Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu (15511 Views)

Suicide Bomber Caught As Pastor Oyedepo Issues Stop & Search Order: VIDEO / Ibadan Circular Road:makinde Rescinds Stop-work Order / Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by free2ryhme: 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by rajiedreez: 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
Their bribe no reach, that's why
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Welcome development....the pollution is crazy
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2021
Very good, indians, Lebanese, Chinese and those suffer head Asians, are very mean people, they don't care about Nigerian life, greedy people. Lagos government must go round and inspect all their business.
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
BBNAIJAhater:
Useless government

Go say that to your useless government in the yeast. Awon Omo were
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by do4luv14(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
This one nah small thing if she get mind, make she visit the one wey dey Festac by second rainbow,

Omo ah run ah no work again
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by EzePaschal(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159288967836013&id=735776012

I worked in this Sun Flag as a factory worker 12 and left in 2009. As I did not die there was just grace. Twice I came close to death through severe factory accidents. One was even bomb blast.
Each time I look back to every where life has taken me to and everything I have been through I just give gratitude to God

2 Likes

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Trumann: 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Let them send Immigration to raid both companies, there are many Asians working there illegally.

1 Like

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Trumann: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2021
Explicit02:
This is why we don't manufacture anything in this country

We need to Change some policies..

Ordinary iron and steel manufacturing company u no fit soft pedal on dem..

Soft pedal on Foreigners breaking your country's laws? Guy, you no try.

4 Likes

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Trumann: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
RZArecta:
How did the Lagos state officials enjoy the since to that location ? Ikorodu has the worst network of roads in the entire Lagos especially that industrial area axis yet they've been 100% loyal to the demonic APC that enslaves them.. tufiakwa cool

We can all see how PDP developed your state grin
Elect animals to govern your parents but run to Lagos to be governed by Apc.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by EmekaA125(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2021
[s]
sonsomegrigbo:
Igbo and violence sha....[/s]

Na wa ooo
Mtcheeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by NGpatriot: 11:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
Trumann:

We can all see how PDP developed your state grin
Elect animals to govern your parents but run to Lagos to be governed by Apc.

lmao...

Have mercy on the abia village ipob..

grin grin
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by NGpatriot: 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Explicit02:
This is why we don't manufacture anything in this country

We need to Change some policies..

Ordinary iron and steel manufacturing company u no fit soft pedal on dem..

How your village uncles soft-pedaled in your filthy and decayed abia village.

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Codedlyon: 12:10am On Sep 02, 2021
This is a very good move from the Lagos State government, had it been it's here in ogun state the agency would have been bribed and the companies would just continue doing what they like, I worked in a steel company here (African foundries) sincerely I needed to leave the job due the bad management of the company, imagine them still owing me about 150,000 but I just needed to leave there. Nice one from Lagos State government.
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Igahbarr: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2021
wewe1:
Stop work
Means
Stop Labour
Which means
No more worker
Which means
Unemployment...

I am just thinking aloud
guy, if you know the kind of risk the workers in those companies faced, you would not talk like that. Many workers have lost their lives in the course of recycling metals as a result archaic machines made available by the wicked and heartless Indians. I prefer facing boko haram in sambisa forest than working with those companies. It is better to remain jobless than risking your life in such death trap companies.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by victme1(m): 2:47am On Sep 02, 2021
She and her Team did not even wear helment or boots.

The staff of the iron company too did not wear protective gears.

Yeye
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by witworth(m): 3:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Yes especially that spintex junction and area
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by jeff1607(m): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2021
Orjioorji:
As a professional recycler. You don't site recycling plants close to residential areas because of toxic emissions. Relocate them to bush or outside the city pls.

Even if they are taken to the bush, Nigerians will buy land close to manufacturing companies inordee to lure workers to rent and be “close to work”

1 Like

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by NGpatriot: 4:07am On Sep 02, 2021
victme1:
She and her Team did not even wear helment or boots.

The staff of the iron company too did not wear protective gears.

Yeye

Did you also notice that the sky wasn't blue too?
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by LordErrk: 4:14am On Sep 02, 2021
wewe1:
Stop work
Means
Stop Labour
Which means
No more worker
Which means
Unemployment...

