Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless (1576 Views)

Nokia 3.4 Where Is The 4gb Rom/64gb Rom Section? / A Uk Used Phone With 4gb Ram Or 6gb Ram Is Urgently Needed. Price 40k - 43k / Hot 5 Ram Is Rubbish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by x123xlolls(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
I am trying to loging to Npower portal to download the PPA for my sis.

But when ever I minimized my Chrome to answer or make call this infinix S5 will automatically shutdown the browser.

Only two apps? But low ram? The phone is 64gb Rom / 4gb Ram.

Is this a sign I need to move out of Transmission or transsiion or trans or trash (what ever you call the company) ??.

Before you blast me, check my old posts on NL you will see my screenshots with this infinix, I have been using it since, now tired

Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Jirilistic(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ram is not the only thing that is important in retaining apps
Ur processor matters as well
My infinix phone with 4gb ram and Helio G85 can retain more than 6 apps in the background.
So don't be quick to categorize all transsion phones as bad

4 Likes

Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by x123xlolls(m): 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2021
The poster above me, I will just say Hmmmm
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by sunshineV(f): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
bad ram management. move away from trashion

3 Likes

Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by seunlayi(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
sunshineV:
bad ram management. move away from trashion
this is happening on Miui also. It's left for the user to look for a way out by performing some tweaks to enhance the device to suit him.
Remembered how my former redmi 7a of 2gig ram was modified for better ram management than the factory settings. Same thing happened to this redmi note 10 with 4gig ram. Until I flashed the EU version rom and perform some adjustments before I started enjoying my phone.

Op can also join some relevant WhatsApp group or telegram to get more information about his phone.

That phone will still serve you. It's left for you to do something.

Proudly Xiaomi Fan

1 Like

Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Sylvaxxl1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
seunlayi:
this is happening on Miui also. It's left for the user to look for a way out by performing some tweaks to enhance the device to suit him.
Remembered how my former redmi 7a of 2gig ram was modified for better ram management than the factory settings. Same thing happened to this redmi note 10 with 4gig ram. Until I flashed the EU version rom and perform some adjustments before I started enjoying my phone.

Op can also join some relevant WhatsApp group or telegram to get more information about his phone.

Proudly Xiaomi Fan
Please what was the process like and how did you get the OS you used in flashing it
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by sunshineV(f): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
seunlayi:

Proudly Xiaomi Fan
there's a a way around it on xiaomi(custom roms), transsion device have very little support
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Enigma2049(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2021
sunshineV:
there's a a way around it on xiaomi(custom roms), transsion device have very little support

What way plz?
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Tolu181: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2021
I hate poor Ram management die

I just ordered for Xiaomi note 10s 6gb ram, i hope i wouldn't go through the same fate as o.p
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by sunshineV(f): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
Tolu181:
I hate poor Ram management die

I just ordered for Xiaomi note 10s 6gb ram, i hope i wouldn't go through the same fate as o.p
xiaomi have poor ram management too bt they fixed it a bit on android 11
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by sunshineV(f): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
Enigma2049:

What way plz?
custom roms
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Tolu181: 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2021
sunshineV:
xiaomi have poor ram management too bt they fixed it a bit on android 11
nawa

Na to just port enter iPhone

This Xiaomi note 10s will be my last android
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by sunshineV(f): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
Tolu181:
nawa

Na to just port enter iPhone

This Xiaomi note 10s will be my last android
like i said, they fixed it a bit but not on pixel or one plus level. which iphone do u intend to buy?
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Tolu181: 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2021
sunshineV:
like i said, they fixed it a bit but not on pixel or one plus level. which iphone do u intend to buy?
i have ordered xiaomi note 10s
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by seunlayi(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2021
Sylvaxxl1:

Please what was the process like and how did you get the OS you used in flashing it
do you mean for the Redmi Note 10 or redmi in 7a?
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by sunshineV(f): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
Tolu181:
i have ordered xiaomi note 10s
i understand, i meant the iphone u might be getting next?
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by x123xlolls(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
I will go for ram management
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Tolu181: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
sunshineV:
i understand, i meant the iphone u might be getting next?
iPhone 12

But now i don use part of my money to get note 10s

So no more iPhone till next year, which means i will get iPhone 13mini
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Tolu181:
iPhone 12

But now i don use part of my money to get note 10s

So no more iPhone till next year, which means i will get iPhone 13mini
See as you dey call iPhone 12,13 like say na 1 kobo grin

1 Like

Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Kernalboy: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
Lollittaa:

See as you dey call iPhone 12,13 like say na 1 kobo grin
hahahahahah two of you are really funny
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Sylvaxxl1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
seunlayi:
do you mean for the Redmi Note 10 or redmi in 7a?
The 7a
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by latiephwald(m): 7:46am On Sep 01, 2021
This is why you people just need to go for Samsung phones. Best Android device ever.
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by skywalker240(m): 7:52am On Sep 01, 2021
grin
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by seunlayi(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sylvaxxl1:

The 7a
Ok

Join redmi 7a on telegram.

How if I may ask which rom you are using now
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by Sylvaxxl1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
seunlayi:

Ok

Join redmi 7a on telegram.

How if I may ask which rom you are using now
Kernel version: 4.9.193-perf-ga045b6a
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by TNORWAY: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
seunlayi:

Proudly Xiaomi Fan
what type of telegram group please?
Re: Finally, The 4gb INFINIX RAM Is Useless by OneGeek(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2021
Well, your phone is nearing 4 years with no sequel in sight. It runs Android 9 on a Helio P22 chipset and I'm guessing you're using a recent Chrome version (90+)

The problem is not far fetched.

Your Infinix S5 is behind the times, and telling you it's time to move on. Alternatively, you can try to be more conscious about your RAM use. Open one app at a time, clear out the RAM often etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine Crises- MTN Announces Free 30mins Call And 50 SMS For Their Subscribers / Is This The BEST PHONE Under 100K In Nigeria? / Original Smartphone Mpie M7 Plus Mtk6752 Octa Core 5.5 Inch 1080p 4gbram 16gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.