Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S (63410 Views)

Super Tucano Jets Pound Boko Haram Enclaves In Sambisa Forest, Kill 49 Terrorist / Garba Shehu: Kukah’s Criticism Of FG Led To Delayed Delivery Of Tucano Jets / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by mfm04622: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2021
walozanga:

U absolutely don't know wat terrorism is all about.
I am willing to learn. Teach me with evidences.

Thanks in advance
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by gawu1: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2021
Ipob pigs and other enemies of the State will not be happy reading this good news.
According to them, US is only helping Buhari fulanisation/Islamization agenda.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by NGpatriot: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2021
[s]
seanjy4konji:
Can they approach UAE and tell them they want to sell tuscano to combat or fight warThis toys?

They know Nigeria is a dumping ground and how leaders are more concerend about looting.....

what will they use tuscano for in 2021 warfare....

Even SOMALIA president wil neever buy this toys for 500 million dollars...

Useless bigot americans...

Tueh.
[/s]

I'm immune to ipobian terrorist ignorant rubbish...

Which one are you? ugm or esn terrorist? How many shool girl vigines you don kill for juju?

Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by 11doubledee: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2021
Sirjamo:
PDP Dundees will still find a way to rubbish this, after their slave masters squandered
$ 2.1b they should have used to buy these jets and finish Boko Haram in its early days.
I applaud this move by the government, if only PDP under Jonathan hadn't squandered that 2.1b dollars,probably things may not have degenerated to this level.
Insecurity as it stands today is our biggest problem as a nation,because it threatens our existence as humans before any other thing.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Sirjamo: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2021
11doubledee:

I applaud this move by the government, if only PDP under Jonathan hadn't squandered that 2.1b dollars,probably things may not have degenerated to this level.
Insecurity as it stands today is our biggest problem as a nation,because it threatens our existence as humans before any other thing.
God bless you my brother, our country will over come this security challenge by the grace of God.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Collinsanele: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2021
Bolustical:
If it were Jonathan and the PDP government, they would have Dasukified the money.

Nigeria would have forgotten BH existed if they had bought those arms then.

Thank God for a better president now.

Do you realise your beloved Buhari has been in power for many years and has done NOTHING.
Stop celebrating mediocrity.
It's best to toil the path of excellence.
Finally, don't love your president more than your country, it's so unpatriotic and selfish.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by sulaak(m): 10:07am On Sep 01, 2021
Jostoman:
Can you imagine, $500m for a tucano to fight the monster they created why some people don't even know what they are going to eat today. Nawao.

To make matter worse the US gave the Taliban 23 Tucano jet for free grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by NGpatriot: 10:08am On Sep 01, 2021
Bolustical:
If it were Jonathan and the PDP government, they would have Dasukified the money.

Nigeria would have forgotten BH existed if they had bought those arms then.

Thank God for a better president now.

This is what I love about PMB, no room for mago mago, he made sure it was a country-to-country transaction without any looting and stealing middlemen. We wrote our check to the state department, they entered the transaction into the US register and they issued us receipt detailing what we are getting from the 12 planes to bombs, training, parts, hanger, base, avionics and so on.

...but under GEJ and before him, they used to pocket nearly the whole money in return for used, useless and almost obsolete weapons, the last Alpha Jets they bought were decommissioned planes from a private collector without bomb racks or any weapon-carrying or firing capabilities, we had to reconfigure them to carry bombs..

The same thing with the Siemens power deal, it's a country-to-country deal with Garmany, no room for looting and stealing as we experienced under OBJ and his PDP looting and stealing gang when they stole $16 billion power funds and still left us in darkness.

God bless PMB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by seunayantokun(m): 11:25am On Sep 01, 2021
That was why that US envoy was spewing trash saying Tucano would help fight terrorism when she knew that terrorists are the ones in charge of FGN and will use the jets to kill innocent soldiers and civilians. For them, it's always American business interests first.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by xrenzy(m): 11:31am On Sep 01, 2021
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/nigeria-paid-500m-for-new-tucano-jets-u-s

Photo: U.S and Nigerian officials during the induction ceremony of the six newly acquired A-29 Super Tucano aircraft into the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Order of Battle in Abuja
very useless wicked government
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by peculiar2233: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2021
Sirjamo:
PDP Dundees will still find a way to rubbish this, after their slave masters squandered
$ 2.1b they should have used to buy these jets and finish Boko Haram in its early days.
Mumu still blaming PDP after 6 years
Ur paying master has failed woefully
U shld bury ur head in shame
Aja dudu
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Sirjamo: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2021
peculiar2233:

Mumu still blaming PDP after 6 years
Ur paying master has failed woefully
U shld bury ur head in shame
Aja dudu
Address the issues Mr clown. Did your Poverty Development Party not steal the $2.1b meant for arms.

