Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? (18080 Views)

Nine Northern Governors Pushing For Southern APC Presidential Candidate / Jonathan’s Backers Seek Adoption, Southern APC Aspirants Disagree / 2023: Southern Nigeria Should Produce The Next President – Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
uba1991:
Ipob in a confused state. If they vote a southerner they will be voting an Islamic party.
If they vote PDP they will automatically vote a Fulani man.
Ipob how market?

As mountainous as your problem is, you abandon it and chose to carry IPOB's. You don't even fear for your health. The both is liable to take great toll on you before 2023.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by asobo1: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ibkhaleel:
Hypocrites! Why are you southerners not even ashame of yourselves? You hate Apc with passion sinoly because a Northerner is in power but of a sudden your attitude is changing because u want a xtian southerner to win under d same apc....anyway! Nigeria is far greater that what tou think! It is not an online Nation or country.....dont be deceived by the number of propaganda and its supporters online on NL and other platforms!

Nigeria is north!
Religious bigot and fanatic. Respect the word Christian and spell it the way it ought to be.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by RentAghost: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
richmond500:
no one except Ipob is rooting for u, even igbos are denying ipob, SS, SW and North has completely denied u
I am not ibo, I'm routing for ipob, routing for Yoruba nation agitators, routing for whoever takes a stand in opposition to buhari's tyranny and I'm not alone. So speak for yourself alone jon snow

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Indispensable85(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Power suppose go South na......
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Kanixt(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=englishmart post=105421765] Non of those parties deserve reelection into presidential position. The truth is Nigeria will still make a similar or worse mistake in 2023 that they made in 2014. It is easier for world trade center building Abuja to pass through the eye of a needle than for Nigerians to learn.

Nigeria is a case of illegally married people cohabiting. No bride price, no agreement, nothing. (Abuja marriage) This country expired 100-years after amalgamation and that was in 2014.
Disintegration will help separate sheep from goats. Not Messi kind of GOAT sha
[/quote

You are yet to pick. PDP or APC?
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by richmond500: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
RentAghost:
I am not ibo, I'm routing for ipob, routing for Yoruba nation agitators, routing for whoever takes a stand in opposition to buhari's tyranny and I'm not alone. So speak for yourself alone jon snow
tah, Chukwudi stop lying.
U are igbo,

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by asobo1: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
philasine:
I think PDP does not mean well for the country, as a political party with the interest of the people above personal interest of merely being in power it should give it's presidential ticket to the South because if they succeed in that bid even if their candidate loose, that single action wil change the political antecedent and will hunt the future of Nigeria politics. It ll pave way for all northern dominance of the political scene. Because one one political party present a northerner after his tenor the opposition party will present another northerner and the circle will continue
If we are to go the way you wrote up here, Goodluck Jonathan shouldn't have contested the 2011 general elections after completing late Yar'adua term of 4 years.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by SEGLIZ: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
nzeobi:
If the APC candidate is from SE I will vote him but aside that I will vote for the candidate with the best manifesto who will protect my interest
aside 1993, when has any political party or individual presented a manifesto, let a alone the one that protects the interest of electorate or covers the whole nation.

don't be an hypocrite just answer the question. well you did so I like that, it is obvious you won't vote any none easterner aside from north.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by bjdon: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
It all depends on who the candidates are. Here is how I would vote in different match ups (Let's face it, the candidates of both parties are unlikely to come from outside these names):

PDP APC My vote
Atiku GEJ GEJ
Tambuwal Osinbanjo Osinbajo
Tambuwaal Tinubu Stay at home
Atiku Tinubu Stay at home
Obi GEJ Obi
Obi Osinbajo Osinbajo
Obi Tinubu Obi
GEJ Tinubu GEJ
Obi Amachi Obi
Atiku Amachi Amachi
Tambuwal Amachi Amachi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by MufasaLion: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
Bunch of recycled old creatures!
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by asobo1: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
richmond500:
in 2023, it was obvious Buhari will win Atiku, ur sight was just clouded by emotions, hatred and online polls.
Buhari presented integrity on the table and most people felt Buhari is really genuine, he was just a baba slow but not a thief. Atiku couldn't present anything except saying he will make his friends rich.
Buhari was like a religion in the north, they worshiped him, Atiku doesn't have half the supporters Buhari command, those who voted for Buhari are genuine supporters which No politician in Nigeria has.

