Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) (1529 Views)

Youths In Ghana Reject Salah Rice Donated By A Member Of Parliament / Samoa: Fiame Naomi Mata'afa Locked Out Of Parliament By Losing Opponent / Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
The ruling ANC in South Africa says it is not privy to intelligence reports which suggest there is a "high likelihood" that party member of parliament (MP) Xiaomei Havard may be sharing classified information about South Africa with the Chinese Communist Party.

On Tuesday, local media reported that the State Security Agency counter-intelligence unit (SSA) had flagged concerns over Havard's links to China and its impact on national security.

The report read: "It is, however, a concern that, given China's modus operandi, the possibility of Harvard sharing classified information with the [Chinese] Ministry of State Security, through its embassy and its networks of state and non-state actors, cannot be ruled out. Despite Harvard denying membership of the UFWD, there is a high likelihood that she had relations with the MSS to drive their interest as directed by China, which she is likely to maintain."

The Chinese Ministry of State Security (MSS) and organisations linked to the United Front Work Department (UFWD) play an integral role in gathering intelligence outside of China.

In July, the Sunday Times newspaper first reported on Havard's link to a shadowy Chinese agency.

This was soon after the 55-year-old Chinese-born South African was announced as the candidate to occupy the parliamentary seat of the late minister in the Presidency, Jackson Mthembu.

The SSA report said: "On account of details that have emerged from the modus operandi of China and Havard's biography, there is merit in some of the media allegations that she is linked to the UFWD. From a national security perspective, there is a concern over her involvement with China and the potential impact on national security."

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2021

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by daddytime(m): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Dem yakpa for Nigeria.
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TarOrfeeek: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
This is an example of an Intelligent Intelligence Agency.

Proactive. Precise. Productive.

Under our own Moi-moi and Akamu non-Intelligence Agency, we have had Pantami, Abba Kyari, Malami and series of Intelligence related embarrassments.

Even the serial attacks on Civilian Populations are something our Akara Agents should be proactively stopping.

3 Likes

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
There was backlash when Harvard was appointed to parliament earlier this year.

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
undecided undecided
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
undecided undecided

Cat caught your tongue troll? U wanna turn this into a toxic thread?
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

This is an example of an Intelligent Intelligence Agency.

Proactive. Precise. Productive.

Under our own Moi-moi and Akamu non-Intelligence Agency, we have had Pantami, Abba Kyari, Malami and series of Intelligence related embarrassments.

Even the serial attacks on Civilian Populations are something our Akara Agents should be proactively stopping.

@bolded - what a description cool

Unfortunately, I'm not competent on Nigerian politics - will leave that to the pros

cc theInterpreter

2 Likes

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by theInterpreter: 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded - what a description cool

Unfortunately, I'm not competent on Nigerian politics - will leave that to the pros

cc theInterpreter
very correct embarassed
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2021
theInterpreter:
very correct embarassed

After our July unrest the President took control of the Ministry of Intelligence because it had been used as a political tool during the Zuma years - that's why there were lapses in intelligence gathering regarding the Zuma riots (his agents are still around).

How do you guys think your intelligence could be improved? Is Pres. Buhari in full control or is he being sabotaged?

cc TarOrfeeek

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by theInterpreter: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
TMKsouth:

After our July unrest the President took control of the Ministry of Intelligence because it had been used as a political tool during the Zuma years - that's why there were lapses in intelligence gathering regarding the Zuma riots (his agents are still around).

How do you guys think your intelligence could be improved? Is Pres. Buhari in full control or is he being sabotaged?

cc TarOrfeeek
Buhari himself is a jihadist criminal
So his cabinet is undoubtedly sabotaged
Bubu is a combination of cluelessness and criminality

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
theInterpreter:

Yikes! Ok - guess that concludes that discussion grin Anyway, I know your frustration - we had it during the Zuma years.
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by sunboy(m): 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
daddytime:
Dem yakpa for Nigeria.

None in the parliament.
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by RenaissanceGuy: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2021
Africans with their low self-esteem and victim mentality. When 'blacks' are appointed into high positions or win elections in US/Europe, we (I don't even do that) celebrate it, but we'll never vote in an American or even a fellow African from another country.
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by daddytime(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
sunboy:

None in the parliament.

Who needs the Parliament when they have the Presidency? grin
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
South Africans are a very xenophobic people so I'm suspicious of this accusation
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by sunboy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
daddytime:

Who needs the Parliament when they have the Presidency? grin

Na you dash them ?
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TarOrfeeek: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
theInterpreter:

Intelligence related activities are dictated by the Office of the NSA.

The NSA works closely with the President.

Whatever is happening now, intelligence lapses and accomodation of Jihadist Ministers are indications that this government is Pro Jihadist.

So even if we can exonerate independent bodies like the DMI and NPFIU, the core Agencies DSS, SSS, NIA and DHQ have shown an abnormal tolerance for Islamic Jihadist.

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
Africans with their low self-esteem and victim mentality. When 'blacks' are appointed into high positions or win elections in US/Europe, we (I don't even do that) celebrate it, but we'll never vote in an American or even a fellow African from another country.

South Africans don't run for political office in other countries, they stay home and fix their country. So speak for Nigeria and others instead regarding the "low self-esteem and victim mentality" accusation.

Anyways, the SA parliament is very diverse but as you know China is a dubious country and that report correctly refers to their modus operandi regarding spying. They've even been caught spying on the AU, through the software they installed while building the headquarters. Anyone who doesn't keep a close eye on them is foolish.

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
LordVoldermort:
South Africans are a very xenophobic people so I'm suspicious of this accusation

The SSA denies these accusations - but they would, wouldn't they?

