Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? (3650 Views)

The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? / Pastor Adeboye At 76, Human or a spirit? - Sunnewsonline / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by sonmvayina(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

This is a stale and fake news.

No its not, that the only deity that fits Allah. Remember Allah was already being worshiped before Muhammad was even born. His fathers name is Abdullah, which means " servant of allah"...

So Allah is not a new God.....
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by 22jumpstreet: 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

Not convenience but propriety! God never used it or she for Himself!

And yes, He is unlike humans that have gender.

Personification....so what is personified?
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by AntiChristian: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Personification....so what is personified?

God is personified just the way He personified Himself. No addition nor subtraction.
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by 22jumpstreet: 7:35am On Sep 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

God is personified just the way He personified Himself. No addition nor subtraction.

You did not answer my query. What is God.

He is obviously not a man or human being. So what is God that was given human attributes?
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by AntiChristian: 7:44am On Sep 21, 2021
22jumpstreet:

You did not answer my query. What is God.

He is obviously not a man or human being. So what is God that was given human attributes?

God is who is He. We only have human brain which of course can't wrap around His existence.

And God has His attributes at the loftiest! He was not given human attributes. He is free of wants, worthy of all praise!
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by 22jumpstreet: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

God is who is He. We only have human brain which of course can't wrap around His existence.

And God has His attributes at the loftiest! He was not given human attributes. He is free of wants, worthy of all praise!

Lol..I did not ask you all these..

Going by your first line, the sun is what it is. Is the sun =God.?

God is not a man, but something was personified and given human attributes...what is it? That is my question

From all indication, you don't even know what you are worshipping.
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by AntiChristian: 11:30am On Sep 21, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Lol..I did not ask you all these..

Going by your first line, the sun is what it is. Is the sun =God.?

So what are you asking? The Sun didn't tell me anything. The attributes of Allah are from what He says and what His messengers say of Him.

God is not a man, but something was personified and given human attributes...what is it? That is my question
I don't know what was personified in your thoughts. My God is not personified sha. And even if in He has anything in common with man, His is of the hightest standard and incomparable to that of man.

From all indication, you don't even know what you are worshipping.

I think your God is not really a God. Probably a Jinn.
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by sonmvayina(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

So what are you asking? The Sun didn't tell me anything. The attributes of Allah are from what He says and what His messengers say of Him.

I don't know what was personified in your thoughts. My God is not personified sha. And even if in He has anything in common with man, His is of the hightest standard and incomparable to that of man.

I have been following your post, if I may ask. What is Allah? As a novice that is coming into islam; how would you describe or pitch Allah for me..
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by 22jumpstreet: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Are you insinuating that Allah is a humanoid?
That can talk and speak languages like we do

Or is it just an idea ??
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by AntiChristian: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Are you insinuating that Allah is a humanoid?
That can talk and speak languages like we do

Or is it just an idea ??

grin

Humanoid? Who said such?

Allah has hands, Feet but not like ours! Other creatures may have those features which may or may not be like ours!
Allah has the attribute of seeing but His vision encompasses all things. A human can only see what is in his line of sight.
Allah has the attribute of hearing! He hears all sounds! Human sound is limited to about 20Hz to 20kHz.
So in essence, Allah is not comparable to anyone among Human, Jinn (spirit) or Angels.
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by 22jumpstreet: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

grin

Humanoid? Who said such?

Allah has hands, Feet but not like ours! Other creatures may have those features which may or may not be like ours!
Allah has the attribute of seeing but His vision encompasses all things. A human can only see what is in his line of sight.
Allah has the attribute of hearing! He hears all sounds! Human sound is limited to about 20Hz to 20kHz.
So in essence, Allah is not comparable to anyone among Human, Jinn (spirit) or Angels.

Looks like an idol to me....he has form.
Allah seems to be sin/Nanna in mythology...

The moon god.

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Sin_(mythology)
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by AntiChristian: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Looks like an idol to me....he has form.
Allah seems to be sin/Nanna in mythology...

The moon god.

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Sin_(mythology)

grin

Where/what is His form? (Shake head)

Allah himself clarified your moon-god theory in the Qur'an about 1400 years ago.

He said what means: And He (Allah) it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.(Qur'an 21:33)

See that beautiful verse?
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by 22jumpstreet: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

grin

Where/what is His form? (Shake head)

Allah himself clarified your moon-god theory in the Qur'an about 1400 years ago.

He said what means: And He (Allah) it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.(Qur'an 21:33)

See that beautiful verse?

Is that how you console yourself?

Allah was a deity in the Arabian pantheon. Muhammad father was called Abdullah, which means servant of Allah. Allah is said to have children Allat and Co just like sin/Nanna who is the father of shamash and Ishtar.
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by AntiChristian: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Is that how you console yourself?

Allah was a deity in the Arabian pantheon. Muhammad father was called Abdullah, which means servant of Allah. Allah is said to have children Allat and Co just like sin/Nanna who is the father of shamash and Ishtar.

grin

Bring verifiable evidence here. I have busted your lies that Allah was a moon-god.

1. Bring evidence that Allah was a deity in Arabian Pantheon.

2. Bring evidence that Allah has children Allat and co just like sin/Nanna who is the father of shamash and Ishtar.

You should note that Arabian societies before Islam were not atheistic societies that denied the existence of Allaah, or societies that were unaware that there is a Lord, Creator and Provider. They knew that, and they still retained some traces of the religion of Ibraaheem, and they had contact with Jews and Christians. But their problem was that they did not worship Allaah Alone in exclusion to others; they had other gods whom they associated in worship with Him, and which they worshipped not on the basis that they were the Lord, the Creator the Provider, but because they claimed that these were intermediaries who would intercede between them and Allaah and bring them closer to Allaah. Hence Allaah said concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if you (O Muhammad) ask them: ‘Who has created the heavens and the earth,’ they will certainly say: ‘Allaah’” [Luqmaan 31:25]

This indicates that they acknowledged that Allaah is the Creator. Another aayah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, if you ask them: ‘Who created the heavens and the earth?’ Surely, they will say: ‘Allaah (has created them)’”[al-Zumar 39:38]

Many aayaat indicated that they believed in the Unity of Lordship (Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah); their shirk was with regard to divinity (uloohiyyah), as Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who take Awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, lords, gods) besides Him (say): ‘We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allaah’” [al-Zumar 39:3]

i.e., they said, we only worship them so that they may bring us closer to Allaah.

From https://islamqa.info/en/answers/12222/did-the-arabs-know-about-allaah-before-the-prophet-peace-and-blessings-of-allaah-be-upon-him-was-sent
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by Nwchkwgz: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
sonmvayina:

I have been following your post, if I may ask. What is Allah? As a novice that is coming into islam; how would you describe or pitch Allah for me..
The earth goddess undecided
Islam more like isi ala grin grin
That’s why they are more practice cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abeg na joke oo

1 Like

Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by sonmvayina(m): 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Nwchkwgz:

The earth goddess undecided
Islam more like isi ala grin grin
That’s why they are more practice cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abeg na joke oo

The joke enter....lol
Re: If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? by Nwchkwgz: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

The joke enter....lol
Sense in every nonsense grin
West Africa is the birthplace of spirituality

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / Is There Any Real Babalawo Or Ifa Priest Here? / Why Is The Narrow Gate Hard To Enter? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.