In a normal platform where there is no party advantage, only Tinubu can give Buhari a hard time
Atiku doesn't have half supporters Buhari command. Are you for real? So those who voted for him, are his enemies and not supporters undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Trentee4eva: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
It depends on where the southern APC candidate comes from. If he's from SS or SE then he will have my support. SW has had a fair share of 16 years as President and VP.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Tmex(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2021
bareal:

You mean a whole professor emeritus of law that deputised for a common jihadist illiterate, who has been reduced to sharing peanut In the market place and a one time vice president who chaired the most currupt energy privatisation to political cronnies Nigeria has ever witnessed?

I pertially agree with you, but one sure thing is theres absolutely nothing he could have done. Many times the role of vice presidents or deputy governors are mostly "sit dowm look" kinda cos they arnt the ones calling the shots. You will agree with me when VP was in acting capacity he made some remarkable impacts most especially on our economy not like he is the best but that he is less of evil. And we just have to choose 1 of the 2 evils around. I wish the youths are serious though.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by richmond500: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
asobo1:
Atiku doesn't have half supporters Buhari command. Are you for real? So those who voted for him, are his enemies and not supporters undecided
most of those who voted are either PDP supporters or APC haters.

U and I know that Atiku may even find it hard to defeat Amaechi in 2019, na PDP bring that man back to the light, the name was almost politically dead before 2019

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by eldoradoxx: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
Which ethnic agenda was pursued by PDP at the detriment of other ethnic nationalities if I may ask? PDP that in 1999 rejected the most qualified candidate then Alex Ekwueme and went South West for Obasanjo just to ensure that Abiola and Yorubas are compensated even when Yorubas rejected their own son Obj. The party ensured spread of appointment whether Senate President, Deputy Senate President and Speaker and Deputy Speaker of House of Rep did not emerge from on region or one religion unlike what we have today. After Obasanjo it zoned it to North, there was no argument of whether or not there is zoning as APC is currently arguing. Yar Adua emerged with Jonathan Senate President was David Mark a Christian from Middle Belt, Speakers were Patricia Ette and Demeji Bankole both from South West. After Yar Adua came Johnathan with David Mark as Senate President. Gbajabiamilla as the leader of opposition conspired with ACN elements in the House to ensure Mulikat Akande whom the party recognised as Speaker to represent the South West never made, they went for Tambuwal just to fan the ember of marginalization by PDP . Fast forward to today and tell us if APC governments represents all sections of Nigeria
Penguin2:
As 2023 elections approaches, the trajectory that the two major political parties are likely to take, is becoming clearer.

From all feelers, PDP is going North while APC is likely coming South due to the interest of the Southern gladiators of the fold.

Now, the question is simple; would you rather vote for a Southern APC candidate as president or would rather vote a northern PDP candidate just to make sure APC as party doesn’t retain power?

I ask this because as much as the ‘Islamic party’ tag on APC seemed to be a matter of propaganda in 2015, the activities of the party so far since it gained power has not helped to take that tag away.

We might wanna argue that whoever is the president is what matters but do not lose sight of party politics. It is the party who will determine who the senate president will be, the Speaker of House of Representatives and all. These are important components if the president must deliver and correct the ills of this administration especially in some agenda considered northern-centric.

The PDP on the other hand, is not a party of saints but if you were to judge them dispassionately, we would agree that it is the only nationalistic party around. In the 16 years it held sway, the ethnic agenda was pursued to the detriment of other ethnic nationalities.

