Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Education And AI (artificial Intelligence) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education And AI (artificial Intelligence) (207 Views)

Make Money As A Student Using AI( Artificial Intelligence) 2023 Is For AI / AI - Artificial Intelligence: Chatbots(chatgpt) Usage / Dawn AI (artificial Intelligence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education And AI (artificial Intelligence) by TundeRotimi: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2021
The AI-Enabled teachers' conference was last week, and it was, without doubt, an insightful session with authorities in the EdTech industry dashing out astounding knowledge. I can confirm it was beautiful beyond imagination. In case you missed the event, you can still watch the event here.
Two of the most important lessons I learnt during the conference was that AI will not take away the available teaching jobs, and AI in its simplest form is all about automation. Get this right, AI is more than automation, but in its simplest form, it is automation.
Here are some of the few benefits of AI in Education
1. Answering general questions: There are specific questions that Teachers know that they will be asked over and over again, e.g., When is the midterm break? When will the Holidays start? Etc. With access to a school's entire knowledge base, AI-powered chatbots for Telegram, WhatsApp, or even a website can answer various generic and repetitive questions students/parents typically ask without involving a teacher. In bypassing the educator, AI leaves more time for them to focus on lesson planning, curriculum research, or improving student engagement.
2. Test Grading: This is not entirely new. Multiple-choice questions can be graded with AI, therefore freeing up time for the Teacher to get involved in another thing. This technology is currently evolving drastically, and it has been tested with written answers.
3. Personalization: Just as AI can personalize students' learning courses; educators can do the same. By analyzing the students' learning abilities and history, AI can give teachers a clear picture of which subjects and lessons need reevaluation. This analysis allows teachers to create the best learning program for all students. Teachers and professors can adjust their courses to address the most common knowledge gaps or challenge areas before a student fall too far behind by analyzing each student's specific needs.
Over all the conference was an exciting one and it was beyond my expectation. I gained a lot and even earned a certificate.
I'd encourage you to join the AI-Enabled Teachers of Nigeria. I am a part of this community and have learned a lot.
You can search for AI-Enabled Teachers of Nigeria on Facebook and Linkedin or
Click here to join on Facebook > https://www./577864713372059
Click here to join on LinkedIn > https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12552545/

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Arts In National Development / Bank Of America Campus Career For Africa Students.(benefits And Details) / I Don't Have A Jamb Email, Yet I Have Written Jamb 2021,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.