Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,806 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Dangers Of Developing Land Even After Doing Proper Agreement - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangers Of Developing Land Even After Doing Proper Agreement (176 Views)

Should This Land Even EXIST??? / Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? / FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Developing Land Even After Doing Proper Agreement by phemmylink(m): 1:43am On Sep 01, 2021
One have to be careful before taking this step. Late last year due to the COVID brouhaha, it made me realize the need to have multiple streams of income.

So I took a long stroll through my area meditating on what one can do to to make ends meet. I came up with the idea of a patent shop and while I was ruminating on a location I saw a family friend and I shared the idea with her and to cut the long story short her mum gave me a call that she is giving me a little space in front of their compound if I need it to build shop for me to fulfill my dream.

The next step was to contact my legal practitioner and I was advised that we must have a proper agreement. I told her I will take her on the offer if we have proper agreement. She was adamant that this was not needed at first until she later agreed.

Fast forward, when I finished the project, 90 percent complete I drew up the agreement. It was stipulated that the amount spent will be factored into rent and the years ran into 42 years which was duels signed by owners of the land. A month later, the eldest sister started ranting about the fact that the years was too long and before I know what was happening, they called me up that they were no more interested in the agreement anymore. Nairalanders, the building costed over a million. At this point what do I do next… because from the look of things they wanted to play a fast one on me unknowingly, thank God I did agreement with them.
Re: Dangers Of Developing Land Even After Doing Proper Agreement by mariovito(m): 2:00am On Sep 01, 2021
Be smart. You already started building before drawing up an agreement.
Re: Dangers Of Developing Land Even After Doing Proper Agreement by braine(m): 2:25am On Sep 01, 2021
Land issues are not things you simply dive into like that. People usually get scared when agreements and papers get involved.. Now its you against the family.

What kind of calculation could have ran into 42years if the amount you spent is about 1m on the structure? 24k per year estimate or what?
Re: Dangers Of Developing Land Even After Doing Proper Agreement by phemmylink(m): 2:50am On Sep 01, 2021
braine:
Land issues are not things you simply dive into like that. People usually get scared when agreements and papers get involved.. Now its you against the family.

What kind of calculation could have ran into 42years if the amount you spent is about 1m on the structure? 24k per year estimate or what?

Yes! Value of renting two shops at this time. Please is located in a rural area

(1) (Reply)

30 Tonnes Howo Trucks Available / China Travel - Beijing / Smart Investors Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.