I am just thinking aloud

Did you also think aloud, about the amount of pollution that company will be causing? It would mean, people who live around may get very sick and stop labour. Which means no more worker. Which means unemployment.
For once Nigerians should follow safety rules and learn to stop living like animals

1 Like

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by RZArecta(m): 4:38am On Sep 02, 2021
Trumann:

[s]We can all see how PDP developed your state grin
Elect animals to govern your parents but run to Lagos to be governed by Apc.[/s]

1 Like

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by tysamuel: 5:22am On Sep 02, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159288967836013&id=735776012

Truthfully, it's sad how the LASG are responding to this menace and dangers these Iron and Steel factories have been causing within Ikorodu and Ogijo areas. Very sad. The road network is worse. The power supply is mostly rationalised and now deteriorating. The air quality is below the red level.

The most disheartening part of the story is how gullible and loyal the indigenes have been to the current ruling party. The entire community has been wreaked by their inhumane actions on innocent people who live around. The thugs that collect revenues in these areas are another hydra the government has been feeding, or better still, has been feeding the government.

I once worked in a similar Iron factory in this area of Ikorodu in 2011, the lack of respect for human lives, the zero health and safety measures, and the maltreatment by the Indians are only justified by the open floor the government had given them. Learn about how many people have either died or been disabled by those machines, and you will be less surprised Lagos has been sold tipetipe.
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by ICEWIN: 6:04am On Sep 02, 2021
Orjioorji:
As a professional recycler. You don't site recycling plants close to residential areas because of toxic emissions. Relocate them to bush or outside the city pls.
What if development comes there?
they should also move to the bush again?
dangote cement factory was in gboko b4 development in that town,nw the people are insisting he should relocate his factory,do u no how much it will cost the factory.
bt dangote have been settling the residential area with packages.
that of lagos,the steal factory have not been fair with the people/government thats why they have to report him and the owner dont want to lobby to maintain itx position.
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by JuanDeDios: 7:02am On Sep 02, 2021
wewe1:
Stop work
Means
Stop Labour
Which means
No more worker
Which means
Unemployment...

I am just thinking aloud
Seriously?!
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Explicit02: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

How your village uncles soft-pedaled in your filthy and decayed abia village.
please what happened here ?? Kindly explain

Thanks
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by barcaboi(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2021
FILEBE:

Dey calm down na. No be everything you go fight thr government for. This is one of them
Exactly
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by barcaboi(m): 8:02am On Sep 02, 2021
wewe1:
Stop work
Means
Stop Labour
Which means
No more worker
Which means
Unemployment...

I am just thinking aloud
Workers welfare is important; everything isn’t just working. Na so person die for production plant for Ibadan. Let them fight this battle for the workers and let’s all stop all these complaining. If companies treat us bad; isn’t it right to fight for them

1 Like

Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2021
tysamuel:

Truthfully, it's sad how the LASG are responding to this menace and dangers these Iron and Steel factories have been causing within Ikorodu and Ogijo areas. Very sad. The road network is worse. The power supply is mostly rationalised and now deteriorating. The air quality is below the red level.

The most disheartening part of the story is how gullible and loyal the indigenes have been to the current ruling party. The entire community has been wreaked by their inhumane actions on innocent people who live around. The thugs that collect revenues in these areas are another hydra the government has been feeding, or better still, has been feeding the government.

I once worked in a similar Iron factory in this area of Ikorodu in 2011, the lack of respect for human lives, the zero health and safety measures, and the maltreatment by the Indians are only justified by the open floor the government had given them. Learn about how many people have either died or been disabled by those machines, and you will be less surprised Lagos has been sold tipetipe.
was it not during ur PDP govt of obasanjo casualization started... U want to insult indigine now what did you do to ensure APC Lost did u vote...
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by Emma1Oj(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2021
The only sane state in Nigeria after Edo state.
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by FKMagazine(m): 8:48am On Sep 02, 2021
E go affect many aboki o
Re: LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu by RadleyLC(m): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
Federated in Ogun and the metal scrap section of AvonCrowncaps- where you have workers using practically legs to pound in scraps into bailing machine, also in Ogun comes to mind.

Codedlyon:
This is a very good move from the Lagos State government, had it been it's here in ogun state the agency would have been bribed and the companies would just continue doing what they like, I worked in a steel company here (African foundries) sincerely I needed to leave the job due the bad management of the company, imagine them still owing me about 150,000 but I just needed to leave there. Nice one from Lagos State government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal: Borno Releases 80 Vehicles To Ease Farmers’ Movement / Nigeria Lost Over N6.4 Trillion To Corruption-ridden NNPC Oil Sales – NRGI Repor / Buhari To Launch $10billion Niger Delta Reconstruction Fund..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.