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by theInterpreter: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yikes! Ok - guess that concludes that discussion grin Anyway, I know your frustration - we had it during the Zuma years.
yeah

About the topic
What were you thinking to allow a Chinese in your parliament?
Chinese of all nationalities? grin
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
theInterpreter:
yeah

About the topic
What were you thinking to allow a Chinese in your parliament?
Chinese of all nationalities? grin

Ask the ANC, she's their MP (there was a lot of noise though). The EFF has a Malawian MP - they'll spring a Nigerian on us one day those ones (that's the day South Africans will burn down parliament building grin). I'm just saying - u know SA and your people mos - highly likely.

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by theInterpreter: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

Ask the ANC, she's their MP (there was a lot of noise though). The EFF has a Malawian MP - they'll spring a Nigerian on us one day those ones (that's the day South Africans will burn down parliament building grin). I'm just saying - u know SA and your people mos - highly likely.
cheesy
Nigerians are actually very good at penetrating other countries governments

I actually meant that the Chinese are extremely patriotic to China
Their loyalty is always with China
So having a Chinese in your parliament is like dancing with the devil grin
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
theInterpreter:
cheesy
Nigerians are actually very good at penetrating other countries governments

I actually meant that the Chinese are extremely patriotic to China
Their loyalty is always with China
So having a Chinese in your parliament is like dancing with the devil grin

Yeah I've noticed threads about successful Nigerians abroad, but that guy/lady would have to be Mandela-like to enter SA parliament (theres too much tension my guy, trust me).

I was also shocked to see this Xiaomei woman wasn't even SA born but naturalized - bad move by the ANC. My guess is they were trying to appease China being part of BRICS and major investor, but I'm glad to see our security services have their eye on her.

Imagine them spying on the AU and Africa had no balls to hold them accountable for it. SMH.

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by theInterpreter: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah I've noticed threads about successful Nigerians abroad, but that guy/lady would have to be Mandela-like to enter SA parliament (theres too much tension my guy, trust me).

I was also shocked to see this Xiaomei woman wasn't even SA born but naturalized - bad move by the ANC. My guess is they were trying to appease China being part of BRICS and major investor, but I'm glad to see our security services have their eye on her.

Imagine them spying on the AU and Africa had no balls to hold them accountable for it. SMH.

Yeah
The tension is crazy

It's just impossible in Naija
No foreigner can get any reasonable post
When the indigenes are still battling with tribalism grin
Even the Lebanese that have been here before almagamation and independence find it difficult to claim Nigerian citizenship grin

The AU is just as useless as most of its member states embarassed

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
theInterpreter:

Yeah
The tension is crazy

It's just impossible in Naija
No foreigner can get any reasonable post
When the indigenes are still battling with tribalism grin
Even the Lebanese that have been here before almagamation and independence find it difficult to claim Nigerian citizenship grin

The AU is just as useless as most of its member states embarassed

A few days ago I was arguing with one troll that u guys should offer citizenship to Caucasians since you're such big white *ss lickers. They'll sort out your problems the way u credit them for everything positive in SA. Mozambique and Rwanda have already poached SA farmers so it's possible. We're willing to share - theres millions of them in SA and sometimes we don't like them much.

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by theInterpreter: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

A few days ago I was arguing with one troll that u guys should offer citizenship to Caucasians since you're such big white *ss lickers. They'll sort out your problems the way u credit them for everything positive in SA. Mozambique and Rwanda have already poached SA farmers so it's possible. We're willing to share - there a millions of them in SA and sometimes we don't like them much.
We don't like whites too
You must understand us most of the time

Scientifically speaking
Caucasians can't survive in Nigeria
It's one of the reasons our independence was basically served on a platter of gold
If you add natural circumstances with the relatively tough standard of living cheesy
Even you Black south Africans can not really cheesy
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by RenaissanceGuy: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

South Africans don't run for political office in other countries, they stay home and fix their country. So speak for Nigeria and others instead regarding the "low self-esteem and victim mentality" accusation.
So the hundreds of thousands of Americans living in Africa left America due to poverty or because their country is not"fixed"?
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by ANTIGAY(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
So the hundreds of thousands of Americans living in Africa left America due to poverty or because their country is not"fixed"?

Are u seriously comparing Nigeria with America? Let's have a serious conversation please grin I've been on this forum for 3 years to know exactly why there's a mass exodus from Nigeria. Don't try duping me please - your attempt is DOA.

1 Like

Re: SA Finds Local Chinese Member Of Parliament Is Likely Spying For China (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
theInterpreter:

We don't like whites too
You must understand us most of the time

Scientifically speaking
Caucasians can't survive in Nigeria
It's one of the reasons our independence was basically served on a platter of gold
If you add natural circumstances with the relatively tough standard of living cheesy
Even you Black south Africans can not really cheesy

Your first line is not true dude, u guys REVERE whites - they're demi gods to most Nigerians. If there's any country that's gonna sell Africa out it's you people.

Anyway, I should read up on how u gained your independence.

Yeah, most black South Africans who've been there have nothing good to say about your country except maybe your entrepreneurial spirit and the exchange rate. But I hear just landing at the airport in Lagos is hell - poor service and devastating heat. And it only gets worse from then on.

Seriously we tried accomodating u in SA back in the 90s coz of your hardships but your brothers have mastered the art of insulting their hosts so let's just keep our relationship at short-term tourism and long distance investments - no residence.

Kinda negative post this one, I don't know what brought it on. I think it's coz of everyone else quoting me angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Admiral Eric Olson Highly Decorated Special Ops Commander–captured In Azovsta / China’s Military Rise / Russia ask syria to surrender chemical weapons, syria accepts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.