Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? (1613 Views)

How To Do MTN Welcome Back Yourself Without Going To MTN Office / New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Sikay19(m): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2021
I misplaced my two mtn sims. I want to retrieve them back but was told that i can get it done only at their office. I want to ask how much were you charged and what are the required details. Where can i do it at ibadan?
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by PioneerDesigns: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2021
Please, I have mtn sim I have been using close to a decade now, but it wasn’t registered by me, it was done by a friend.. now the sim is spoilt and I want to retrieve, the friend is not even near by, please can I get this done? It’s my main sim which I have been using for years, has anyone being in this shoe before pls
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by THUNDAR(m): 3:59am On Sep 02, 2021
I did mine on 31st paid N1000 in their office

1 Like

Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Bossman(m): 4:24am On Sep 02, 2021
It will need to be done by the person that registered it. Sine the sim currently belongs to them in the system.

PioneerDesigns:
Please, I have mtn sim I have been using close to a decade now, but it wasn’t registered by me, it was done by a friend.. now the sim is spoilt and I want to retrieve, the friend is not even near by, please can I get this done? It’s my main sim which I have been using for years, has anyone being in this shoe before pls

1 Like

Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Sikay19(m): 7:22am On Sep 02, 2021
THUNDAR:
I did mine on 31st paid N1000 in their office
where is that sir?
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by osmosis101(m): 7:37am On Sep 02, 2021
Sikay19:

where is that sir?

They will credit you 500

At original and certified MTN office
Not road side
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Sikay19(m): 7:55am On Sep 02, 2021
osmosis101:

They will credit you 500

At original and certified MTN office
Not road side
Roadsides are not allowed to do it. Is MTN center at idiape,ibadan a recognised office?
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Darkseid(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2021
PioneerDesigns:
You can retrieve it without the original registrant, I registered my kid brother's SIM myself when he still very young, about two years ago his phone got stolen and he was able to retrieve the line himself.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Shegzdave: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2021
Sikay19:
I misplaced my two mtn sims. I want to retrieve them back but was told that i can get it done only at their office. I want to ask how much were you charged and what are the required details. Where can i do it at ibadan?
I did mine last week and I was charged #1500 for it..
They'll give you #1000 airtime and data inclusive.
You'll need to submit one means of identification to them, that's all... I hope it helps

1 Like

Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by PioneerDesigns: 2:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
But I don’t have the sim pack Neither does he (my friend)
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by THUNDAR(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Sikay19:

where is that sir?

Abuja
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by zanjorrg(m): 1:02am On Sep 03, 2021
Darkseid:
You can retrieve it without the original registrant, I registered my kid brother's SIM myself when he still very young, about two years ago his phone got stolen and he was able to retrieve the line himself.

That was then... If you are not the one that registered sim, its 100% not possible to do welcome back (especially MTN) . NIN is the main culprit here
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by zanjorrg(m): 1:03am On Sep 03, 2021
PioneerDesigns:
But I don’t have the sim pack Neither does he (my friend)

For now, MTN doesn't require sim pack
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Bossman(m): 4:31am On Sep 03, 2021
Exactly! He will need to show identification matching the current identification in the system.

zanjorrg:

That was then... If you are not the one that registered sim, its 100% not possible to do welcome back (especially MTN) . NIN is the main culprit here
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by zanjorrg(m): 7:08am On Sep 03, 2021
Bossman:
Exactly! He will need to show identification matching the current identification in the system.

With NIN all his details will come up. if it doesn't tally, the sysyter will not show proceed, hence making it difficult to do the sim swap

1 Like

Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by drmikeadams(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Bossman:

...sorry I lost my late mom's sim..can I retrieve it?I have her nin and voters Id....I know say na old thread...is it possible?
Re: Who Has Recently Done MTN Welcome Back? by Bossman(m): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
You can't retrieve someone else's SIM card. That you have the person's ID carries no weight. You own identification does not match what's in the system.
drmikeadams:
...sorry I lost my late mom's sim..can I retrieve it?I have her nin and voters Id....I know say na old thread...is it possible?

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6, 32gb / Who Noticed Uneccessary Debit When Transferring On Gtbank / Is Samsung Star S5033 A Good Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.