So, the question is simple; would you vote APC again because the have presented a Southern Candidate or would you rather a northerner becomes president again in PDP rather than see APC as a party retain power; especially as a southerner?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by NoSentiment: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
The day the Apc fields a southern candidate and PDP a northern candidate is the day the APC willingly agrees to cease ruling Nigeria. Reasons?

(1) Northerners (both elite and peasantry) do not see the current APC govt as having worked for or represented their best interests. This may come as a surprise to an average southerner who considers Buhari's alleged sectional appointment as sth the north sees as anything or is happy about. The thinking in the north is that almost of of Buhari's capital projects are concentrated in the Lagos-Ibadan axis. He is seen by most as having done nothing concrete for the north. He has, for instance, even done nothing for his traditional strongholds of Kano (except a prison) and Bauchi (except a recent plan for a university in Azare)! This is not to talk of Katsina (except a transport univ in Daura)

2. The SE naturally dislikes APC and its president Buhari. Plus, they see the SW as having betrayed their benefactor (GEJ). Hence, they'll rather vote for a northern PDP candidate (may be with an igbo vice) just to spite the APC and PMB and pay the SW back for their "betrayal" of their benefactor.

3. The SW is sophisticated and politically (and religiouly) indecisive. Even if a PDP candidate comes from there, still a very good APC candidate stands the chance of getting reasonable amounts of votes there.

Therefore, a Northern PDP candidate is guaranteed to get the northern votes (where there is now an unprecedented disdain for PMB and dislike for APC) + the protest votes of the SE (a region that has a fleshy political bone to pick with SW where the southern APC candidate is highly likely to come from) + the votes of the highly indecisive SW.

In contrast, a Southern APC candidate at most has a guarantee of the votes of the SW (where he comes from) but not that of the North ( northerners may be seen as illiterate but they're politically smart) or south (where voter apathy or indifference or even, as it is highly likely, protest votes against PMB and APC may be decisive)

The best bet for the PDP is fielding a northern candidate especially if APC goes south where she's without an ounce of doubt going to see shege from both the southerners that it would want to give medicine after death and the northerners that I'd take for granted.

2023 is packed with alot of drama for those whose lives Allah spares to see it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ExtraVioment: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
If it's a southerner, move the capital to a state where you are even 51% comfortable, I will even go as far as saying move to where you will be 70% comfortable .
For me, that will be calabar or lagos. Then navy move to ph, then other stuffs will be reshuffled. NAF will be moved to benue.

All air denial toys will be spread around the east and west. Am speaking in domes.

Wishful thinking, reality be say we get a hardened failure driving us around in a number 8 shape. A very un-intelligent person. Tufia.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Ibkhaleel: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
asobo1:
Religious bigot and fanatic. Respect the word Christian and spell it the way it ought to be.
Jesus hates you for fabricating a satan way after him... claiming to be following him while in reality you are opposing what he truly preached
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by stawarts(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
nzeobi:

So aside ipob you have nothing else to say and who told you that igbos who voted yaradua overwhelming even more than Yoruba and northerners hates reformed reasonable Fulani men.
Na so e dey take start " reformed Fulani man" pls look beyond one man look at the influence his people will have on him, outside babangida and obasanjo no other nigeria leader have able to overcome the monster call ethnicity... Pls we should not repeat the mistake of 2015.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by KayCee92(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
We are still doing this....�
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Masterkernel1: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
richmond500:
Let's not lie to ourselves, PDP will not win the election.

Many people sees PDP as Ipob party and if PDP wins, then Ipob wins and if Ipob wins then enemies of Nigeria wins, that's the mentality we move with.
In as much as Buhari hasn't done anything to make Nigerians live a better life, PDP can't win the next election except they rig.