A thief is a thief, six years or sixty years doesn't matter.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by NorthernSerene(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
Sirjamo:
Toh! It get as it be, that money way dem share dat time even the emirs from the North here get their own cut o.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Thetruthalways: 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
compton11:
but this propeller are slow and easy to bomb
They are factors considered when buying these jets...
They are cheap and easy to maintain...they also have precision guided munitions...they are manuafcatured by Embraer...we need attact jets not fighting aircrafts for dog fight....
Are you aware that they were used by US in Afgahnistan?...so that alone should tell you they are okay to be used in Nigeria...
We don't manufacture these jets so we have to buy what was offered as they won't even sell some of those jets even if we have the money....
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by olaolaking: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Jostoman:
Can you imagine, $500m for a tucano to fight the monster they created why some people don't even know what they are going to eat today. Nawao.
So what's your point?
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2021
Offpoint1:
3 will crash before December, another 3 will be missing before December, the remaining 6 will be out of service before mid next year.
Are you a PDP apologist or an enemy of progress? Read what you wrote again and imagine what will happen to the Pilots if your wishes come true. How can we be this bitter? If the Govt doesn't buy weapons, you complain; when they buy, you pray for it to crash. It's true that we deserve the leaders we have
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by KingDamzzy(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
The government is spending this much on fighting terrorism and some people will say they are pampering terrorists and bandits.

We will win this war on terrorism. Anybody that is sponsoring or endorsing violence or terrorism just because Buhari and APC is their problem with meet their waterloo soon.

May the Federal Republic of Nigeria continue to progress.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by KingDamzzy(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Offpoint1:
3 will crash before December, another 3 will be missing before December, the remaining 6 will be out of service before mid next year.

Lmaooo children of hate and perdition have come alive. Whatever you wish the pilots that are trying to help us fight insecurity will come to you and your family ten folds.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by goslowgoslow(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Triangles1:

Your name say it all Baba Go slow slow.
You lack common sense!
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by tellmemore15: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2021
Very wrong bargaining, that's too much for those planes.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Offpoint1: 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2021
Siwel25:

Are you a PDP apologist or an enemy of progress? Read what you wrote again and imagine what will happen to the Pilots if your wishes come true. How can we be this bitter? If the Govt doesn't buy weapons, you complain; when they buy, you pray for it to crash. It's true that we deserve the leaders we have
I no suppose reply because naturally Buhari supporters no get sense.

As you no get sense you suppose know sey fighters jets get ejectors.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by afube: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2021
deji17:

Part of the cost is personnel training , helipad etc. You should get a copy of the details as reported in other news and way before now.

even with personnel training, the extra 150 million dollars is way too high, I have a bit of knowledge on just how opaque weapons acquisition can be, the problem is that there are too many rogues in corridors of power in Abuja. Are 12 turboprops the best we can get for 500 million dollars?........... I seriously doubt it.

The problem is that Fulanis who have run the show in the defense ministry in Nigeria for such a long time, simply lack the ambition to dream big dreams........increasingly its become clear that we simply do not have the requisite skilled manpower to negotiate and play in the global stage. There are dozens of fighter aircraft under development all over the world, if we play the game well we can convince the development partners to allow us to invest in one of the projects even as minor investors...........that Pakistani/Chinese jet NAF (J10) bought is a baby of this kind of multilateral developments of new jet fighters..........in my view we could have invested 1/2 billion dollars in the plane's development and in turn we would have gotten maybe 3/5 squadrons of the plane and invaluable knowledge on how to build and to maintain the j10,anyway wetin i sabi.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by deji17: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
afube:

even with personnel training, the extra 150 million dollars is way too high, I have a bit of knowledge on just how opaque weapons acquisition can be, the problem is that there are too many rogues in corridors of power in Abuja. Are 12 turboprops the best we can get for 500 million dollars?........... I seriously doubt it.

The problem is that Fulanis who have run the show in the defense ministry in Nigeria for such a long time, simply lack the ambition to dream big dreams........increasingly its become clear that we simply do not have the requisite skilled manpower to negotiate and play in the global stage. There are dozens of fighter aircraft under development all over the world, if we play the game well we can convince the development partners to allow us to invest in one of the projects even as minor investors...........that Pakistani/Chinese jet NAF (J10) bought is a baby of this kind of multilateral developments of new jet fighters..........in my view we could have invested 1/2 billion dollars in the plane's development and in turn we would have gotten maybe 3/5 squadrons of the plane and invaluable knowledge on how to build and to maintain the j10,anyway wetin i sabi.

