Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent (22929 Views)

Tottenham Manager Antonio Conte Leaves club By 'mutual Consent' / Newcastle Announce Steve Bruce Sacked By Mutual Consent / Ronaldo Dedicates Juventus' 36th Italian Title To The Fans As He Eyes Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by WibusJaga: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
Boni7676:
Good one

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by zedegit: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2021
ogbiwa:
Willian has apologised to Arsenal fans for a disappointing spell at the club as he rejoins Corinthians.

The Brazil midfielder completed a move back to his home country after Arsenal terminated his contract on Monday.

"All my career I have done everything to be the best I can be - I always want to win and I find it hard to accept not doing so," the 33-year-old wrote on Instagram.

"Unfortunately it didn't happen for me at Arsenal and I am sorry about that."

Willian arrived on a free transfer in August 2020 after leaving Chelsea, signing a three-year deal reportedly worth more than £200,000 a week.

However, the 70-time Brazil international hit back at critics who he felt had claimed his move to Arsenal had been driven by "financial reasons".

"Unfortunately things on the pitch didn't go the way we had all planned and hoped - I received a lot of criticism, especially from some members of the press, [suggesting] that I had come here for financial reasons," added Willian, who scored one goal in 25 league appearances for Arsenal last season.

"I hope with my actions today [I] explain [that] to those people and they now understand that was not the case.

"I hope it teaches some people that they should not be so quick to pass judgement and create bad environments to make themselves important, even though I accept that's part of the game."

The midfielder, capped 70 times by Brazil, had not featured for the club this season. Gunners boss Mikel Arteta said before Saturday's 5-0 defeat at Manchester City that he "didn't know" why Willian's time at the club had not been more successful.

Willian - who won five trophies, including two Premier League titles, during his seven-year spell at Chelsea - returns to his home country to join Corinthians, where he began his career before leaving for Shakhtar Donetsk in 2007.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58389561

If Corinthians cannot pay him well, let him join Ephesians.

Why do some people blame Arsenal for losing to Mancity? As if it wasn't expected.

If not that Mancity has dwindled, they wire all the teams back to back: home and away.
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Handsum64: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
He was a mole
A Chelsea sellout
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by leoleo33(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
MAN ON COHABITATION IN ISHIEKE CUTS GIRLFRIEND'S HAND OVER CHRONIC CHEATING

By Charles Iteshi

Ishieke campus which is the branch of Ebonyi State University, early hours of today turned Biafra second world war between undergraduates who have been cohabiting for years now (living as married couples).

The information gathered disclosed, that the girlfriend traveled over the weekend to an unknown destination suspected to be her village home. Surprisingly, this morning, the girlfriend got their hostel of domicile unannounced, lo and behold, stormed her guy with another handbag lying down well balanced naked from head to toe.

However, out of provocation and anger, the girlfriend developed ill thoughts and feelings against her guy. When the environment wasn't condusive for the girl, having caught him red handed giving her pride and glory to another woman, the guy collected a cutlass and cut off his girlfriend's hand.

As we investigate for other information, we want to know your opinion about cohabitation amongst the students?
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by chrisooblog: 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
Respect to Willian. As an Arsenal fan I was terrible disappointed about his performance and I'm glad he himself has acknowledged how poor he was.

Praise to him too for honourably cancelling his contract and not deciding to stay and be collecting huge wages which he is legally entitled to do.

The Arsenal administration is just a joke didn't the Ozil brouhaha teach them anything? If not that Willian decided to be nice this could easily have been another complicated scenario.

ogbiwa:
Willian has apologised to Arsenal fans for a disappointing spell at the club as he rejoins Corinthians.

The Brazil midfielder completed a move back to his home country after Arsenal terminated his contract on Monday.

"All my career I have done everything to be the best I can be - I always want to win and I find it hard to accept not doing so," the 33-year-old wrote on Instagram.

"Unfortunately it didn't happen for me at Arsenal and I am sorry about that."

Willian arrived on a free transfer in August 2020 after leaving Chelsea, signing a three-year deal reportedly worth more than £200,000 a week.

However, the 70-time Brazil international hit back at critics who he felt had claimed his move to Arsenal had been driven by "financial reasons".

"Unfortunately things on the pitch didn't go the way we had all planned and hoped - I received a lot of criticism, especially from some members of the press, [suggesting] that I had come here for financial reasons," added Willian, who scored one goal in 25 league appearances for Arsenal last season.