PDP should have had a soft landing but APC will loose in SE cos of hatred for Buhari while PDP will loose in most part of Nigeria cos of hatred for Ipob

Sounds very funny. Time will tell.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Glycosunde: 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2021
And tomorrow mumu PDP will say they have Nigerians at heart. When we're saying and crying that the North as bastardized this country enough, just because they want power by all means and they know that APC is zoning theirs to the South they want to zone theirs back to the same north they are complaining about. A very big and disgraceful shame on PDP. Bumy now Nigerians should be looking beyond these two parties but we are not yet ready and the mistake of 2015 is going to repeat itself in a different dimension come 2023.

Sighs.......... Drops pen

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by kponkedenge(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
richmond500:
in 2023, it was obvious Buhari will win Atiku, ur sight was just clouded by emotions, hatred and online polls.
Buhari presented integrity on the table and most people felt Buhari is really genuine, he was just a baba slow but not a thief. Atiku couldn't present anything except saying he will make his friends rich.
Buhari was like a religion in the north, they worshiped him, Atiku doesn't have half the supporters Buhari command, those who voted for Buhari are genuine supporters which No politician in Nigeria has.

In a normal platform where there is no party advantage, only Tinubu can give Buhari a hard time

Which 2023 are you talking about? I'm talking about 2019 after Buhari's first term and you're talking something else.

No sane person voted for Buhari after his disastrous first term.... I'm not talking about 2015 which most people were still angry with Jonathan and wanted something different....I'm talking about 2019.

So I really don't know what you're talking about when you say hatred or whatever.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by stanluiz(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Op is right. Since igbo Political leaders are too weak and Cowardly to tell pdp that it is there turn and they should zone the presidential tickets to the South after all their votes, commitment and sacrifice.

They are still watching like Zombies while Atiku, tambuwal and saraki snatch the presidential tickets from them.

My own is that power must come to the South in 2023. And it supposed to be the turn of the South East. But going by the political events in Nigeria it is clear that South East is not ready for the presidential race.

Whoever that is ready between the SW and SS will have my vote and that candidate will be president.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by madukaanaya(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
it should come to south.igbo or yoruba i dont care but lesser humans shouldnt be occupying that seat.
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Emir01: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Election is not won on social media. It requires serious hardwork. I don't see PDP winining 2023 Election no matter where their candidate is coming from. Quote me.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
EPIJOE:
THE ONLY CANDIDATES TO RULE THIS COUNTRY WELL, ARE NOT POLITICIANS.

POLITICIANS WOULD CONTINUE IN THERE CYCLIC WAY OF MANIPULATION AND RULING.

BUT A VIBRANT AND BRILLIANT CANDIDATE WHO KNOWS 3 MAJOR ETHICS ANS SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF ECONOMICS.

CAN HANDLE THIS COUNTRY.

BEST PICK IS

YEMI OSHIBAJO
FEMI ADESHINA
FASHOLA
AMBODE
AKEREDOLU
PETER OBI
CHARLES SOLUDO
OKONJO UW
Femi adeshina kee u there. That useless fellow
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by Dogi1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Southern APC
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by oluwaahmed: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
Solsix:
I am from Anambra state, I will vote southern APC candidate. All of us cant be mad at the same time

You are already mad for considering to vote APC again after how they have destroyed country
Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ThatFairGuy1: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
You're from mbaitoli. You've seen an Ipob member from Yoruba extradition
CORRECTMAN78:

Am from Osun state, I would rather vote northern PDP candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by ThatFairGuy1: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ibn Khaleel, NIGERIA can't be North. Nigeria is Nigeria.

North can not win election alone
Ibkhaleel:
Hypocrites! Why are you southerners not even ashame of yourselves? You hate Apc with passion sinoly because a Northerner is in power but of a sudden your attitude is changing because u want a xtian southerner to win under d same apc....anyway! Nigeria is far greater that what tou think! It is not an online Nation or country.....dont be deceived by the number of propaganda and its supporters online on NL and other platforms!

Nigeria is north!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? by sokera: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
APC Tinubu 2023 for sure if you have anyone from north or south east let the person go to PDP … final judgement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / We Will Start Going After Those Calling For Coup - Chief Of Defence Staff, Musa / Support Our Troops Not The Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.