Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit (426 Views)

My Problem Was Only With Arteta – Aubameyang Opens Up On Arsenal Exit / Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent / Bayern Leverkusen Mocks Peter Cech After Arsenal 2-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:02am On Aug 31, 2021
Willian has apologised to Arsenal fans for a disappointing spell at the club as he rejoins Corinthians.

The Brazil midfielder completed a move back to his home country after Arsenal terminated his contract on Monday.

"All my career I have done everything to be the best I can be - I always want to win and I find it hard to accept not doing so," the 33-year-old wrote on Instagram.

"Unfortunately it didn't happen for me at Arsenal and I am sorry about that."

Willian arrived on a free transfer in August 2020 after leaving Chelsea, signing a three-year deal reportedly worth more than £200,000 a week.

However, the 70-time Brazil international hit back at critics who he felt had claimed his move to Arsenal had been driven by "financial reasons".

"Unfortunately things on the pitch didn't go the way we had all planned and hoped - I received a lot of criticism, especially from some members of the press, [suggesting] that I had come here for financial reasons," added Willian, who scored one goal in 25 league appearances for Arsenal last season.

"I hope with my actions today [I] explain [that] to those people and they now understand that was not the case.

"I hope it teaches some people that they should not be so quick to pass judgement and create bad environments to make themselves important, even though I accept that's part of the game."

The midfielder, capped 70 times by Brazil, had not featured for the club this season. Gunners boss Mikel Arteta said before Saturday's 5-0 defeat at Manchester City that he "didn't know" why Willian's time at the club had not been more successful.

Willian - who won five trophies, including two Premier League titles, during his seven-year spell at Chelsea - returns to his home country to join Corinthians, where he began his career before leaving for Shakhtar Donetsk in 2007.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58389561

Dominique.
Mukina2.
Mynd44.

3 Likes

Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:03am On Aug 31, 2021
All the best for the future our darling Willian.
Thanks for all you did for us @the Blues.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by RevolverOcelot(m): 1:15am On Aug 31, 2021
Willian done abandon ship? cheesy
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by Tonytonex(m): 1:50am On Aug 31, 2021
All the best Willi
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by Homeboiy: 2:14am On Aug 31, 2021
No correct player go open eye go Arsenal

Arsenal just destroy this guy career
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by Igahbarr: 3:07am On Aug 31, 2021
Chelsea Football Club is the wisest club in the world. They know when a player is finished kpatakpata and release such player in a hurry and clubs like Arsenal who does not see well will rush and buy.

2 Likes

Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by aycapri(m): 3:46am On Aug 31, 2021
Igahbarr:
Chelsea Football Club is the wisest club in the world. They know when a player is finished kpatakpata and release such player in a hurry and clubs like Arsenal who does not see well will rush and buy.
i don’t think this is true. Willian was still in form when he moved to Arsenal
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by optimus106(m): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2021
3.15 ODDS
÷÷÷÷
31/08/2021 18:00
GERMANY
Heimstetten vs TSV 1896 Rain
HOME WIN
÷÷÷÷
31/08/2021 18:30
ICELAND
Thor Akureyri vs IBV Vestmannaeyjar
AWAY WIN
÷÷÷÷
31/08/2021 16:30
FINLAND
Kooteepee vs Inter Turku
AWAY WIN
÷÷÷÷

Try this today for free
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by paulolee(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2021
na moni the guy jus come arsenal to take..
I weak wen I saw dt he was among d top earners during his stay, a finished player wey arsenal no even need from d start
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by Great100000: 6:59am On Aug 31, 2021
Good Luck Willian & With His Actions In The Past Few Day, I Now Understand That It's Not About Money At All.
Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by Great100000: 7:06am On Aug 31, 2021
Igahbarr:
Chelsea is wise Club but not the way you think it is Bros, Chelsea offered him 1 year which is always Chelsea tradition of offering players who are above 30 Years 1 Year contract, even Chelsea real football legends like Ashely Cole, Lampard, Drogba & others when they reach 30s Chelsea only offered them 1 Year Contract but Chelsea later bend their rule for Willian only and offered him 2 Years and I was even very very surprised when I saw 2 Years Contract but he still reject am and he said he want 3 Years contracts when you're above 30 already, so Chelsea don't have any other option than release him and Arsenal signed him for free.

1 Like

Re: It Didn't Happen For Me' - Willian Apologises To Fans After Arsenal Exit by Igahbarr: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
Great100000:
Chelsea is wise Club but not the way you think it is Bros, Chelsea offered him 1 year which is always Chelsea tradition of offering players who are above 30 Years 1 Year contract, even Chelsea real football legends like Ashely Cole, Lampard, Drogba & others when they reach 30s Chelsea only offered them 1 Year Contract but Chelsea later bend their rule for Willian only and offered him 2 Years and I was even very very surprised when I saw 2 Years Contract but he still reject am and he said he want 3 Years contracts when you're above 30 already, so Chelsea don't have any other option than release him and Arsenal signed him for free.
But Arsenal foolishly accepted 3 years - that where Chelsea are wiser in decision making

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Pogba Snubs Ronaldo, Messi, As He Names Best Finisher He’s Ever Seen / UEFA Champions League: PSG VS Man City Betting Tips / AFCON - Moroco Vs Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.