it appears to me that your sole purpose for "networking" is to advance your career.
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2021
TheManPregnant:

What else could be more important than sex?

You seem to be the ambitious type, and it appears to me that your sole purpose for "networking" is to advance your career.
Well you're not far from the truth, I'm overly ambitious, not afraid to say it, and I'll really love to network with like minds.
Re: Career Networking by TheManPregnant: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2021
Nomsy2:

Well you're not far from the truth, I'm overly ambitious, not afraid to say it, and I'll really love to network with like minds.

"Like minds"

For some reason I dislike this term...

It just irks me.

Do you have intentions that will be mutually beneficial to the like minded fellow?
Re: Career Networking by arthurwillia(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2021
Nomsy2:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thank you!

Ehya
Na English you still Dey talk sha!

Anyway when did you move jare iya mi
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Of course, I'm not looking to becoming a parasite, I can't be looking for networking if I've got nothing to offer, don't you think?
TheManPregnant:

"Like minds"

For some reason I dislike this term...

It just irks me.

Do you have intentions that will be mutually beneficial to the like minded fellow?
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ehya
Na English you still Dey talk sha!

Anyway when did you move jare iya mi

Shebi?
Re: Career Networking by arthurwillia(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nomsy2:

Shebi?

Na English o my sister, boys don’t want to make friends
Let’s get down, except you go to church sha, by chance you might see a friend
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
arthurwillia:

Na English o my sister, boys don’t want to make friends
Let’s get down, except you go to church sha, by chance you might see a friend

Lol okay, lucky me I'm not looking for boys, thank you
Re: Career Networking by arthurwillia(m): 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nomsy2:

Lol okay, lucky me I'm not looking for boys, thank you

Ohh you are looking for man
You’ll see
Re: Career Networking by TheManPregnant: 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nomsy2:
Of course, I'm not looking to becoming a parasite, I can't be looking for networking if I've got nothing to offer, don't you think?

Who knows?

I work in Healthcare. Medical devices space.
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ohh you are looking for man
You’ll see

Nigerians lol... you go dey alright
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
TheManPregnant:

Who knows?

I work in Healthcare. Medical devices space.

ok.
Re: Career Networking by Citnix: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
All this kids on nairaland. Someone just said her mind and some elements cant just make meaningful recommendations or better off keeping quiet if they got nothing to add. Better speak when you have something to say rather than speaking just to know you can speak.
Re: Career Networking by arthurwillia(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nomsy2:

Nigerians lol... you go dey alright
m
Oo ndo o, nne, o kwa British citizen kibu? Pele iya mi wa wa alright
Re: Career Networking by Nomsy2(f): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Citnix:
All this kids on nairaland. Someone just said her mind and some elements cant just make meaningful recommendations or better off keeping quiet if they got nothing to add. Better speak when you have something to say rather than speaking just to know you can speak.

Thank you!
Re: Career Networking by TheManPregnant: 6:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nomsy2:

ok.

Are you interested in meeting?

(1) (Reply)

Do This E Get Why! / Which Online Certificate Course Can I Do / Laptop/desktop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.