"I hope with my actions today [I] explain [that] to those people and they now understand that was not the case.

"I hope it teaches some people that they should not be so quick to pass judgement and create bad environments to make themselves important, even though I accept that's part of the game."

The midfielder, capped 70 times by Brazil, had not featured for the club this season. Gunners boss Mikel Arteta said before Saturday's 5-0 defeat at Manchester City that he "didn't know" why Willian's time at the club had not been more successful.

Willian - who won five trophies, including two Premier League titles, during his seven-year spell at Chelsea - returns to his home country to join Corinthians, where he began his career before leaving for Shakhtar Donetsk in 2007.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58389561

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Angelfrost(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
Great guy... Good move away from that theater of nightmares.

Willian was never the problem! Same way we can't really blame Aubameyang, Saka, White, Leno, etc... As mediocre as they look now, switch them to other serious clubs with visionary managers and watch them playing differently.

Arsenal needs a complete overhaul: New owners, new coach, New back room staff, New everything... The foundation is so rotten that it made a player of Willian's quality look so bad! Just look at Aubameyang, Saka, aand Pepe!

Arsenal Owners, coach and fans should be the ones apologizing to Willian! tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by ajl: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2021
I am surprised. William is one of the most reliable and selfless player. The fact that it didn't click for him at Arsenal says a lot about the current state of the club.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Christmasdon(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
We should pray and be hopeful my own team don't ever turn one day to become arsenal becoz this world get as e-be.
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by tafat: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2021
its not willian, its arsenal
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Asiseeit: 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2021
PhenomenalAustin:
I just want to tell YOU going hard times, that things will be better!

People are worse off than you for real! Just keep on fighting

You'll definitely come out victorious! smiley

Thanks man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Anaerobi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2021
Thank God he left Chelsea.

He paved way for others.
Mostly
Kai, Pulisic, Ziyech, Timo, Odoi.

1 Like

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by IgboWarlord(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2021
Willian na real man jor..Foregoing €24million no be chais.He understood that there is absolutely nothing more he can do for Arsenal and instead of running his fat contract down,he decided to tear it up and leave..Wish you well bro.(Even if you follow for the Agents of darkness sent across London to hasten our downfall.Cech and David Luiz na the other two)..Wish that basta..r..d Spaniard can take a cue and resign so we can pick the pieces of our beloved club and patch it up..But he wont resign,Arsenal board go wait till we are in an actual relegation battle by December before they sack him..

1 Like

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Rugaria: 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2021
Commentor:
Willian has just shown himself to be reasonable and selfless.

Forgoing over 20m pounds isn't a decision many would make.

Salute to a true OG.

Wish you great success and pride in your future endeavours.

I surely won't make such a decision.
When you're not fit and down, the clubs dispense you quickly. But when the clubs are going through some rough patches , they will expect you to understand. I won't! I will sit it out and collect my last dime..
It's called "do me I do you" over here..
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Commentor: 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Rugaria:

I surely won't make such a decision.
When you're not fit and down, the clubs dispense you quickly. But when the clubs are going through some rough patches , they will expect you to understand. I won't! I will sit it out and collect my last dime..
It's called "do me I do you" over here..

Exactly what I said earlier.

Such decisions are not for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Bamzyriches451: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2021
Good luck willie
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Commentor: 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
zedegit:

If Corinthians cannot pay him well, let him join Ephesians.

Why do some people blame Arsenal for losing to Mancity? As if it wasn't expected.

If not that Mancity has dwindled, they wire all the teams back to back: home and away.

No one is complaining about the loss.

The issue is the performance.
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by zedegit: 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
Commentor:

No one is complaining about the loss.

The issue is the performance.

So far as they will win at home to Norwich, they are merely being Arsenal.
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by 2kurupt(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
At least he still has a character & conscience.
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by baralatie(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
After everything Chelsea did to Willians career, arsenal just carry their juju come scatter all the guy good record finish lipsrsealed
Chai
Re: Willian Apologises To Arsenal Fans As His Contract Is Ended By Mutual Consent by Kayharry(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Bad move for arsenal for signing him at that age . Most Brazilian lost touches from 28 yrs upward thier mind is back home . Watch him shine in Corinthians .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Utd In Talk With Valverde To Replace Solskjaer After Zidane, Pochettino Snub / Ramos Sent Off In Third PSG Appearance As French Club Struggles Continue / Paralympics: Tijani Wins First Medal For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.