Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? (1774 Views)

Yobe Deputy Governor's Son, Two Others Die In Road Crash / This is not Dubai, this is Yobe state (photos) / With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Gynn: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2021
A friend will like to travel from lagos and get to Yobe on Friday morning, preferably.

I learnt there's no direct flight from Lagos down there.

So the best route is to take flight from Lagos to Kano. And then bus from Kano to Potiskum.

Can someone who has experience point out where he can take bus in Kano to Potiskum.

MODIFIED

Thanks everyone for your contributions. Journey was successful
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Davash222(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2021
I like that name Potiskum.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by qwertyboss(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2021
Gynn:
A friend will like to travel from lagos and get to Yobe on Friday morning, preferably.

So the best route is to take flight from Lagos to Kano. And then bus from Kano to Potiskum.

Can someone who has experience point out where he can take bus in Kano to Potiskum.

Thanks
Kano line...
4-5am

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by BabbanBura(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2021
qwertyboss:

Kano line...
4-5am

Never embark on any road journey this early in any part of Nigeria (especially the North) if you value your life

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by SocialJustice: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2021
Gynn:

Thanks
You answered your question. Your friend could go to Abuja by air too. I think there are more flight options to the north from there.
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Gynn: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2021
qwertyboss:

Kano line...
4-5am

Thanks man.
Although that's quite early.
I believe there should be buses that'll leave later in the day. Right?
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Gynn: 11:14am On Aug 31, 2021
BabbanBura:

Never embark on any road journey thus early in any part of Nigeria (especially the North) if you value your life

I agree. Insecurity too high.
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Gynn: 11:15am On Aug 31, 2021
SocialJustice:
You answered your question. Your friend could go to Abuja by air too. I think there are more flight options to the north from there.

I appreciate man.
But Yobe doesn't have an Airport, or do they?
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by aieromon(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2021
Gynn:

Thanks

You can actually leave Lagos and arrive Potiskum same day.

Take an early morning flight to Kano. At the airport, take an airport shuttle and inform the driver to drop you off at the Damaturu bus park (I can't remember the name of the park).

Kano to Potiskum is about 4 hours and the roads are safe and motorable. You need to land in Kano latest 12noon to have any chance of entering Potiskum before 7pm (delay in loading of passengers at the bus park).

Alternatively, you could decide to use the car hire service from Kano airport to Potiskum-Damaturu (costs roughly NGN40,000).

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by aieromon(m): 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2021
Gynn:

I appreciate man.
But Yobe doesn't have an Airport, or do they?

Construction is ongoing and is open to private planes for now
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by qwertyboss(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
Gynn:

Thanks man.
Although that's quite early.
I believe there should be buses that'll leave later in the day. Right?
That's not when the journey starts...
But that's the right time to go to the park....
It's
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Gynn: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2021
aieromon:

You can actually leave Lagos and arrive Potiskum same day.

Take an early morning flight to Kano. At the airport, take an airport shuttle and inform the driver to drop you off at the Damaturu bus park (I can't remember the name of the park).

Kano to Potiskum is about 4 hours and the roads are safe and motorable. You need to land in Kano latest 12noon to have any chance of entering Potiskum before 7pm (delay in loading of passengers at the bus park).

Alternatively, you could decide to use the car hire service from Kano airport to Potiskum-Damaturu (costs roughly NGN40,000).

Oh great.
Thanks a lot
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Gynn: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
qwertyboss:

That's not when the journey starts...
But that's the right time to go to the park....
It's

Ok. I see now
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by qwertyboss(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
Gynn:

Ok. I see now
If only you can fly to any northeast states, your journey could have been much more easier...
And mark you! Evening/night Journey are the most discouraged in the north....
Most drivers leave early to cover the danger zones
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
This one wan go die
Re: What's The Best Way To Travel From Lagos To Yobe State? by Plut01: 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lagbaja88:
This one wan go die

He just wan go serve him father's land.

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Refused Entry Into The UK!! / Need Cheap Taxi/cab Services In Dallas / Different Middle Name On GRE And Toefl Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.