Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,727 members, 7,862,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:09 PM

We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola (511 Views)

Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Photo : See Train Named After First Lady Patience Jonathan / First City Monument Bank On Fire In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola by calid16: 12:21pm On May 22, 2011
Every where there's university. Airport named after all manner of charlatans but what about true heroes. Not one university, not one Airport, nothing named after former illustrous of premier of southwest. Chief Akintola challenged the stereotype image of southwesterner of fearing fight. When soldiers come to arrest him in 1966, he brought out his gun, may be equivalent of Ak47 now, and exchange fire with the coup plotters. He probably shouted, "you mofos won't take me alive" as he exchanged bullets with the
Re: We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola by hercules07: 12:26pm On May 22, 2011
I think the SW should name more monuments after him, inasmuch as I did not really like his politics, he was a leader in the West and should be accorded the more honour, maybe a major street in each of the states named after him.
Re: We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola by calid16: 12:26pm On May 22, 2011
bullets with them. He died with guns blazing in his arm like Butch Cassidy and Sundance kid, god i love that film. Please Tinubu, ACN and Fashola should ensure he gets his respect 45 years after.
Re: We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola by aieromon(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2011
Are you refering to Ladoke Akintola?

If yes,you might need to Google LAUTECH for more information.
Re: We Need National Monument Named After Chief Akintola by calid16: 12:49pm On May 22, 2011
Lautech ! Are you kidding me ? There're local govt primary schools better known than Lautech. How many people do you know went to Lautech ?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Style Of Voting / Breaking News: Jonathan Appoints Anyim As Sgf / Reps Take N2.3b Cars As Parting Gifts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.