You probably think an Azubuike will do a better job? This is bigotry.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by afube: 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
deji17:

You probably think an Azubuike will do a better job? This is bigotry.

You know exactly what I am talking about, Hell will freeze over before an Azubuike is given the chance to lead any Nigerian defense ministry! the evidence is clear and overwhelming..........Fulanis have been in charge of the defense ministry since 1960...........our defense capabilities are subpar compared to our potential, in fact, it is downright shambolic.... being politically correct will not cut it!
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by NGpatriot: 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
afube:

If you are going to claim expert when it comes to weapons and military hardware or dispute anything, shouldn't you give us your own breakdown and the going rate for each unite of the Tucano, the going rate for training each personnel, the cost for spare parts, software, hanger construction fo0r 12 planes, the price for each bombs and rockets (We are getting thousands of precision and guided bombs and rockets, avionics and targeting software, also the cost of tens of thousands of cannon shells for the Gatling gun on each Tucano.

This is the problem with you Igbos, you open your mouth just to lie and spew ignorant nonsense without facts to support your rubbish with.

The only weapon you obviously know about is your inter village fighting cutlass... grin grin

Btw, so the rogues in power wrote a check for our order and sent it the US state department so the US state department and the pentagon took some of the money and sent kickback to the rogues in power right here in Nigeria even though the US gave us receipt for the exact amount they received from us?

Is this how the typical ipobian brain functions?

I think there's a factory somewhere in abia where they manufacture warped thinking Igbos and bad batch.

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by deji17: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2021
afube:

You know exactly what I am talking about, Hell will freeze over before an Azubuike is given the chance to lead any Nigerian defense ministry! the evidence is clear and overwhelming..........Fulanis have been in charge of the defense ministry since 1960...........our defense capabilities are subpar compared to our potential, in fact, it is downright shambolic.... being politically correct will not cut it!

But an Azubuike was there not too long ago. What miracle exactly did he perform? Has an Azubuike stopped Abia or Enugu from being a shit hole? This is bigotry.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Ovamboland(m): 6:39am On Sep 02, 2021
Kirchoffs:
Can't you just think without joining party affiliations? you are a lost cause well I can't blame you Sha, you are only fighting for your 20k monthly BMC salary.
but you are yet to think outside BMC salary for people's opinions. Is that not PDP line of thought?
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Ovamboland(m): 6:43am On Sep 02, 2021
mfm04622:

Prince of Lagos? And you made this kind of claim? You can't be related to Lagos ooo!

1. Terrorist get landing strip?
2. terrorists get fuel for the plane?
3. terrorists get pilot?
4. If them get all, dem get the ammunition for the plane?

Smhhh!

They are not able to think this far, too much stress
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Ovamboland(m): 6:54am On Sep 02, 2021
Rexymania:
Old skool jets....na wa o. Which country still dey use this kind jets?

2018 jets are old school? What do you know?

You know so much and you're not a Air Vice Marshal.
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Ovamboland(m): 7:00am On Sep 02, 2021
Senoiret:
$500m for tucano aircraft, damn it , Africa is reasonably biting the saw dust from America's technology, when they already developed new generation fighter jets like the f- 35 lighting jet, tempest , f 15 and b2 bomber, global hawk drone, and we paid so much for this piece of nonsense,

If you want to kill a fly do you launch a nuclear ICBM or get a fly swat/insecticide?
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Ovamboland(m): 7:06am On Sep 02, 2021
iceybux:
Please are those people and those things behind them the Tucano jets... cos I don’t understand the pix...another propaganda to embezzle funds...

You don't understand, can't find out and already reached a conclusion, ain't that shallow?
Re: Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S by Ovamboland(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021
VicM6:
This Americans don do us mugu.... imagine... 500millon dollars for some shit fighter jet..... why didn't the America sell the likes of F15, 16 etc to the Nigeria govt...... Even 500 millon dollars will give you abt 13 SU-34 Russian figher jet...... nawa o.

They are not jets they are turboprop COIN air fighters.

We don't need F16 jets per se,we are not engaging in dogfights with Boko Haram air force.

There's a right tool for every job, a plier is not the best tool to remove a bolt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son / Throwback Post Of Jonathan When He Visited North East Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.